Tri-Glide Owners Thread - Page 55 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #811 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

joeychitwood wants to know Dino or Syn?
I brought the TriGlide into the Fargo H-D dealership and indeed, the lever is very loose. A normal lever has about 1 mm of lateral free play. They have to remove the primary to replace the lever. Hopefully, the shaft isn't stripped, or it will be a much bigger repair. It's covered under warranty thankfully.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #812 (permalink)
FNG :)

Sloufoot wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriLs View Post
Just to resurrect the thread...!

Riding two-up to PGR missions and the CT 9/11 ride each year, I've incurred the need for a flag mount for Spirit.

The one I have is a homebrew that sits on the throne and under-hooks to the grab bars and which I cover with a black fleece blanket bungied down over the whole base leaving the flag socket poking through the folds of the blanket (see attached photo below).

Now Susie takes precedence over this contraption, so I'm looking for a sturdy, well-made, and durable single- or triple-flag mount that will permit flag(s) to be mounted to the rear of the trunk. I could go with the smaller flags on the luggage rack, but I would prefer mounting full-sized flags (Stars and Stripes, PGR, and POW/MIA).

Has anyone seen or mounted such a thing? My limited research has come up with zilch...

Thanks!

Tri
Have you come up with anything for your flags yet? I am also PGR and Harley threatened my warranty if I mounted a trailer hitch. Even if it was to be used for flags !! Don't have their heads in the sunshine !!
Do you have a rear bumper (trunk guard)? I have a round one that I made a flag holder out of 1-1/4" ABS pipe. It has "tee's" at the top with a bushing to fit the flag staff. The bottom has "tee's" that I cut out a strip across the long way and made a stand for the pipe that snaps over the bumper. I then clamp the "tee's" down to the bumper with hose clamps. The top I use plumbers tape around the pipe and run fuzzy Harley tie- down straps under the tour pack and through the brackets. Hook to the plumbers tape with "S" hooks. I also run a black heavy truck bungy around the flag staffs and hook on the plumbers tape. I can travel at 45mph or so with flags unfurled. The rest of the time I wrap them around the staffs and put 5- 2in. "one wrap" velcro wraps. I have no problems at 80mph.
I also installed an extra ferrel for a center clip on the flags.
I also use 1in. flag poles with finals. & metal shower clips for the mount.
When you paint it it looks just fine !
You have plenty of room for 3 flags if you need.
I just use a 3x5 flag with an extendable flag pole for the flag line. It carries in the tour pack.
Hope this is in time to help !! I can take pix's if you need. let me know.
rahartley@msn.com
Sloufoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #813 (permalink)
IronButt

brownfoxx1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
try triketalking.com
brownfoxx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #814 (permalink)
I HATE 'bing'...

TriLs wants to know Dino or Syn?
Still looking, but there are some things out there I've discovered...

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble,
it's what you know for sure that just ain't so..."

Mark Twain

Live well...Love faithfully...Laugh often.

"Spirit", a Vivid Black '09 TriGlide, 103" stock, V&H Dresser slipons,
SE Stage 1 A/C, SERT, fairing-mounted oil temp, Zumo 660, small
bits o' glitz, and HD foggies on dedicated foot pegs.

http://www.ecclesia-ministries.org

TriLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #815 (permalink)
IronButt

bill corkey wants to know Dino or Syn?
2011 tri glide, 9200 k miles. Commenced to back out of the garage this morning w/ me and wife on-board; engine running, hit reverse, bike moved about 3 feet back, did not quite get over slight rise before downhill part of drive so hit reverse again and engine died. Will not start. Ignition, on ; Run, on, hit start; nothing (just like if the Run switch was off) Anyone experience this or similar before.? I'm thinking the reverse control module (RCM).
2006 sportster roadster

Last edited by bill corkey; 11-03-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: 2011 vice 2012
bill corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #816 (permalink)
IronButt

bill corkey wants to know Dino or Syn?
Turned out the battery failed. Towed trike to Mother Road HD in Kingman. They checked and replaced the battery. all good now.
I have nothing but kudos for the service and parts dept at Mother Road HD. It seems there are some circumstances where the battery is covered under warrentee.
2006 sportster roadster
bill corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #817 (permalink)

Black Tri wants to know Dino or Syn?
Is anyone having problems with the trunk button sticking in when used? Mine is sticking in almost everytime that I use it and I have to use the key to pull it out so that the trunk will latch.
Black Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #818 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tri View Post
Is anyone having problems with the trunk button sticking in when used? Mine is sticking in almost everytime that I use it and I have to use the key to pull it out so that the trunk will latch.

Just lube it and all will be well, I always lube the inside latches and the button.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #819 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msocko3 View Post
Just lube it and all will be well, I always lube the inside latches and the button.
Going to do an oil and filter change this week end and will try to lub it up real good.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #820 (permalink)

I have a 09 Tri-Glide that has a Stage I kit on it, K&N air filter Screaming Eagle slip ons and a Stage I download. I am thinking about the Vance & Hines X pipe with the V&H tuner and then replace the baffles with larger ons. Has anyone done this to their Tri? I just want some feedback as I will not do this until after the first of the year.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #821 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tri View Post
I have a 09 Tri-Glide that has a Stage I kit on it, K&N air filter Screaming Eagle slip ons and a Stage I download. I am thinking about the Vance & Hines X pipe with the V&H tuner and then replace the baffles with larger ons. Has anyone done this to their Tri? I just want some feedback as I will not do this until after the first of the year.

You have to be careful of baffle size, get them to large and it'll kill off some of the bottom end which is needed to get the 1,200 lb trike moving.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #822 (permalink)

Quote:
You have to be careful of baffle size, get them to large and it'll kill off some of the bottom end which is needed to get the 1,200 lb trike moving.
Going to change the head pipe and install tuner before I change the baffles. Want to see how it sounds and runs first.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #823 (permalink)

Quote:
Lubed the latches real good and it seems to be working much better now.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #824 (permalink)
IronButt

VRSCR wants to know Dino or Syn?
Would any of you fine folks have a part number for the skirt that covers the lower tree on the trike? Im doing a trike tree conversion and need the skirt that works with those raked trike trees. If it is available in chrome, that would be the part number I would need. Thanks in advance.

NOTICE: Info I post may be correct and relevant to threads posted in. Yet I may have learned this info else were and am just sharing it in a public forum for other members benefit. I am not responsible for any tantrums or fits you may have because it was read else were on the world wide web!

HIGH SPEED, LOW DRAG MOTHER *UCKER
VRSCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #825 (permalink)
IronButt

VRSCR wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSCR View Post
Would any of you fine folks have a part number for the skirt that covers the lower tree on the trike? Im doing a trike tree conversion and need the skirt that works with those raked trike trees. If it is available in chrome, that would be the part number I would need. Thanks in advance.
Help! Help! Help!

NOTICE: Info I post may be correct and relevant to threads posted in. Yet I may have learned this info else were and am just sharing it in a public forum for other members benefit. I am not responsible for any tantrums or fits you may have because it was read else were on the world wide web!

HIGH SPEED, LOW DRAG MOTHER *UCKER
VRSCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement