Handlebar advice : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

rickm wants to know Dino or Syn?
Handlebar advice

Guys I'm rideing a 12 Tri-Glide and I'm 5'6". So I have to lean alittle to much for the old back. I'm looking for some bars that will put me straighter in the seat, I have a back rest. I have looked at some but they turn the wrist in alot so they won't work. I need to come up and back and still have a relaxed wrist. Help I'm going nuts looking at web pages and trying to figure this out. Also being a batwing fairing what is the narrowest spread that will clamp on ok ? Thanks Rick
rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Motorhead

Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this? Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Go do a dealer who has a scooter on display that has the quick change seats and bars. IIRC its the "Fit Shop". And try some bars for size. See if you want the grips twisted back or the whole bar to pull back. In my experience, hand position is just as important as grip location. You might even find that the bars are fine, and just sitting a little further forward does the trick.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Rich67 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Try Wild 1's they have a bagger bar listed with there bagger ape section that come up a little and 2 inches closer to you.that I've read that guys like.
Rich67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

bcomes wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm 5-8and went with the Khromewerks +2 wide sweepers. I wish they were +3s? But i do like the angle on the grips. If you are shorter than me, I'd suggest you find something taller (or more pullback) than these +2 bars. As I recall my second choice was the wild 1s. Recommend going with the taller ones (maybe 577s) and tilt them back to get pullback instead of greater angle on the handgrips.
bcomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Still could use some help with this guys. Now I'm thinking wild chubbys 578's or something like them. HELP
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

dfrooney wants to know Dino or Syn?
wild1 bars are great quality, that's the only help I can offer. I'm 6'1" and have lanky long arms so I'm in a different boat than you.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

You tall guys really piss me off, you can walk into a store and buy pants that fit.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

djmiller wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good dealers have a demo bike inside that you can try handlebars, winshields and seats for fitment. Find one its the best way to figure out what works for you.

djmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

1Canuck wants to know Dino or Syn?
after two years the wild1 575 still fits the bill on the SG. 5'7" and sit upright, original fairing mirrors. did a lot of research and got lucky with the first pick I guess. The 578 looks good too, it is wider and taller, someone that has them can chime in, but it does not look like it pulls back as far as the 575.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks 1canuck I'll have to look at the numbers again.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Inspector 12 wants to know Dino or Syn?
You might look at the Klockwerks Ergo Back bars. Two inches up and two inches back might just help?

06 Street Bob, SE 120R, VH Propipe HO, SERT, 139.92 hp, 133.70 tq.
Inspector 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Neuropac wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here good thinks about wild one chubby's I just ordered the wo612 outlaw from wild one.
Neuropac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

Jonny_Cannon wants to know Dino or Syn?
May not be applicable to this thread, but here's my 2 cents and what I've learned. I've got a set of Yaffe Monkey Bars. They look awesome, internal wiring, the whole deal. I bought them direct from Yaffe. Their service was amazing and exceptional. You can even buy the correct extension kit from them for wiring, brake cables, etc.

Here is what I determined - if you are going higher, sit on bikes, measure up what you want (Yaffe can do custom - that's what I did. I went wider), etc. In the end, consider going 2" higher than what you were going to do. Most people I talk to said the same thing. I went with 12". Rode to California and back in 8 days (10,000 kms). Loved them, but would have gone with 14" or 16".

Cannon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	74778   Click image for larger version

Name:	two.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	74779  
Jonny_Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired TMCM(SS)

DoctorDee wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm 5'7" on an FXSTC. Installed 9 inch pull back risers and old style buckhorn bars which fit me great.
DoctorDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

mori55 wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you call wild 1s the owner will take care of you. I told him what iwas looking for with my bike and he told what ones to get. They fit perfect. Also ask for blems they may have a minor mark , there a lot cheaper. I couldn't even see the blems on mine.
Andrews 37g cam
Thundermax ecm and Auto Tune
Samson true dual fishtails.
Darkhorse crankwork
Baker DD 6
mori55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement