Handle Bars for a Yeti on an Ultra : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

laserp wants to know Dino or Syn?
Handle Bars for a Yeti on an Ultra

I'm tearing apart my front end and having the inner fairing painter. Another thread..
So I want to put new bars on at this time. I'm 6'5" and sometimes feel like T-Rex with little tiny arms riding it with the stock ergo. Looking for opinions on the best option to make minor adjustments. I still want my hands relatively close to being behind the fairing. Looking for a little up and a little out. I have to be able to accommodate the FBW throttle and heated grips too.

The Chubby WO578's look like a good option..

Any suggestions from my fellow Yeti's?

Thanks,
Laser
02 FLSTCI 117, Darkhorsed, Baisley Pro-Street Heads & corrected geo. roller rockers, Axtell kit 20 deg. rev. dome pistons 11.5:1, HPI 55/58mm MaxFlow tb, Tman TR-662-2 & 3 stage pump, Boarzilla, Barnett Scorpion clutch, Jag 10 row oil cooler, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID

10 Ultra Limited 103, Andrews 54 cam, SEAC mod breather, Bigboyz ported heads @10.2 comp, Jackpot 2-1-2 header and Dyno tuned muffs, TTS, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID

Last edited by laserp; 01-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.
laserp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

bcomes wants to know Dino or Syn?
Check out Khrome Werks sweeper bars. I went with the +2 sweepers (I'm 5-8"). Since I bought mine they have added the 2+2. I like the curve in riser part of the bar (that gives you the pullback) instead of a large angle on the hand grips or a straight bar that needs to be tipped way down to get pullback. Go all the way to the bottom of their website to find a link to specification charts. I had some Chubbys on a previous bike. The chrome on the Khrome Werks is nice but the chrome on the set of Chubbys I had was premium.
bcomes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Hey BC,
I ended up going with the Chubby WO578's. Puts my hands 2" up and I can kick them forward too, for my reach. They look slick when you set them up parallel to the inner fairing lines. Hands will still be behind the bat wing ears..I think these will be right for me and will look great. I ordered some diamondback stainless clutch and brake lines too. +4 on the clutch and +2 on the brake.
Thanks for your input,
Laser
02 FLSTCI 117, Darkhorsed, Baisley Pro-Street Heads & corrected geo. roller rockers, Axtell kit 20 deg. rev. dome pistons 11.5:1, HPI 55/58mm MaxFlow tb, Tman TR-662-2 & 3 stage pump, Boarzilla, Barnett Scorpion clutch, Jag 10 row oil cooler, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID

10 Ultra Limited 103, Andrews 54 cam, SEAC mod breather, Bigboyz ported heads @10.2 comp, Jackpot 2-1-2 header and Dyno tuned muffs, TTS, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Does anyone know the right P/N for a 2010 limited with ABS front upper diamondback brake line? I think I need one a couple inches longer than stock P/N 41679-09, with Chubby WO578bars, but ain't having much luck figuring it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Man do I feel dumb..

P/N 38145-10?

Last edited by laserp; 01-26-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

bump bump bump

Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Figured it out. You have to buy the $269 lower lines too. The kit for the lower contains the upper second piece. Can't buy the second piece for the upper seerately. What a joke.

Thanks for all the input!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.