Velva-ride Motor Mount Review - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

42339 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Did any of you have a clearance problem with the front stabilizer bolt? Since the engine mount sits higher after I installed the velva ride on my 06 Road Glide, it raised the stabilizer bolt higher to where it is right under the voltage regulator.
42339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cheesehead

Unyalli wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm thinking about pulling mine and getting a new standard HD rubber mount.

I've tried with the center bolt at 25lbft per the instructions and great Scott did it vibrate. Then tried just an 8th turn past barely snug and this was better but still vibrated more than stock. Then I tried a quarter turn past snug, 10lbft, 15lbft, and 20lbft. I'd say the 15lbft was the best but she still shook the fairing so I could not see in the mirrors. And this with the new design fairing brackets. I've done the loosen all mounts and run engine thing, I've loosened and re-torqued the mufflers. I know this bike can run smoother because it has. It was better with the mount I took out which was not cracked or dry rotted etc....
Unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cheesehead

Unyalli wants to know Dino or Syn?
Unbelievable! It's fixed. I don't know which it was or if it was the combination but it's fixed. At 2100 rpm if I let go of the left bar it shook so violently my satellite radio would eject from it's mount. Now it's dang near perfectly smooth.

When I removed the bolts from the muffler mount the muffler dropped a good inch. I had to use force to get it back up and touching the metal slide bracket. I loosened the torca clamp and loosened the muffler from from the header pipe so it would move around a bit. Next I removed the metal slider bracket from the muffler mount on the saddlebag support. Now with a piece of 1 by pine on my floor jack I raised the muffler as high as it would go till it was touching the bag support. I moved the jack so things were centered also then torqued the torca clamp to spec. Lowering the jack the muffler mounts were now touching the metal slider bracket and the holes were lind up correct so I could bold her back together without forcing the muffler in any direction.

I also torqued the Velvaride center through bolt to 30 lbft instead of the 25 lbft in the instructions.

Don't give up guys, if she didn't vibrate like mad before she shouldn't now. Something is wrong.
Unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

hdmarsh77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah, they can be weird. I have many thousands of smooth miles on mine. Since I didn't get everything with mine I had to figure out how everything went and it took some time to get it smooth.

A few weeks ago I was getting a weird vibe and was thinking something was wrong with the engine. Then I thought of the velva ride mount. I took a wrench to the nut on the bottom(I also put on a jam nut) and just turned it about an 8th turn. I didn't tighten it, just turned it.

Now it's smooth as silk again.

"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane." WJ

hdmarsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

arizaino wants to know Dino or Syn?
I switched from Velva-ride to Glide-pro..........much happier !!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

phat96 wants to know Dino or Syn?
subscribed:
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
I picked one up last year. Haven't installed it yet. I returned the one from Harley made in China.

My question is, some people say to retq after you let the bike idle. Did you do that?

I have an oil cooler, which I think is going to make this a pain. If you had a HD cooler, did you take it off to install?
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

harliecharlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
velva ride also makes engine stabilizers (those little links that go from top mount and lower mount to frame) that are insulated as to completely isolate the motor from frame via solid mounting, they work very well kinda pricey, but sounds like you guys here are really looking to remove ALL YOUR BUZZ.from the bike
harliecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement