1995 electra glide ultra classic - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

kjmarko83 wants to know Dino or Syn?
im pawing through the evo performance mods section to find out what i can do to it already...i know it wont be as fast as my 100hp dyna but ill make it wheelie worthy.
kjmarko83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

oldog97 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I had a '95 Classic in the same color, a beautiful bike! You won't be sorry!
oldog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

here is some more pics for yall

Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

rhedengr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Keep the saddlebag guard rails clean and polished. The rails are shockingly expensive to replace if they start pitting. I let mine go awhile before attaining a "pride of ownership" mood that allowed me to save them before having to replace.

Also, the crash guard chrome and wind baffle will rust if you don't keep them maintained.

Granted, this info is for all bikes, but a 17 year old bike may need extra care.

r
S&S Super carb
Manley Street Master springs and valves
SE Adjustable pushrods
Polished ports
Samson Silver Bullet Fishtails
rhedengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

Well, it pains me to say that I did not get the bike. After taking it for a long ride I pulled over to the side of the road and began checking it for leaks and squeaks. the list was shocking to say the least. Nothing to expensive but enough to make me wonder what will go wrong with it after buying. So I narrowed the list down to the major things I thought would be acceptable to fix and made my pitch to the sales department. (fix this stuff and I will buy it now). their instant response was that they wanted to sell it as is. so I walked away.
They still have and I imagine their pretty bent over on it, so I'm gonna try to see if they will go for it again next week, or just drop the price and ill fix it myself. lol.

They'll crater eventually.

Till then I guess my current ride isn't so bad.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

luvmy09 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just sold a 94 ultra (red) with 54000 miles on it for 5900.00 if that helps you decide on the price any. It was in great shape except for a nasty scratch on the fairing.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

inkslinger5937 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cant go wrong with that one. Changed my 95 to a 98 frame and tins, kept the EVO motor and have put 53k miles on it with no major problems.
inkslinger5937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

4x4given wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sure wish I did not sell my '95 Ultra (converted to a Street Glide). I'm still trying to track it down and see about buying it back.

Last edited by 4x4given; 01-11-2013 at 01:46 PM.
4x4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmarko83 View Post
Well, it pains me to say that I did not get the bike. After taking it for a long ride I pulled over to the side of the road and began checking it for leaks and squeaks. the list was shocking to say the least. Nothing to expensive but enough to make me wonder what will go wrong with it after buying. So I narrowed the list down to the major things I thought would be acceptable to fix and made my pitch to the sales department. (fix this stuff and I will buy it now). their instant response was that they wanted to sell it as is. so I walked away.
They still have and I imagine their pretty bent over on it, so I'm gonna try to see if they will go for it again next week, or just drop the price and ill fix it myself. lol.

They'll crater eventually.

Till then I guess my current ride isn't so bad.
If the leaks were base gasket and upper end I wouldn't get too excited. You'll want to pull that engine down to replace the inner cam bearing anyway. The evo's have that same POS caged inner cam bearing as the TC's.

Don't give up on it yet, that's a nice looking bike. A little off the price for your trouble shouldn't be too hard for them to swallow.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement