Anyone running the Andrews 57H : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

bglidin wants to know Dino or Syn?
Anyone running the Andrews 57H

I have heard nothing in awhile about this cam it was the talk of the town. I have a Limited ready for a cam and was eyeing the 57H. Did anyone ever post any results?
BGLIDIN
bglidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

acbacb wants to know where he is and how he got here
Saw a dyno sheet on another forum (HTT) of the 57 in a 110. Nice numbers for a straight up bolt in cam. They are on backorder until June per Gary Wallace of Andrews Products Tech Support via an email inquiry.

I will do my build this coming winter so I should get a hold of one by then. I think I'm just going do a true bolt-in cam (57H), stay at 103 & no headwork. I'm just looking for a little more oomph and a lot less heat. This will save lots o' dollars and I will be happy with the results.

"If it has tires or ti+s, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble."

2012 FLHX Street Glide in Big Blue Pearl

Bone Stock (for now)

acbacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

I will wait to see some feedback before doing anything , but this looks like it would hit hard out of the hole and pull to mid 5k range . We will see.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

bigbadal wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a '94 evo that I will be putting the 57 cam into very soon. I don't have any experience with the twin cams and their clearances for valves, springs and valve stem seals, but for the evo, I was informed that the valve guides needed to be moved down so the seals would not be smashed by the spring collars. Also, the Andrews cam spec sheets say to use larger springs (theirs, of course) and high lift collars. I'm wondering if the 57 for the tc has the same specs as for the evo. I know I'm talking two different engines here, but just some thoughts to throw out.

BTW, the mechanic that always helps me says that the 57, in his opinion, is the best cam for the heavy bikes. He has been trying to talk me into this cam for two years, and we finally located one on the shelf at Andrews. They don't make them anymore for the evos, the 59 has replaced the 57.

Hope the 57's work good in your limited.
bigbadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

markmgm wants to know Dino or Syn?
subscribed
Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Barney Biker wants to know Dino or Syn?
The Andrews 57 just came out.
Didn't know they made them for an evo engine.

Barney
Barney Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

cardboard wants to know Dino or Syn?
It was to my understanding it was for stroker motors........

2011 Ultra Limited

cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

57h

Yes 103 and 110. Still looking for dyno sheets in 103 motor just like our Limited 103. Nice bike by the way.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

acbacb wants to know where he is and how he got here
I got my 57 in and will do the build in October. Will post the sheet then.

"If it has tires or ti+s, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble."

2012 FLHX Street Glide in Big Blue Pearl

Bone Stock (for now)

acbacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
FNG :)

doug7x wants to know Dino or Syn?
Gary from Andrews also recommended the 57h for my '08 96" DWG. Now, I know that I'm quite a bit lighter than the baggers...I'm a little confused....the same cam for a 96" Dyna AND the heavier 103" baggers? Your thoughts, please..
doug7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
The EV57 was a cam for EVO engines, typically used for those bored to 88ci+. It was a hi-lift cam and required springs and collars to be upgraded.

The 57H is a new cam set for Twinkies, 96,103 and 110. It has the same .560 lift which works with stock springs in the TC where anything over .510 was considered "hi-lift" for an EVO.

It looks like if you're keeping stock cr, the 48H will probably give better low end torque (out of the gate). 57H comes on a little later than the 48H but the overall specs are very similar. These cams both work in 2007-current Dynas. These are both chain drive cams.

Be wary of someone selling one cam as "the best for XXX engine". The key is to match the cam to the rest of the build. Compression ratio is probably the most important thing to match correctly as well as considering your riding style.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

cardboard wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug7x View Post
Gary from Andrews also recommended the 57h for my '08 96" DWG. Now, I know that I'm quite a bit lighter than the baggers...I'm a little confused....the same cam for a 96" Dyna AND the heavier 103" baggers? Your thoughts, please..
If you talk to Bob Woods or my HD dealer they are gonna tell you go to with the Woods 555 cam.

2011 Ultra Limited

cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Neuropac wants to know Dino or Syn?
Any dyno numbers on the Andrews 57h in a 103 tc
Neuropac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

clayslayer wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'd be curious to see a dyno sheet on the 57 would look like. Looks like it's 2* earlier than my TW-555 cams and has .005" more lift. I'd bet a handful of pocket lint that two identical bikes with TW-555 and TW57 cams would be impossible to tell apart.

That being said I'll have to recommend the Woods TW-555 cam cause that's what I have and I need to justify the extra money I spent on it. (FTR I'm pleased as punch with it...)

2007 CBR600RR. Ohlins FGK forks and TTX36 shock, Zero Gravity DB windscreen, Woodcraft case covers, Vortex sliders and spools, Michelin PP2CT tires, Spongebob keychain. Does not leak oil. (sold...miss it dearly)

2008 Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT. Bone stock. More fun than what ought to be legal.
clayslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Doing acbacb Alan's bike now with the 57.
Power duals and crusher mellows.
Should be strong. It was strong with a little tweaking "bone stock"
77 hp 98 tq
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement