DYNO numbers for 2008-110 cubic inch SE : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

jim welch wants to know Dino or Syn?
DYNO numbers for 2008-110 cubic inch SE

Was at Rod Performance had a 110 SE UC with rinehearts air kit and power comander .the numbers were not what I thought they would be horse power was at 82 and torque was at around 98lbs. thougth it would be a lot more.
Has anyone else heard of numbers for this bike?:If this the case a 103 build will out perform the 2008 SE bike!
Ride Safe And Have Fun
jim welch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

route66paul wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim welch View Post
Was at Rod Performance had a 110 SE UC with rinehearts air kit and power comander .the numbers were not what I thought they would be horse power was at 82 and torque was at around 98lbs. thougth it would be a lot more.
Has anyone else heard of numbers for this bike?:If this the case a 103 build will out perform the 2008 SE bike!
Ride Safe And Have Fun
Put in a different cam, have the heads ported, and add some compression, you should gain 15-25% at a minimum.

Bi-polar and loving it!!
Bi-polar and hating it!!
95" w/ KB pistons (flattops)
HQ575 cams
Atwood's Road Warrior Heads
HPI bored throttle body
.030 head gasket
SuperTrapp Supermeg 2in1
"43" points cover
TRW rear mount
obligatory Baisley Spring

Take you a glass of water. Make it against the law. See how good the water tastes. When you can't have any at all.

Just sayin..........
route66paul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

I agree with you but for the money their paying for that bike ,just thought it would have more power.

Ride Safe And Have Fun!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
2005 Road King Classic

wkohn wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Put in a different cam, have the heads ported, and add some compression, you should gain 15-25% at a minimum.
He would be right about that.

lighter is faster - Colin Chapman (founder of Lotus)
Remember that cars and motorcycles are not the only things recalled by their maker. - some wise person
wkohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Here's mine, it's a 2007 e-glide....

Thing is mine is a stock 96.

I suggest you try a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe BP and then retune.

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

cj21tol wants to know Dino or Syn?
My dad purchased the 07 SE 110 dyna and threw a cam in it. I have a 07 WG with a built 103. On the dyno he is running about 90hp/100lbs. while im running about 101 hp/108lbs. I also spent about 10k less than he did overall. The problem with the SE 110 is the heads. The heads to me are very sloppy. The compression that the SE 110 is about 9.8-1 while im running about 10.8-1.

Last edited by cj21tol; 01-18-2008 at 06:20 PM.
cj21tol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj21tol View Post
My dad purchased the 07 SE 110 dyna and threw a cam in it. I have a 07 WG with a built 103. On the dyno he is running about 90hp/100lbs. while im running about 101 hp/108lbs. I also spent about 10k less than he did overall. The problem with the SE 110 is the heads. The heads to me are very sloppy. The compression that the SE 110 is about 9.8-1 while im running about 10.8-1.
THat's what I'm talking about I have 2007 UC change to a 103, heads ported change cylinders and piston and put a wood cam with 575 lift, dyno no. were at 100hp plus 107ft. lbs. of torquefor a lot less money. compared to what a SE110 cost.

Ride Safe And Have Fun!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Has anyone else heard of numbers for this bike?
There is more left to be had. I saw one get mid 90's on Hp and lower 100's torque just can't remember the exact numbers. The tuner said he could have gotten more if it didn't have the sh!tty stock air filter setup. This was a 07 SE Ultra with Rineheart TD's.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Mattman22033 wants to know Dino or Syn?
The SE bikes EPA friendly and that means...no power. As stated a cam and some head work will wake up the bike.
Mattman22033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
04 Super Glide Sport

fastappy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Se 110

Here's my previously loved 2006 RG with Stage II w/203 cams, SERT, & V&H Pro-pipe. The SE 110 does have more torque (90 vs 80) at 2500 rpm, but at 3500 rpm loses the battle slightly at (SE110) 95trq vs (SE95) 98trq, at 4000rpm (SE110) 95trq vs (SE95) 100trq.

Kinda strange that their stage II 95" should have a slight edge, but also consider pipes, cams, air cleaner, & tuner can have a definite influence. The 95" is a probably a more reliable motor as well (based on comments I've heard on the CVO forum).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	44237  

2006 Road Glide FLTRI 95" SE Stage II, V&H Pro-pipe, SERT 90hp/100trq Gone

2004 Super Glide Sport FXDXI 95" V&H Pro-pipe, PCIII 110HP/109TRQ Gone
fastappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
I paid.........did you??

MaineUltraClassic wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Ride Safe And Have Fun
After my last dyno tune last May, I hit 98tq/95hp from my 95" build. The next bike on the dyno was a '07 SE Ultra with the 110" motor.........he hit 97tq/81hp.....the owner couldn't believe it and starting asking me what he should do to get numbers like my 95" build did.........LOL. After putting in slip-ons, air cleaner, and a PCIII...........the numbers were better but still not what is expected out of a 110" motor. The heads and cams are killing any HD stock motor........until you replace them the numbers just aren't going to be there.

Steve

95" Powered by Big Boyz Heads, Woods Cams, Doherty PowerPacc w/ Powervents,
10:1 CR, D&D Fatcat 2-1 QB, Hillside 46.5mm TB, & Cometic Gaskets
Built by Me, Tuned by Bean
MaineUltraClassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

The owner of the 2008SE UC was very upset with the numbers that he got on the Dyno At Rod's Performance, I guess I would have been also if I had spent about $40.000 on a bike.

Ride Safe And Enjoy the Ride
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

fc5467 wants to know Dino or Syn?
SE Factory Bikes

The only way I can put thhings into perspective or could justify buying a MOCO SE build is to realize your pretty much buying a limited edition bike. You don't buy the SE factory bikes for performance. Just like the old muscle car days, Auto makers sold many SS, Hemi, Cobra vehicles that were as they toted "High Performance" . We all know by going to a custom or high performance builder we can get more for less, interms of the engine performance of the motor, but in the end what holds it's value. If you put all kinds of money into your bike customizing it you will never the money out of it. Buy a factory SE Ultra Classic, in the end the value will be higher regardless of what you put into your bike. It's the nature of the beast. They set the values as well as the resale values, are they worth more now? Maybe, maybe not but what will the values be say 20, 30 years from now if you have one? Will they be collectors items in the future?

We'' see.
Frank
fc5467 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Just a thought to stir the pot.....%potstir@

With the Issues with crank shifts that the 96 and as I understand it even more with the 110 engine, I wonder if Harley is de-tuning these engines to take some stress off the crank pin.

Looking at some of the 2008 engines I have seen sheets on(Latus Harley has a bunch on there website) I have noticed that regardless of exhaust used, there seems to be a torque dip below 2800, compared to the 2007 ones.

I wonder If, in the program the throttle is not going to WOT until a set RPM is reached.
From talking with Techs that work on Harley Engines, the general thought on why the cranks shift is from too much torque at too low of engine RPM.
(I.E.) Not down-shifting to make a pass, just cranking it on to do the pass at Low RPM (Less then 2400) Of down shifting and dumping the clutch without raising the RPM before letting the clutch out first.

I just wonder if with the throttle now under the control of the ECM, if they are doing this to help the cranks out.

Discuss.......

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.

Last edited by Jeffytune; 01-21-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
From talking with Techs that work on Harley Engines, the general thought on why the cranks shift is from too much torque at too low of engine RPM.
(I.E.) Not down-shifting to make a pass, just cranking it on to do the pass at Low RPM (Less then 2400) Of down shifting and dumping the clutch without raising the RPM before letting the clutch out first.

I just wonder if with the throttle now under the control of the ECM, if they are doing this to help the cranks out.

Discuss.......
I had a Tech at the one dealer I was at tell me pretty much the same thing. He figures most of the wasted cranks he has seen are from folks that forget there is a shifter under their left foot. He said with the 110 guys are thinking they have a 110 so they should be able to just twist the throttle in any gear to pass or climb steep hills. As you said ECM throttle control is one way they can help things live, it makes sense from a warranty POV. We had a piece of heavy equipment with tbw that would takes its time opening up, the guy doing a demo of the unit said they reduced transmission warranty claims by almost 50% with that little gem. If the end user won't control them self then I guess big brother will have to. I'm sure if someone makes changes that defeat these items and damage is done warranty may very well be impacted.

But then on the flip side one would expect a product that isn't so fragile that it takes a sh!t at the drop of a hat. I think its up to the MoCo to install a crankshaft that is up to the task, instead of putting on band aids to hopefully make the product live through the warranty period and then become the end users problem.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.