Dyno sheet/103 FLTRx Stage IV - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

tj316 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsglide View Post
That is a nice TQ curve it must be a blast to ride, and knowing Doc very smooth.
yes it is smooth , Doc knows his stuff , I never seen anyone as particular as him when tuning a motor
2011 FLTRX 103 , Baisley Heads , T Man 600 cams , TTS Master Tuner , Drago 2-1 pipe , Hawg Wired amp/speakers , Dakota Digital Gauges , Ohlins #6 shocks & 30mm fork cartridges , Lyndall Rotors , BR Handlebars ,Jagg fan assited oil cooler and so much more
tj316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

sportcruiser wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sounds like fun.

I have kept all of my Harley's fairly stock. When you build the motor like this, how is general ride-ability? I would think more engine heat? Have you still got a bike you can reliably ride across the country?
sportcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

blue flht wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcruiser View Post
Sounds like fun.

I have kept all of my Harley's fairly stock. When you build the motor like this, how is general ride-ability? I would think more engine heat? Have you still got a bike you can reliably ride across the country?
When done right just as good as stock, most of my rides are 200 to 300 miles a day.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbruce View Post
My 103 Stage IV is complete except for the installation of the SE Heavy Breather which should be in 11/14/12. I started the bike today and it blew my mind. It is so loud and the floor seemed to shake from the power. The V&H Power Duals were the way to go for me (Rush slip-ons) and the map from the SEPST seems to work perfectly for this setup. Hope to take my first ride this week. I will Dyno the bike to fine tune and see the actual numbers, but I have a question. The map seems to be working well but winter is setting in and I do much more riding in the summer. Should I wait till the Spring to Dyno, when the temps are warmer and humidity is higher, or should I do it now? Will I get a different tune with lower temps and humidity?

Get her tuned now.
Without getting into tuning 101. Your bike makes changes as the barometric pressure changes , and the system senses /detects a change in baro.
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

petew wants to know Dino or Syn?
[QUOTE=clayslayer;2191405]Torque and Horsepower always cross at 5250 RPM. Look at any dyno chart on earth and the little "x" that the hp line and torque line makes is always at the same RPM.

If his HP figure is larger than his torque figure it means his bike is still pulling like a freight train beyond 5500 RPM.

Some of you may consider this a "rev" happy build and prefer torque builds...rest assured, this guys bike makes torque. I have a "torque" build and his bike makes more power and torque than mine at every spot on the dyno chart.[/QUOTE

Exactly! And it is no mistake, it has more hp than tq in terms of numbers. The shift points have moved to the right, no question, if I am trying to go as fast as possible. But it still has 100+tq from 3k-6k and my redline is 6500 and it is pulling like a locomotive till the motor starts to cut out due to the set 6500 rpm limit.
A little less bottom end than the SE 255's at the 2k- 3k range, but the hp is way stronger at 92/109 and the SE 259's at 117/111. All the hp happens past the 5k range and it really does pull harder and harder till it says shift me I'm at 6500!!!! God does it feel good!
2011 FLTRX 103" Stage IV, HoleShot Choppers LED Lighting, SE 259E Cams, SE Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather AC, SE CNC heads, SE 58MM Throttlebody, Vance&Hines Power Duals, and V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons, Renegade Racine Contrast Cut 21x3.5 17x6.25/ Avon 120/70x21" Avon 200/55x17" Dyno Tuned by HDHD 117HP 111TQ
petew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

tj316 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcruiser View Post
Sounds like fun.

when done right it is as reliable as stock , the heat is way less than stock too and the ride-ability is greatly improved , most of us are not building sport bike wheelie monster motors but building them so when running down the highway at 60mph and you go to pass you can just roll the throttle on without down shifting and instantly you are running 95mph , these motors are so restricted from the factory I actually think they are safer to ride after you modify the motor a little and make them run like they should to begin with
2011 FLTRX 103 , Baisley Heads , T Man 600 cams , TTS Master Tuner , Drago 2-1 pipe , Hawg Wired amp/speakers , Dakota Digital Gauges , Ohlins #6 shocks & 30mm fork cartridges , Lyndall Rotors , BR Handlebars ,Jagg fan assited oil cooler and so much more
tj316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

