Dyno sheet/103 FLTRx Stage IV : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

petew wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dyno sheet/103 FLTRx Stage IV

I have completed the break in on my stage IV 103 upgrade. I bought this bike new last Aug., so a little less than 11 months, and have 16,400 miles. Stock was cool, plenty of power compared to other stock bikes I have owned.
I have done what alot of others do, pipes, tuner, intake, and eventually 255's for cams. It was good and fast w/ tons of bottom end... But if some is good, more is better???
Next came the stage IV kit and a break in... Then a final tune on the dyno and vola she runs strong!!!
117hp/ 110tq and it is as good as any bagger I have had the pleasure to drive@@
2011 FLTRX 103" Stage IV, HoleShot Choppers LED Lighting, SE 259E Cams, SE Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather AC, SE CNC heads, SE 58MM Throttlebody, Vance&Hines Power Duals, and V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons, Renegade Racine Contrast Cut 21x3.5 17x6.25/ Avon 120/70x21" Avon 200/55x17" Dyno Tuned by HDHD 117HP 111TQ

Last edited by petew; 07-10-2012 at 06:53 AM.
petew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ucbruce wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm doing the same exact setup on my 2011 FLHTK next week except for Rush Slipon's. I'm surprised at your numbers because usually the TQ numbers are higher than the HP numbers, but either way very good!

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
Yellow Band High Flow Injectors
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
ucbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

RKC-Charlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
117, great hp number.
It's fun to print that data sheet. You can carry it around and show it to everyone, be they intertested or not.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

plongson wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ya, the numbers seem backwards. Did you get them reversed by chance? Usually when the HP is > than TQ, the motor is designed to be a "Rev'r" and not a "stump-puller"...Personally I prefer TQ...just say'n.

plongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Neuropac wants to know Dino or Syn?
How does it feel I am thinking about making some upgrades this winter, currently with a stage one sepro tuner thunder header 2/1 and heavy breather. Is this a midrange top end setup more than low end torque? I ride two up a lot and in the mountains but I also do some hwy cruising on interstate. Thank neuropac
Neuropac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuropac View Post
How does it feel I am thinking about making some upgrades this winter, currently with a stage one sepro tuner thunder header 2/1 and heavy breather. Is this a midrange top end setup more than low end torque? I ride two up a lot and in the mountains but I also do some hwy cruising on interstate. Thank neuropac
this is a stage IV dealer build with a thunder header
tuned with sepst

SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

bcomes wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuropac View Post
........Is this a midrange top end setup more than low end torque?
Carefully selecting the cam will give you the best foundation for building a high TQ motor versus a high HP motor. This S&S website shows three examples.

http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=10

Unless you're into racing, I'd suggest building a TQ motor for a heavy bagger that you want to ride two up.
bcomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brett Rahn wants to know Dino or Syn?
103 stage 4

Ya, the numbers seem backwards. Did you get them reversed by chance? Usually when the HP is > than TQ, the motor is designed to be a "Rev'r" and not a "stump-puller"...Personally I prefer TQ...just say'n.
NO His numbers are on point I have an 09 SG with the older 103 stage 4 it came with bigger valve heards and the 260 cam, I made 119hp 112 tq so he is on the money, I just installed the 263 cam, and different exhaust, waiting to see how that works,
but that motor pulls great from 1500 to 6250, they are fun to ride
Good luck Brett
Brett Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

clayslayer wants to know Dino or Syn?
Torque and Horsepower always cross at 5250 RPM. Look at any dyno chart on earth and the little "x" that the hp line and torque line makes is always at the same RPM.

If his HP figure is larger than his torque figure it means his bike is still pulling like a freight train beyond 5500 RPM.

Some of you may consider this a "rev" happy build and prefer torque builds...rest assured, this guys bike makes torque. I have a "torque" build and his bike makes more power and torque than mine at every spot on the dyno chart.

2007 CBR600RR. Ohlins FGK forks and TTX36 shock, Zero Gravity DB windscreen, Woodcraft case covers, Vortex sliders and spools, Michelin PP2CT tires, Spongebob keychain. Does not leak oil. (sold...miss it dearly)

2008 Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT. Bone stock. More fun than what ought to be legal.
clayslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ironbutt

MilesToGo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sounds like an awesome build. Now post some pics of you doing a wheelie
2003 Heritage Softail Classic
- 95ci, stage III heads, RB LSR exhaust, S&S 510 cams, 100hp 102tq
MilesToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Tnford27 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
I have completed the break in on my stage IV 103 upgrade. I bought this bike new last Aug., so a little less than 11 months, and have 16,400 miles. Stock was cool, plenty of power compared to other stock bikes I have owned.
I have done what alot of others do, pipes, tuner, intake, and eventually 255's for cams. It was good and fast w/ tons of bottom end... But if some is good, more is better???
Next came the stage IV kit and a break in... Then a final tune on the dyno and vola she runs strong!!!
117hp/ 110tq and it is as good as any bagger I have had the pleasure to drive@@
Nice build man, I bet it's a blast to ride. How many scoots did this build set you back?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
FNG :)

tj316 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I did Cycle Rama 575 cams , Zippers max flo air cleaner , Bassani Road Rage II B-4 pipes , Baisley's Super Stock port which is a very mild port job , TTS Mastertuner tuned by Doc's Performance Tuning , my curve is strong and she runs great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLTRX dyno3-3.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	74645  
2011 FLTRX 103 , Baisley Heads , T Man 600 cams , TTS Master Tuner , Drago 2-1 pipe , Hawg Wired amp/speakers , Dakota Digital Gauges , JRi Shocks/Progressive monotubes , Lyndall Rotors , BR Handlebars ,Jagg fan assited oil cooler and so much more
tj316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Tonymontanna198 wants to know Dino or Syn?
So how much $$ are we talking about?
Tonymontanna198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ucbruce wants to know Dino or Syn?
My 103 Stage IV is complete except for the installation of the SE Heavy Breather which should be in 11/14/12. I started the bike today and it blew my mind. It is so loud and the floor seemed to shake from the power. The V&H Power Duals were the way to go for me (Rush slip-ons) and the map from the SEPST seems to work perfectly for this setup. Hope to take my first ride this week. I will Dyno the bike to fine tune and see the actual numbers, but I have a question. The map seems to be working well but winter is setting in and I do much more riding in the summer. Should I wait till the Spring to Dyno, when the temps are warmer and humidity is higher, or should I do it now? Will I get a different tune with lower temps and humidity?

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
Yellow Band High Flow Injectors
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
ucbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Enjoying a great Ride.

jeffsglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice TQ curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj316 View Post
I did Cycle Rama 575 cams , Zippers max flo air cleaner , Bassani Road Rage II B-4 pipes , Baisley's Super Stock port which is a very mild port job , TTS Mastertuner tuned by Doc's Performance Tuning , my curve is strong and she runs great
That is a nice TQ curve it must be a blast to ride, and knowing Doc very smooth.
jeffsglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement