I have tried many methods and products, but these have proven themselves, and the bike always looks better than new!
1. Take bags off or spray while on and wash first using Lexol Leather Cleaner (available at major autoparts stores)
2. Wipe bags dry and let air dry.
3. When dry, apply Lexol Leather conditioner and let dry overnight without buffing if necessary. (leaves a nice non-greasy shine.)
4. While bags are drying, I usually spray bike to rinse off dirt, etc, and apply S100 cycle cleaner and clean in sections, i.e. front, middle, rear. *Sometimes I use Harley sunwash instead.
5. Last, I clean the wheels and whitewalls with Menzerna tire cleaning gel (ph balanced and easy on tires). White walls sparkle!
6. For any tough stains on chrome use S100 metal polish soap...amazing!
1. I was given the Air Force Motorcycle dryer as a gift so that's what I dry the bike with...excellent results.
1. Harley Glaze or S100 cleaner and S100 carnuba polish on paint.
2. S100 Metal polish soap or Harley glaze on chrome. Protectall is great as well!
3. Novex or Meguiar's plastic cleaner on the windshield
* Using a hydraulic scissor jack will make cleaning a lot easier.
* Mr. Clean system is supposed to make waterspots a thing of the past...will try next time I wash.
Additional info: http://www.hawg-wash.com
Hope this helps!