HighLiner wants to know Dino or Syn?
Pretty good numbers. I only did the stage 3 and got 99hp/102tq with true duals.
HighLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ucbruce wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
I have completed the break in on my stage IV 103 upgrade. I bought this bike new last Aug., so a little less than 11 months, and have 16,400 miles. Stock was cool, plenty of power compared to other stock bikes I have owned.
I have done what alot of others do, pipes, tuner, intake, and eventually 255's for cams. It was good and fast w/ tons of bottom end... But if some is good, more is better???
Next came the stage IV kit and a break in... Then a final tune on the dyno and vola she runs strong!!!
117hp/ 110tq and it is as good as any bagger I have had the pleasure to drive@@
Picked up my bike today and it runs great. Just keeps pulling and pulling. I have not made a Dyno run yet but expect numbers similar to your's. Again the only thing that confuses me is you getting more HP than TQ. I will post numbers when I have them.

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
Yellow Band High Flow Injectors
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
ucbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
Get her tuned now.
Without getting into tuning 101. Your bike makes changes as the barometric pressure changes , and the system senses /detects a change in baro.
Thanks, same thing my wrench said today when I picked it up. The ECM will adjust automatically so no need to wait. Bike runs great, just seating the rings now so not really going nuts, but it is fast and just keeps pulling. Can't wait to see the actual numbers.

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

petew wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbruce View Post
Thanks, same thing my wrench said today when I picked it up. The ECM will adjust automatically so no need to wait. Bike runs great, just seating the rings now so not really going nuts, but it is fast and just keeps pulling. Can't wait to see the actual numbers.
Sweet! That is a noticeable difference from before, huh Bruce!!
In regard to the hp being a bigger number than the tq, my stage IV was a race only kit and not the street kit that is being sold as a package that with the right parts can be 50 state legal. I don't know what the differences are, but my kit said not for street use. What I do know is that out of 11 103" kits installed, mine was the only one that they got that was not for street use. Mine was the only one with hp being over 110hp, and tq was similar in all of them at the 110 range (107-114). And I ride with 2 of those stageIV 103" motors, and we all agree that my bike is considerably faster and it winds out faster as well. We all had 103" motors before hand, and added the exhaust and intake of our choices. I couldn't find the kit they used, back ordered for a month or more, then we found this race only kit through High Desert HD, it was at another dealership, and was a kit they use on their race bikes for drag racing. Draggin' Baggers too cool!
Next time I'm out at HDHD I will get another copy of my dyno tuning sheet as well as the part number for the kit. It also had a lock up clutch with it when it got here, not HD number on it...
2011 FLTRX 103" Stage IV, HoleShot Choppers LED Lighting, SE 259E Cams, SE Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather AC, SE CNC heads, SE 58MM Throttlebody, Vance&Hines Power Duals, and V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons, Renegade Racine Contrast Cut 21x3.5 17x6.25/ Avon 120/70x21" Avon 200/55x17" Dyno Tuned by HDHD 117HP 111TQ
petew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Still haven't dyno'ed yet but when I went through the gears the other day I looked down and I was doing 110 MPH and I was still in 5th gear! The difference is unbelieveable and the bike is a blast to ride. Pulls strong through all the gears but especially over 2500-3000. Like others I find myself shifting at much higher RPM's than I used to. Makes it run like it was SUPPOSED to run. I only lost about 2-4 MPG too. If you're going to spend $25,000 on a bagger, why not spend another $4000 and get twice the performance? This kit on a 103 Dyna would be truly sick!

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

120 MPH, 5th gear, 5500 RPM and still pulling. Redline is now 6500-6600 RPM.

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement