Handlebar Mounted Speakers : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Handlebar Mounted Speakers

Has anyone had any luck or experience with these? I was thinking about putting a pair of powered speakers mounted on my bars, behind my small Bob Dron/Ness Road King fairing. J&M makes some but they look HUGE and they're kinda pricey, for $550 i'd put that towards a Dragonfly fairing and have REAL speakers. I was looking for something with the ability to hook up my iPhone to play some tunes on long rides. Any suggestions?
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
In my opinion they don't sound that good, not for the money, the ones sold by HD not any better, my 2012 SG sounds better and to be honest is nothing to right home about.JMO

Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

I was at my local dealer a lil while ago and they had a H-D Boom Audio set-up that sounded pretty good hooked up to my iPhone... just the low low price of $399
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Texasrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have you checked out Pyle Audio. I was just on their website. Don't how good they would be but they have some decent prices. They have the amplified handlebar setups for motorcycles and all. Some of the kits are pretty reasonable, but you may get what you pay. Just thought I would mention them.
Texasrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasrider View Post
Have you checked out Pyle Audio. I was just on their website. Don't how good they would be but they have some decent prices. They have the amplified handlebar setups for motorcycles and all. Some of the kits are pretty reasonable, but you may get what you pay. Just thought I would mention them.
Thanks...

I looked on Amazon anyway, quite a lot of differing reviews, some pretty bad. They are quite inexpensive. The HD boom one looked engineered well, and sounded good playing thru my phone. Granted , no exhaust or wind noise, but it was pretty damn loud.

I looked at both Lake Shore HD and Surdyke HD for #76262-08 Boom Audio system:

Add tunes to your ride. These Boom!™ Audio Cruiser Amp and Speaker Kits provide amplified music through two great sounding 3.5 speakers. Available in chrome or black finish, the individual speaker pods clamp to either a 1 or 1-1/4 handlebar and can be adjusted to direct the sound toward the rider. The waterproof speaker elements are protected behind stylish black and chrome grills that are finished with a centermounted Bar & Shield medallion. The compact two-channel stereo amplifier mounts out of the way on the frame down tubes, and the 1/8 (3.5mm) stereo auxiliary input connects to most portable audio players, some of which can be easily housed in a convenient Boom!™ Audio Tank Pouch. The integrated hand control features volume up/down buttons and a backlit on/off button, and is designed for easy operation with your right thumb, even while wearing gloves. Complete kit includes all wiring and mounting hardware.

Retails for $399.95 $319.96 discounted price...no sales tax just shipping.
Thats not bad for what i heard....
Tim

Last edited by 1bdBagr; 02-04-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

jstevens2005 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've got the Boom audio on my bike and i do recommend them. I went through the same questions and research that you did.
jstevens2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

I was mentioning this system to my GF and thought it would be a nice addition in the future, wellllll, on Valentines day she surprised me with a big HD bag with a Boom audio cruiser set up. did a quick mock up to see if it would work with my Ness/Dron fairing and it works b!tchen. haven't rode bike yet (real soon), i'm still finishing up stuff.

just a teaser, as its going back together...i hope to put it up for ROTM when its done soon.

Tim

Old 02-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Harley Boy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Can you show us a pic of the whole bike with the fairing? Looks sweet!
Harley Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

dont have a ton of pics...one of my ugly mug next to a VW bus that was shorter than my bike...lol

Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement