What to do to My 07 Street Glide : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

milan64 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking What to do to My 07 Street Glide

Fellow Street Glider's - I am in need of some advise.
Here is what I currently have 2007 Street Glide with Rinehart true duels, SE breather kit, Power Commander III.

1. I cant find is the right map for the PCIII for this setup.
2. The bike runs really sweet but I would like to do more.

What I am thinking about is this:

Advise on a 103 SE kit with or without heads (not sure which heads are the best anyway).
Advise on what are the best heads to put on the bike SE etc.
Advice on - I stand 6 1" and the standard seat is a pain - so I an thinking of a single HD Brawler seat.
Advise on 15" apes - Do they affect handling? I like the 15 Z bars but I am not sure if they will work for me.

Like all of you I am tired of spending money to find out that it was a waist of time, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Milan - Canberra Australia.
milan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

MountainMan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan64 View Post
Here is what I currently have 2007 Street Glide with Rinehart true duels, SE breather kit, Power Commander III.

Advise on a 103 SE kit with or without heads (not sure which heads are the best anyway).
Advice on - I stand 6 1" and the standard seat is a pain - so I an thinking of a single HD Brawler seat.
Advise on 15" apes - Do they affect handling? I like the 15” Z bars but I am not sure if they will work for me.

Like all of you I am tired of spending money to find out that it was a waist of time, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hey there!

Basically you need to find a good builder and tuner and send your heads and jugs out for upgrades. Don't just bore the cylinders without doing any head work, do both at the same time. The Harley 103 or 110 kits will not give you nearly as much bang for your buck.

So basically what I'm saying is, don't waste your money on cylinders and heads from H-D, have a good and reputable builder upgrade what you have.

Good luck
MM

Last edited by MountainMan; 10-11-2010 at 09:49 AM.
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

sublime is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

Advise on 15" apes - Do they affect handling? I like the 15 Z bars but I am not sure if they will work for me.

Cheers
I would call up Axtell, get an order in for their 107" kit, send them your cylinders / heads and they will exchange them for 107" bored cylinders and street prepped heads. I'd pair that with whatever cam they recommend for your bagger, perhaps the Woods 555 or the Andrews 54. Then I'd get an SEST or TTS and have it broke in on the dyno with a competent tuner at the helm.

I'd upgrade the clutch using an AIM VPC as well.
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

iclick wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime View Post
Then I'd get an SEST or TTS and have it broke in on the dyno with a competent tuner at the helm.
There are several excellent tuners on the market, among them the PCIII, PCV, TTS, and SEST. But if you already have one of these installed it makes little sense to buy another when all you need to do is perform a dyno tune. All the OP requires is a dyno-tune and a human tuner competent with PC's, or a good canned map for his bike, not another tuning device.

iclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

torqueinc wants to know Dino or Syn?
http://www.bulletcylinderheads.com.a...eydavidson.php

Someone with a head program in aus......from what ive heard about them they do good work.

If coming apart do the 107 and bump the compression up a bit and the andrews 54 would be a good bet.
torqueinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

SparkyVBVMC wants to know Dino or Syn?
Did 15" Apes. Love em. Handle great, look cool, and are real comfortable. I am 6'3" and ride a Danny Gray Big Seat.
07 FLHX
103", Heads, Pistons, SE255 Cams, Heavy Breather Air Cleaner, Chrome Everywhere, Reinhart TDs, Custom Paint

And YES, CONSERVATIVE
SparkyVBVMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Talking What to do to my )& SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyVBVMC View Post
Did 15" Apes. Love em. Handle great, look cool, and are real comfortable. I am 6'3" and ride a Danny Gray Big Seat.
Hey Sparky,

Love what you have done with you bike nice work, if I can ask a few questions; because I am in Australia it is hard to get some people to send parts down under, can you please advise where you got the bars from (what are they called) and did they supply the extended lines? if not can you advise what lengh the lines are so if I get a set of bars I can get the right lengh cables.

