2000 Ultra Classic : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

mduran wants to know Dino or Syn?
2000 Ultra Classic

Well... I am the FNG. I didnt join this fourm because i think you guys are groovy. I need answers !! LOL... I have a 2000 Ultra Classic. New to me. I bought it used thru a dealership ( not Harley ) I have a few things wrong with it. 1st. It was Popping when I let off the throttle. ( dealer took OFF the Big Shot ) had the local harley dealer "reprogram" the computer. Big runs good, but is not as loud as it was.. ?? Weird.. 2nd.. the trans grings from netural to 1st gear. They "adjusted" the clutch, but still grinds.. and 3rd, my intercom is not working right. Passenger can not talk to driver. Dealer says it the radio that is broken ?? any help would be nice. thanks guys.. and I think you are groovy.
mduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

flstcruss wants to know Dino or Syn?
welcome I also am relativly new. Seems to be a lot of nice people here. I can't adress all your problems. I will however say change the primary fluid I run Red Line primary fluid and can not begin to tell you how much of an improvment it made to the shifting for me.
Looks more like ATF than the thick motor oil dealer uses. Good luck with the other issues.
Russ
Old 07-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
welcome from another 2000 Touring rider. cant help you with the efi tuning as i did some surgery on mine and shitcanned it and went to a CV carb. I also agree change the primary fluid and go from there.
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

AtlasFBG2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
My bike made the grinding noise when i first bought it.The primary was overfilled and clutch needed adjustment.Does not grind anymore when shifting into first.
I would check the fluid level in the primary first.If it is correct then the clutch may need adjusting.Its easy to adjust.The dealer may not have adjusted it correctly.
AtlasFBG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduran View Post
Well... I am the FNG. I didnt join this fourm because i think you guys are groovy. I need answers !! LOL... I have a 2000 Ultra Classic. New to me. I bought it used thru a dealership ( not Harley ) I have a few things wrong with it. 1st. It was Popping when I let off the throttle. ( dealer took OFF the Big Shot ) had the local harley dealer "reprogram" the computer. Big runs good, but is not as loud as it was.. ?? Weird.. 2nd.. the trans grings from netural to 1st gear. They "adjusted" the clutch, but still grinds.. and 3rd, my intercom is not working right. Passenger can not talk to driver. Dealer says it the radio that is broken ?? any help would be nice. thanks guys.. and I think you are groovy.
Pull your radio and send it back to the factory. $125.00 will rebuild it to NEW spec;s. Look up the address on the net to ship it to.
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

LoneEagle964 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Pull your radio and send it back to the factory. $125.00 will rebuild it to NEW spec;s. Look up the address on the net to ship it to.
you can look here http://www.radiosound.com/about_us.php
they will be able to rebuild your stock radio .

LoneEagle
LoneEagle964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Y2K
IronButt

Y2K wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well looks like you've been covered on your questions,love my 2000 (carbed not EFI) and she's rolled over 170,000 miles so far,great bikes.
Y2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

RG50 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneEagle964 View Post
you can look here http://www.radiosound.com/about_us.php
they will be able to rebuild your stock radio .

LoneEagle
Checkout Iron Cross Audio,they will do more than a refurb and add outputs if requested.

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

Last edited by RG50; 08-03-2012 at 06:09 PM.
RG50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

toolman44092 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a 2000 Ultra Classic EFI, and I have a couple of the same issues. I get a lot of popping went off of the throttle at higher RPMs. I have some motor mods and slip-ons, so that's probably a factor. I'm having my high-flow injectors replaced with factory injectors because it's running rich. That may help the popping issue too although I don't really mind it.

I have a very similar intercom issue. I assumed it was just wiring or connectors gone bad over 12 years. We wear half helmets, so we don't use the intercom anyway. I have a brand new set of HD intercoms for full or 3/4 helmets I bought that I don't use once I figured out the intercom system wasn't working correctly. We have a set of full-face helmets we had planned to use the set with. I may be selling them here shortly (sorry to get off on the hijack tangent).

Let me know what you do with your radio. I'm interested to see if it's the radio or wiring/connectors.
toolman44092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

hardv2kill wants to know Dino or Syn?
I didnt know our Magneti Marelli computer could be altered by HD shop? I added a Cobra California EPA non adjustable tuner to help my decelerating back fire. It helped a good bit but I regret not spending a little more and geting a Air/fuel guage and a better tuner.
hardv2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

05ChromeUltra wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
Well looks like you've been covered on your questions,love my 2000 (carbed not EFI) and she's rolled over 170,000 miles so far,great bikes.
Any more pics of your Ultra, just curious how they look after 170k miles... How has maintenance been, oil and tires..??
05ChromeUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement