Vance & Hines Hi-Output mufflers : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

WJL24 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Vance & Hines Hi-Output mufflers

I heard these mufflers on a new CVO last week. Real deep tone. Can I put these on a 103 with just stage 1 mods? I've heard conflicting information on these mufflers affecting low end performance. I like the sound but not willing to lose torque. My second choice would be Rinehart 4".
I have the Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipe and fuel moto air cleaner and pwer vision tuner.
WJL24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

harley2006 wants to know Dino or Syn?
My first choice were the Rinehart 4".After hearing them and other pipes at the dealer I went with the Vance and Hines dresser duals, monster rounds, TTS race tuner and Stage 1.
Sounds excellent and bumped up the power a little, about 10-15 fbs of torque and 10 hp. The V&H have more of a deep rumble and louder than the Rineharts. You will have to tune it to get the most out of it and for it to run properly. 2012 Street Glide-103"

Last edited by harley2006; 05-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.
harley2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Dyna John wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the V&H dresser duals with the Hi-Output slip ons. Also stage 1. No loss in the low end. 2011 Street Glide 103.

Last edited by Dyna John; 05-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Dyna John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

96er wants to know Dino or Syn?
v/h

I have the monster ovals on mine and I can't say I notice any low end torque loss. I would contact V&H up and ask them what they would work for you.
96er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

HDMoneyPit wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the V&H big shot duels,with a few other goodies, loud, a little tinny sound at idle, i cant tell if i lost or gained any torque just because of the duels, i dont race it and a couple pounds here or there isnt going to make any differance.
HDMoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brett Rahn wants to know Dino or Syn?
V@H mufflers

I have had the Monster ovals= and they are mellow sound did a great job on the TQ and worked well on 103 stage 2 with 255 cam,
CFR racing mufflers= horrible stumble and loss of TQ and power, never got off the Dyno
V@H power dual head pipe with Monster ovals= better power and tq still mild rumble
V@H High output mufflers with power dual= also did the 103 stage 4 with this set up, first tuned with stock head pipe and monster ovals then high outputs, HO made more power and TQ across the board Next change head pipe to power dual and 7 hp more on first pull, then changed to high outputs and 3 more HP
so they work very well on bigger motor or should i say bigger heads and cams etc.
My friend did a SE 110 Road glide and used the Monster rounds, just a little smaller baffle but look the same he has Power duals and 259 cam set up and it works very well, I spoke with Joe from V@H at length about this and he said HO mufflers for bigger engines with big cam etc, monster rounds more for what you have
By the way they sound the same, so I would use monster rounds on your set up
Brett Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

SJ-Jim wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just installed the Rinehart 4" on my '12 Road Glide. No mods needed according to Rinehart. I like the tone, not as loud as my 3's on my older Road King, but certainly a much louder, deeper sound than the stock pipes....
SJ-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

HDTC882000 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I got a V+H Pro Pipe High Output 2-1 set up, the bigger pipe did rob my low end tq just a bit but certainly made it up in HP on a built 95 that you see in my sig. I still have that pipe on for the 120R and it seems to do quite well with the larger displacement motor. I cant tell you about just the mufflers. BUT the ones with the complete 2-1 pro pipe system, then most definatly that set up does rob power on the lower end on smaller motors. Its just too big for anything less than a built 103.

NOW IT'S A 120R

V&H Pro Pipe HO
Barnett Scorpion Clutch
HPI 58mm TB
5.3 gps FI
SERT, Tuned by Big Boyz

Seacoast HD Dyno #'s

133 hp
127 ft lbs tq

HDTC882000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

markmgm wants to know Dino or Syn?
I like the monster rounds
baffles stock
Start & Drive away, baffles have no packing on them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2gxD...ature=youtu.be

baffles with no packing around them idle
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.