V-Twin Forum banner

Roadking fairing

36K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  skypilot_one 
#1 ·
I am looking for input on adding a fairing to my 01 Roadking. I currently have a Memphis Shades Fairing on the bike. I would like to add a radio as well. I have seen a few Roadkings with the full
e-glide fairing installed. Anyone ever done a conversion and is it worth the work/$$$, or should a guy just but an aftermarket faring with a spot for a radio and speakers?

#33 ·
Cool looking fairing, but I don't think that would do what I am looking for, up hear in the cooler New England area.

#34 · (Edited)
Kuryakyn has a fairing with a lockable storage compartment. Very Handy. The inner fairing has a nice clean look, and the speakers don't look like they belong on a space ship. It is not quick detachable, and is kind of heavy. I have always had a grudge against their stuff, because I assumed it was cheap crap made over seas, but I spoke to them and this part is made in the USA. Don't know about their other stuff. Didn't ask. I am going to give one more windshield a try, before I seriously consider a fairing. This time, it will be Klock Werks 16" Billboard Flare. Which ever way I go, I want to be looking over the windshield, not through it.

#35 ·
A lot of Harley parts are Kury parts...my VTX 1800 had every part they made for it...never had a problem with the chrome...Harley don't make most of their parts...

#36 · (Edited)
If you are handy and have the gumption to build your own you can do it with a stock inner and outer fairing...using a stock Road King windshield as a starting point. Think of bolting the inner and outer fairing on either side of the windshield. There was a considerable amount of cutting and fitting, but the end result gives it a pretty stock look. This is not for a novice, but it isn't rocket science either. I run an amp and speakers for my iPod from this set up.

#37 ·
Pumba11 that looks great...when the day comes when I have to trike my King I will try out a RoadGlide fairing...have most of the parts list...

#38 ·
I put a Wide Open Customs fairing on my 06 Roadking and absolutely loved it. The major thing I found interesting about it vs the others (aside from the price being excellent) was it is a 1 piece fairing and very lightweight. Houses 4 - 6.5" speakers and a radio with a caddy tray below the radio. Might want to check those out before you decide....

#39 ·
A few of my boys are running fairings on their road kings and none of them look quite right. Sure they are close and sure they have tunes now, but they just don't sit quite the same as a factory fairing does and none of them went throught the hassle of adding hand controls and such, so it's only a partial solution anyway.

If I had a roadking and wanted a fairing, I'd sell it and buy a bike that came with one from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.