Codes PO373 PO374 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

bbrew856 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Codes PO373 PO374

Looking for some direction.
I have an 06 Street Glide
I washed my bikelast night and when I went to fire it up it would start.. PERIOD.. Rant the DTC codes and it came up with PO373 (CKP Sensor Intermittent EFI) and PO374 (CKP Sensor Sync error EFI). Any suggestions. I also was hoping that something was just wet so let the bike sit overnight, came out this moring with fingers crossed and still no fire..
??????
bbrew856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

LoneEagle964 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I would agree with your thought that something is wet I would check the Crank sensor plug and also if you have a tuning divice like PC check that also I read on here that those connections can collect water, all of this is assuming it ran fine before the bath .

LoneEagle
LoneEagle964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

elmosac wants to know Dino or Syn?
The CKP sensor (located on the front of the engine by the oil filter) is the thing that is almost in the way of getting a filter wrench on the oil filter.

1. Check for intermittent connection, pinched or damaged wires, and loose CKP sensor fasteners.

2. Install known good CKP sensor. Clear codes and retest.

3. If the codes return - Reinstall original CKP sensor. Replace ECM. Reprogram and
learn password

The CKP sensor runs about $54.00 (P/N 32707-01B in the book but 32707-01C seems to be the currently available part)

You likely broke a wire when you were washing the bike and just need to repair it.

The books says if a signal is not detected or cannot synchronize (DTC P0374), the engine will not start.

I can e-mail you the pages from the electronics and diagnostics manual if you want. Just send me and e-mail to msgtfinch@cox.net and remind me what it is about.
SERT
Sampson Dark Duals

Last edited by elmosac; 07-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
elmosac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Pull your battery cables for a minute and reinstall and see if it starts then, I would suspect that a broken wire would show up as an "open" code.
553 bd cams
Power duals with re-core cvo
Welded crank

1982 FXRS
new paint
new tires
new brakes
new clutch
Soon to be back on the road

Being honest may not make you a lot of friends but it will always make you the right ones.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

elmosac wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBOB View Post
Pull your battery cables for a minute and reinstall and see if it starts then, I would suspect that a broken wire would show up as an "open" code.
A broken wire on the sensor will trip a P0374 code indicating that it is not getting a reading.

Disconnecting the battary does not reset the ECM fault codes, so what exactly is doing this supposed to accomplish?

I'm not a real smart guy, I'm just passing along what the book says. Someone smarter than me wrote the book and it has not failed me yet.
SERT
Sampson Dark Duals
elmosac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
FNG :)

bbrew856 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well I installed the CKP Sensor and no dice.. At least I thought.. When back through all my connections to make sure everything was snugged up. I have a race tuner mounted under my right side cover. Pulled the connections and on the second connection unplugged and SPLASH.. Water and corrosion. After cleaning the corrosion, drying it out well and re-mounting in a little better position the bike fired right up like a champ. Cleared all my codes and the bike is running as well as ever. Not sue if the wet connection in turned tripped the codes or actually blew the CKP but in any case I have a new sensor and the bike is good…
Thanks all..
bbrew856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement