Hogtunes setup on Street Glide : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

oldog97 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hogtunes setup on Street Glide

So, after lots of research, still not sure! I currently have the hogtunes 2 ohm speakers in my fairing on my 2010, so I'm considering sticking with hogtunes for an amp,(70.2 2channel) & their tweeter pod. I'm looking for opinions from people who have this setup. Happy with it? Disappointed? I don't have the cash to start replacing the saddlebag lids & sticking more speakers in there.
???????????
oldog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
FNG :)

capage58 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a similar setup on my Limited, Hogtune speakers, 160w amp and tweeter pod. Installed about two weeks ago and I am happy with the sound, wife is too.
capage58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
WFO

mtrhead269 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Depends on your budget $300 to spend or $3000. for the money the Hogtunes speakers and 70 amp do a decent job.

If you don't like the stock deck you can upgrade the Deck to a Kenwood or Sony for short money. By a Biketronics or ARc amo and some good speakers and you will really notice the difference.

Hertz focal and Polk all make nice speakers that survive in an motorcycle enviromement
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

oldog97 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrhead269 View Post
Depends on your budget $300 to spend or $3000. for the money the Hogtunes speakers and 70 amp do a decent job.

If you don't like the stock deck you can upgrade the Deck to a Kenwood or Sony for short money. By a Biketronics or ARc amo and some good speakers and you will really notice the difference.

Hertz focal and Polk all make nice speakers that survive in an motorcycle enviromement
What's your take on the arc audio mpak 6 kit? Sublime hooked me up with a fantastic price on this kit. It's a little more than Hogtunes, but, I don't want to do this twice.
oldog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
WFO

I saw that package. Never installed it as a kit but have used most of the components. Looks like a good setup. What dek r u using I've never been a fan of the HK radio
Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Krayven Sumhead wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've had that setup on my '03 Ultra for 3 seasons, now.

Still doesn't get loud enough at e-way speeds with 2-1 DD FatCats.
Krayven Sumhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Harley Boy wants to know Dino or Syn?
I recently installed the new 2 channel HogTunes amp 80 watts to boost my Rokker 7.25 speakers on an 09 SG. I blow away every radio out there. I found th Rokkers for $200 and the Hog tunes amp was $299. I cant even listen to it turned all the way up going 70 mph and I have very loud pipes. I have to find the exact model of amp, becasue the rep was in the dealer saying they just came out.

http://www.hogtunes.com/products/amp...s/nca70.2.html

Last edited by Harley Boy; 05-29-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Harley Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

coolage wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am running 5 1/4" Hogtunes in the top fairing with the Hogtunes tweeters and 5 1/4" in my lower fairing. Then I used their 40.4 amp. WOW. I ran interstate at 85 mph Sunday with Vance and Hines 4" turndowns with earplugs and this thing rocks. I use earplugs to stop some of the wind vibration. I ran the volume about half way on the HK radio and it was so loud that I Turned it down a little. Well worth the money. I was running a 24.2 Hogtunes amp before on just the upper faring speakers and it did well but not like the set up now.

Last edited by coolage; 05-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.
coolage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

mattztattz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just installed the Hogtunes 140 watt amp tonight. Very happy! I've had the hogtunes speakers w/o the amp for a few years now, but it sounded like crap when I turned it up. The amp made a world of a difference. The instructions were easy to follow and overall it's a pretty simple install.
mattztattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

hdbagger23 wants to know Dino or Syn?
don't know about hog tunes but biketronics has a life time warranty.
hdbagger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

skypop wants to know Dino or Syn?
Which Sony would be a good step up from the HK unit? I use my iPod all the time, also do I need anything special to put the Sony where the HK unit is? Thanks.
skypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
WFO

The Sony s-100 has not cd player the iPod mounts behind the faceplate. Pretty cost effective and durable. Unit is less than 150 can get anywhere and then get mounting kit from Biketronics
Old 11-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

dragrsm wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdbagger23 View Post
don't know about hog tunes but biketronics has a life time warranty.
Hogtunes has a 20 year warranty. That's as good as lifetime for me.
dragrsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

oiler1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog97 View Post
So, after lots of research, still not sure! I currently have the hogtunes 2 ohm speakers in my fairing on my 2010, so I'm considering sticking with hogtunes for an amp,(70.2 2channel) & their tweeter pod. I'm looking for opinions from people who have this setup. Happy with it? Disappointed? I don't have the cash to start replacing the saddlebag lids & sticking more speakers in there.
???????????
I have the Hogtunes speakers and the Hogtunes Tweeter Pod on my 09 SG - No amp. I would try this set up first without the amp as you can crank the volume up to max without any distortion. The tweeter pod makes a big difference. You can always add the amp later but I bet you won't want too.
oiler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Premium Member

09OrangeRDGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Basically it comes down to how much money you want to spend. I have a Rockford Fosgate 6 speaker/2 Amp system on my Road Glide and it rocks at all speeds. I have replaced several Hogtunes systems for buddies who were not happy with the volume output. Rockford makes a 300X2 amp, combined with their 6.5 speakers makes a great set up for street glides for a little over $400.00.
09OrangeRDGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement