Heated liners - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Those of you who have the Gerbing stuff how true do the hold to their sizes? Is a Medium a Medium or is it on the smaller size for jacket liners and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
merry old soul

Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this? Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK05 View Post
Those of you who have the Gerbing stuff how true do the hold to their sizes? Is a Medium a Medium or is it on the smaller size for jacket liners and such.
I think they are pretty accurate. Not sure if it was the gerbings or the revzilla site that had the measuring guidelines, but I used them to figure my size and it was dead on. I still was apprehensive so I went to a BMW dealer to try them on and the sizes that I figured would fit were correct.

rkc
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Counter Steer wants to know Dino or Syn?
My gerbing stuff was spot on including medium gloves. Jacket liner works well when snug. I lost some weight so I wear a light fleece over it. Being snug seems to let it heat evenly and I have it at a lower setting.
Jacket liner is an extra large, I where a 44 jacket, 38 waist.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
FNG :)

scott61610 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Most of the reason we went with the hd brand was that we could try it on to make sure of the fit (mail order makes me nervous on size sometimes)We went on a 60 mile ride last Sunday high in the low 40 s and my girlfriend was warm and comfortable,now I am thinking of getting a jacket liner for myself.
scott61610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have thought about going to a BMW store a trying some on since our local HD shops don't have them for some reason.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

DEZINER wants to know Dino or Syn?
Gerbing

I have had a Gerbing jacket for about 7 years. LOVE it. Last Christmas I received the Gerbing pant liners...... If I had to only have 1 article of heated clothing, it would be the pants. I ride from Phoenix to LA several times a month, year round, and crossing the desert at night it gets pretty brisk doing 85mph at night. I kind of figured the jacket would be the primary but I was wrong. Before you tell me that I'm crazy (I already know that), those of you that have the pants, try it.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

B1gfun wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the tourmaster heated vest and gloves. I wish i had bought an entire liner as it would be easier to plug the gloves into the sleeves. although i do like that i have separate controls on the gloves and jacket
B1gfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

d-loridr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK05 View Post
I have thought about going to a BMW store a trying some on since our local HD shops don't have them for some reason.
I'll scratch a peeve here....buy something from the BMW store that is so handy and graciously lets you try on stuff and leave. BUY something. Or they won't be there for your convenience much longer.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
No madder what brand you buy get one with long sleeves and the glove cord already run
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

B1gfun wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
No madder what brand you buy get one with long sleeves and the glove cord already run
I have buyer remorse due to not doing this!
B1gfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

93Horse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott61610 View Post
I am planning on getting my girlfriend a heated jacket liner and am wanting to know what brand is best and do they work well. Thanks!
Gerbing's... Top quality and outstanding guarantee. Next heated insoles than heated pants.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

SunCruise wants to know Dino or Syn?
I told the girl at local dealer I would be happy to purchase some heated gear if i could get 10% off ?? She checked and was told OK !! Soooo after tying one on...I bought the HD heated jacket liner and gloves and the DUAL thermostat controller. I couldn't be happier or warmer. As directed I only wear a thin long sleeve shirt underneath the liner. Last yr my coldest morning ride was -9* and -18* with the wind chill.
65mph on the interstate w/windshield and was toasty warm. Only a 45 min ride so the legs were just fine with long johns and jeans. This year I'm adding vented lower fairings
SC

'09 FLHRC 103/se204
SunCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

93Horse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just had Gerbings checkout my gear. Replaced sleeve heaters and everything is good to go,,, until I started to talk to a Gerbings rep and he was curious as to why my jacket was so large. I told him I purchased the jacket 6 years ago and yes I was 35 lbs heavier than.

Time to buy a new jacket that fits better and has the microwire ,, so I did, and yes vast improvement and fits as it should (closet o the body)

Time to sell the old one,,, size 50/36
Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Steelernation wants to know Dino or Syn?
I bought a Tourmaster for my better half dropped in the saddle bag and forgot about it. Got caught in some really cold weather. Ah remembered pulled it out showed her she put it on, said it's one of the best things I ever bought for riding. She was right I tried it and it worked great even though I couldn't zip it up all the way. 3 yrs and no issues. We ride all year long.
Steelernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

tenn.vol. wants to know Dino or Syn?
Please explain the vest and the liner, are these just a vest or a liner and
you have to add the jacket or coat over the vest/liner? tenn.vol.
tenn.vol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement