I bought a used HD RadioTech radio which needed a little TLC. I first needed to trouble shoot a short. Never found the real problem, but in the process of completely dissembling, ground testing all leads and reassembling all the circuit board connections problem went away.
The radio was originally all black, a little on the rough side(I'm picky) and the buttons showed a lot of wear(as well as a missing power botton). I decided to give it a complete make over.
1. Removed all electronics.
2. Remove all misc hardware.
3. Prep and rubber coat spray the membrane keypad
4. Polish/remove scratches of LCD screen cover
5. Sand, prime and color match the bezel and bottom housing with Olive Pearl (my bike is stock two tone olive/black) (Top of radio is leather)
6. Fab up a power button from a piece of rhinestone off a piece of cosmetic jewelery.
On the fence about painting the chrome speaker rings black. I'm going to be changing out quite a few chrome parts on the bike with gloss black powder coat parts in the future, so maybe I'll do it then.
Here's a couple of pics. Sorry for the crappy phone pic quality.
Last edited by xk49; 11-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Reason: Added speaker on bike pic.