Calling bullshit on too many "it's not my Sporty" posters here - Page 16 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Sportster
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #226 (permalink)
FNG :)

gaspasser wants to know Dino or Syn?
so...i was riding with a "friend" he was on some Yamaha wannbe harley....he says to me i really dont like sportsters "no offense"....i turned to him and said "and you ride a yamaha, ok" still laugh about this one
gaspasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #227 (permalink)

oh yes......and i have never been outrun by any bike ever...whether i had two up or not.....my sporty has been tuned and worked over .....dyno says 98

got a friend with a softail who thought his bike was unbeatable.....til he met me LOL
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #228 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

dirtdreamer50 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I love my XR1200. Since it doesn't look like any other Sportster, no one even comments on that. Most don't even realize it is a Harley... My neighbor has a 1200 custom he uses as daily transportation, and it is a sweeeeet looking ride.

When folks learn I ride, always ask," Do you have a Harley?" They don't know or care what model, as long as I am on a MOCO bike, they are impressed... Kinda funny, to me. to dd50
Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #229 (permalink)

and it is all about impressing them isnt it???
Old 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #230 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

dirtdreamer50 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspasser View Post
and it is all about impressing them isn't it???
Reading your last two posts I'd say you are doing a good job of impressing them. Me, on the other hand, could care less. That's why I said I thought it was kinda funny when the name Harley was what they knew and expected that Harley would be my response. No one cared about my160hp/180mph Kawasaki, or any other bike I've owned, but they all know the name Harley.

I own Harleys because I actually like the way they ride. Not the best ride, but very unique and rewarding. 98 dyno hp out of a pushrod, air cooled, 1200cc v-twin is impressive. You are to be commended for that. What have you done to get it there? tomp dd50
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #231 (permalink)
IronButt

UltraNutz wants to know Dino or Syn?
There's some funny chit in this thread!
All BS aside though; I love my FLHTK big twin but have also had a lot of fun on a couple of 883s and 1-1200c. I'd love to own a sporty but my problem is I don't trust myself with that bike. I think I would be dead fast.

I have a 67 xlch that was dropped off by a friend for work, haven't heard from him again, and never came back to get it (over 6 mos ago) that I ride once a week just to keep her in shape after all the work i did to it and let me tell you that my a$$hole puckers every time I stand up on that kicker! No blown kneecaps or limps yet and I hope to keep it that way but it is fun to ride.
UltraNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #232 (permalink)
IronButt

UltraNutz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowbar View Post
I bet a good 70-80% of women who own Harley's, ride Sportsters and they are "cute" as a button.
although this may be true, to me there is nothing hotter than a smokin hot woman riding up on a Black/White Custom Deluxe. That chit just screams sexy!
UltraNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Reading your last two posts I'd say you are doing a good job of impressing them. Me, on the other hand, could care less. That's why I said I thought it was kinda funny when the name Harley was what they knew and expected that Harley would be my response. No one cared about my160hp/180mph Kawasaki, or any other bike I've owned, but they all know the name Harley.

I own Harleys because I actually like the way they ride. Not the best ride, but very unique and rewarding. 98 dyno hp out of a pushrod, air cooled, 1200cc v-twin is impressive. You are to be commended for that. What have you done to get it there? tomp dd50
its got cams, ported polished and decked...mikuni carb vance and hines staggered short shots.....of course all the remapping etc tht goes with it...there is stuff done i dont even know about cause the guy before me did most of the work......had it in to my local dealer the other day and all the techs were takin turns on my bike ...... this is no joke
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #234 (permalink)

maryinjax wants to know Dino or Syn?
Rode from Jacksonville, Florida to Ashalnd, Ohio and back on my Sportster... who needs a cruiser for that?
maryinjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #235 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

cvaria wants to know Dino or Syn?
I love my sportster, i'm wondering how it will be treated at bike week in march...

I was at the dealer last week and felt shame when i heard the snarl of some the bikes that people were running around on... but i don't want a obnoxiously loud bike.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #236 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

River7sailor wants to know Dino or Syn?
Re: Calling bullshit on TOO many "it's not my sporty" posters here

I love my Girly Black/Chrome Sportster, cause it goes with my fishnet stocking and high highheels.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Past Rides:2010 Heritage Softail, Norton Commando, Triumph Bonneville, AMF Sportster, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda...
River7sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #237 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

River7sailor wants to know Dino or Syn?

I hope this little seat doesn't make my butt look to big.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358470190627.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	75861

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Past Rides:2010 Heritage Softail, Norton Commando, Triumph Bonneville, AMF Sportster, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda...
River7sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #238 (permalink)
IronButt

RKC-Charlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
I recently visited with my son's father-in law. He commented on a Harley Sportster 48 that I won saying 'it's a damn shame you won a girls bike what do you plan to do with it'? He raised his garage door and there sits a red Honda Rebel 250, and he lives alone.
BTW, I proudly ride the Sporty, not as much as the Road King or Street Bob but it sure as hell gets miles. Best thing I have ever won! http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/sporty48
Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #239 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

cvaria wants to know Dino or Syn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC-Charlie View Post
I recently visited with my son's father-in law. He commented on a Harley Sportster 48 that I won saying 'it's a damn shame you won a girls bike what do you plan to do with it'? He raised his garage door and there sits a red Honda Rebel 250, and he lives alone.
BTW, I proudly ride the Sporty, not as much as the Road King or Street Bob but it sure as hell gets miles. Best thing I have ever won! http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/sporty48
How are you people winning these bikes!? I want to put my name in those hats
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #240 (permalink)
Premium Member

TonyJ wants to know Dino or Syn?
It is what it is!
I love all bikes, makes and models.
The truth is the sporty will never get the respect of a big twin. Doesnt mean its any worse or better, just different.
Deal with it.
An auto Vette is not looked upon the same as a manual.
Ride what YOU like, and dont look back.
Advertisement