I have had a few issues with wind in the face a cruising speed, I recently bought a Brawler seat and Klock Werks 6.5 Screen and I am waiting for them to arrive, so Im hoping that that will fix my issues with wind.

Cheers and ride safe

Milan
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basic Hog Rider

xxxxxkwizard wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you are on a budget, bolt in cams are a great mod. They will bump the compression and add noticable torque without having to pull the heads and juggs. I am a big fan of apes, at your height you will be much more comfortable.
xxxxxkwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwizard View Post
If you are on a budget, bolt in cams are a great mod. They will bump the compression and add noticable torque without having to pull the heads and juggs. I am a big fan of apes, at your height you will be much more comfortable.
Hey Kwizard,

I have been thinking the same thing about the apes, it's just what size do I get, I have been looking at 14" to 16", it is starting to become a little bit confusing, im not sure if 2" will make a difference or not, I like the z bars but can't seem to find who sells them as a kit with all the cables.

Many thanks for your advice I think that the cams will be a definate option, as well as the apes all I have to do is get the right ones.

Cheers

Milan
Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Born2Ride wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Hey Kwizard,

I have been thinking the same thing about the apes, it's just what size do I get, I have been looking at 14" to 16", it is starting to become a little bit confusing, im not sure if 2" will make a difference or not, I like the z bars but can't seem to find who sells them as a kit with all the cables.

Many thanks for your advice I think that the cams will be a definate option, as well as the apes all I have to do is get the right ones.

Cheers

Milan
I have 13" wild1 apes on my street glide and I would not advice much over 14" to keep safe handling.Check out Hill country cycles,they sale apes in a kit with all the wires and cables you will need to do the install..Be sure to do plenty of research before buying anything.Some people go thru 2-3 sets of bars before they find what fits them best!
Frame raked 7*/stretched 1"
HHI 6 piston caliper
HHI 9* raked trees
Arnott air ride
Boomcan slip-ons
C&C seat
Wild1 577 handlebars
Banana boards
LED tail/turns
PYO dash
Sinister windsheild
Stretched bags
Stretched Fender
Stretched Side panels
Born2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hey Born2Ride,

I get what your saying, I have been looking for a while & have noticed Hill Country Cycles - I have looked at the packages - they are pretty good with price, I have been quoted up to $550 for shipping of $150 bars. I just recently purchased a brawler seat and Klock Werks 6.5 screen, so I am waiting on them to arrive before I look at bars, I need to make sure that everything works together or I will end up like you said 2-3 sets of bars and a lot of waisted money.

What I do like is the Fred Kodlin / Santee Z bars, It's a bit hard for us in Australia everytime we find something that we like the price is great but the shipping is crap. But I will give the boys at Hill Country a call and see what they can do for me.

I have noticed that a lot of SG riders have the 15" apes, is there much difference between the 13" and the 15"?

Cheers

Milan
Old 10-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Basic Hog Rider

xxxxxkwizard wants to know Dino or Syn?
Milan,
Most everyone I know that has done Apes wishes they went a little taller. I wish I went with 12" instead of the 10's. 16" is the Classic "fists in the wind" size. I would go with at least 14's. One consideration on models with the fairing is the mirror location. Try not to get a size that causes obstruction with the rear view mirrors.
xxxxxkwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Cool What to do to my 07 SG

Hey Kwizard,

I know what you are saying, I installed T-Bars on my Fatboy and could not see past my elbows, so I have been looking at all the possibilities, my issue is that I like the Fred Kodlin Z bars in 15", but the prices that I have been quoted for shipping are crazy.

I believe that with the new seat and screen that the 15" will be perfect - see Sparky VBVMC's ride - very cool. As soon as I get the new parts I will post a updated picture. All I need to do is find someone that can do me the right deal and I will buy parts from them, at the moment everyone wants their pond of flesh, I wont be paying $550 for shipping for a set of $200 bars.

I am a patient man, so I will wait to get the right thing for the right price.

Cheers

Milan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement