2014 infotainment FLHTK : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

plongson wants to know Dino or Syn?
2014 infotainment FLHTK

A particular function on my infotainment radio has been frigg'd up since I took delivery. It will not hold the FAV stations (won't hold favorite stations, like the pushbutton on an old radio) and usually within a start or two says "Initializing". Stays that way until there is another full factory reset...minor issue, major pain in my a$$. It's the ONLY thing that does not work on this bike.

With all that said, I've had a trouble/service tick with a number with the MoCo since late September. It's been in numerous times, once for two weeks while I was out of town so the factory could have the local shop "Evaluate" and "Document" the problem. Well, it did it for them and it has been documented and registered in the trouble ticket.

MoCo says this is the only one they've seen, passed it on the Harmon-Kardon and they don't have a clue either.

I've been saying for the last two months it's high time to replace the frigg,n radio...but that isn't happening. Someone somewhere is refusing to fix or replace my jacked up radio.

I think I'm being sandbagged. I think MoCo and H-K hopes I'll just go away. Let me add the local dealer has been fantastic, doing what he can with his hands tied. I'm not blaming him one bit.

BUT...What the heck can be done to force them to fix the damn radio on this $30,000 motorcycle??? Who the heck can you call to get some serious results short of getting a lawyer involved?

I've been very understanding for too long and at the end of my rope.

Paul

plongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brykwil wants to know Dino or Syn?
I assume you updated the software?
Brykwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Ya, about 20 times, by both me and the dealer.

All the easy stuff has been addressed.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plongson View Post
A particular function on my infotainment radio has been frigg'd up since I took delivery. It will not hold the FAV stations (won't hold favorite stations, like the pushbutton on an old radio) and usually within a start or two says "Initializing". Stays that way until there is another full factory reset...minor issue, major pain in my a$$. It's the ONLY thing that does not work on this bike.

With all that said, I've had a trouble/service tick with a number with the MoCo since late September. It's been in numerous times, once for two weeks while I was out of town so the factory could have the local shop "Evaluate" and "Document" the problem. Well, it did it for them and it has been documented and registered in the trouble ticket.

MoCo says this is the only one they've seen, passed it on the Harmon-Kardon and they don't have a clue either.

I've been saying for the last two months it's high time to replace the frigg,n radio...but that isn't happening. Someone somewhere is refusing to fix or replace my jacked up radio.

I think I'm being sandbagged. I think MoCo and H-K hopes I'll just go away. Let me add the local dealer has been fantastic, doing what he can with his hands tied. I'm not blaming him one bit.

BUT...What the heck can be done to force them to fix the damn radio on this $30,000 motorcycle??? Who the heck can you call to get some serious results short of getting a lawyer involved?

I've been very understanding for too long and at the end of my rope.

Paul
Paul , they are exercising the 80/20 rule . Keep after them.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

What's the 80/20 rule?

Old 01-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What's the 80/20 rule?
Ok, write this down.

The 80/20 rule : No matter the subject, if you put someone off three (3) times , 80% will give up .

It's been around sence God was One (1) and dirt was new. A truism .

Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Ya, I'm just WAY too anal for that to happen...LOL

I'm starting to get pissed...WTF, it only took 5 months??? I'm thinking I'm the dumb ass here...

Old 01-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

IUOE Rob wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sent you a PM...

Last edited by IUOE Rob; 01-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.
IUOE Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

THANKS! Will do...

Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ya, I'm just WAY too anal for that to happen...LOL

I'm starting to get pissed...WTF, it only took 5 months??? I'm thinking I'm the dumb ass here...
Can you say..........Lemon Law ??????

Old 01-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

I thought of that but I'd sure like to get this resolved without knives or pistols. I just want the damn thing fixed and leave lawyers out of it. I'm putting in a call in a bit to see what they have to say this week.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

mikeman54 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Not saying your dealers a richard,but a good stealership would replace that $1800 unit just to keep you happy and praise them,I'd hope thats what mine would do.Hoope I don't have any infotainment hangups as i read on here.I only have the 4.3 and has perfomed flawlessly so far.
mikeman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

harleymojoman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Exclamation . . . and so it goes

They can't fix them because they don't know how. They "cheaped" out with a foreign software package and now are at the mercy of code writers. The menu conventions are a mess, that's why we can't find things in logical order in settings. This COULDN'T" have been part of their Rushmore project .
SEPT
Clear View windshield
Custom Dynamics LED's

Last edited by harleymojoman; 01-18-2014 at 09:59 PM.
harleymojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

No it IS a Harmon-Kardon. And as the story has progressed they claim HK is confused. I called HD support yesterday and worked with them for about 20 minutes. They made a bunch of calls while I was on hold coming back and saying HD and HK think it's software not hardware and there is an update written and due for release like right now, it just need to be approved before it goes live on the HD website.

They want to try the update before swapping out the radio. Personally, I'd rather have it be a software fix. I don't want anyone R&Ring on my bike if there is an easy way...

Stay tuned...

Old 01-19-2014, 03:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
FNG :)

grahamjb wants to know Dino or Syn?
Mate, can you elaborate on the problem you are having.

Setting favourites can be confusing on this model and I was stumped initially until I worked out the logic that is used. If you can enter a station into your favourites you need to hold your finger on the icon for 5 seconds or so until it lets you know the station has been saved.
Graham
grahamjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement