My 2008 Streetglide (custom sound system project) - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

gtsdesigns wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminhog View Post
is the bass solid with the 10" sub in the bag ? im pretty sure im going to switch my front 6" subs out for 6 1/2 coax full range, as i think in the event of a trip i will be happier with the overall sound up front without my current subs just for more output and then could remove a bag sub for storage. what is the issue you had with the alpine 5 channel pdx ? i dont see anything for its size that compares ? i like the small frame, and atleast have some room for gloves, tool bag etc.. by leavin in just the 1 bag using up only 1/2 of that bag. rated 75x4 300x1, all in all seems plenty of power to run 4 coax, 1 sub ? lastly how did you post the pics ?
well, they did change the power supply on the new amps (at least from what i have been told, by a rep that would like me to stick with alpine)... the problem with the pdx line is that the amps dont truly seem to be 2 ohm, stable (even though they put out the same power whether 2 or 4ohm), after running the amp for a few months, you may find the amp shutting itself down, after turning it up a little and having to pwer down and up your radio... this gets aggrevating and after trying a billion different things, i figure it out... i need to run 2 amps to be proficient and i also have a small kinetic battery that fits inside the extended part of my bag and a battery isolator... the extra battery will run my amps, to help the charging system... hope this makes sense cause i am tired...
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/to...aker-pods.html <
gtsdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #62 (permalink)
FNG :)

jamminhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
i spoke with my fabricator, after taking several measurements and calculating different setup options he has decided 2 jl audio 8w3v3 8 ohm in a ported enclosure will be the ideal scenario for the saddlebag sub setup, he will start glassing and expects to be completed in about 2 weeks with all the custom glass work and tuned porting he has to do along with running his normal shop business. he feels the alpine should be just right for the setup. so i will have a 3 way sound stage, 4" morel up top in front morel 6 1/2 in the lower fairings and the sub saddlebag box in the left side. i will post some good pics once completed let you all know the overall sound after completion. for now im going to remove the lowers to route the front to mount the speakers flush. thanks for some great ideas. you still got a sweet ride. i cant wait for mine though.
jamminhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

wide open 97 wants to know Dino or Syn?
casn you tell me what kind of tweeters you are using,where to get them ,and how much ???Thanks the bike is sweet!!!!!!
wide open 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #64 (permalink)

tazbagger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Tour pack or side bags?/

GTS your bike is sweeett and the designs are as well. I am considering adding speakers to my tour pack instead of 6x9s in the bags. How do you feel about that and will it give good sound from the tour pack? Any feed back would be appreciated..
Thanks
Tazbagger
tazbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #65 (permalink)
I.A.T.S.E. Local 833

elPrez wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazbagger View Post
GTS your bike is sweeett and the designs are as well. I am considering adding speakers to my tour pack instead of 6x9s in the bags. How do you feel about that and will it give good sound from the tour pack? Any feed back would be appreciated..
Thanks
Tazbagger
According to his stats, his last time posting here was 3/28/2009 so I don't know if he'll see this....but maybe??
elPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #66 (permalink)

project

great looking setup and I like your work... ill bet it rocks the block..lol Keep it coming.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elPrez View Post
According to his stats, his last time posting here was 3/28/2009 so I don't know if he'll see this....but maybe??
Thanks ElPrez
I hope he does or anyone that knows will respond..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement