Just bought a 1200 custom last month : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Sportster
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

OpticTrex wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just bought a 1200 custom last month

So I bought a 2004 Sportster 1200 Custom last month and I was wondering what awesome mods are available for such a motorcycle. I have always had sport bikes so this is my first Harley. Are there any hidden Sportster tips or tricks that I should know.
OpticTrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Krowbar wants to know Dino or Syn?
What are you looking to do with it, dude? It's great as it sits.... Looking for power? Handling? Looks? Let us know, kid.

1985 FXRS: Dyna 2000 ICM, Twin Tec II Single Fire, Mikuni HSR 42mm carb, S&S intake, Progressive 11.5" rear springs, progressive front sprigs, SPF Lightningheader exhaust and bars, rebuilt front forks with brace (lowered back to 25.5"), Arlen Ness fairing, all new electrical, shyt-ton of powder coating etc. etc.
Krowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

OpticTrex wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am thinking of looks. I like the way that it sits right now and it is comfortable for long rides, i am just not in to chrome that much. I want to get a bobbed tail for it soon, hopefully within the next couple of months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	74849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley 2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	74850  

Last edited by OpticTrex; 11-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.
OpticTrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

whiskeyrock wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dude, I just bought an 05, and I'm gonna strip most of the chrome too....my question is if anyone thinks a king and queen with a sissy would fit on it, the old lady anticipates gear change and holds on for dear life...lol

I wanna change out the bars, but just looking at it , looks like the entire speedometer and headlight needs to be moved. Its ok...just mostly turned wrench on cars.
The only mod I think that was done to it is the pipes, has screamin eagles with no ballast. I want it louder, folks need to hear me, I wanna see their heads turn before they turn in front of me, ya know?
whiskeyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

whiskeyrock wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticTrex View Post
I am thinking of looks. I like the way that it sits right now and it is comfortable for long rides, i am just not in to chrome that much. I want to get a bobbed tail for it soon, hopefully within the next couple of months.
You got different bars then me
whiskeyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

panman69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bitterendchoppers offers a retro kit, I like the way it looks, kind of like the 48 that harley came out with, it's called a 04XL kit.
panman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

XLReturnee wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticTrex View Post
So I bought a 2004 Sportster 1200 Custom last month and I was wondering what awesome mods are available for such a motorcycle. I have always had sport bikes so this is my first Harley. Are there any hidden Sportster tips or tricks that I should know.
I have a 2012 XL1200C and along with the clamp on windshield, I put some Vance and Hines pipes on the bike to give it a better sound. Not real loud but louder. I did not want pipes that would cause me to change the mapping. I get 46-52 mpg and did not want that to change. The windshield is only 14" from headlight opening to the top and it give me adequate protection. I've riden this bike a couple times will over 600 miles in one day and I have only one small complaint which is when I attach my GPS the vibrations make it a bit hard to read. Same as in the mirrors.

Terry
XLReturnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

RKC-Charlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
Great looking bike, as is. I'd ride it, you may want to get a big twin after rolling the sporty a few thousand miles.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

04SportyGuy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice bike you got there.

I've had a 2004 Sporty for a few years. Mine has a windshield and screamin eagles. Otherwise I like it just like it is.
04SportyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

DonH_247 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Congrats on your new bike! I owned a 2004 1200 and it was one of the best bikes I had ever owned. Enjoy! As for mods are concerned their are hundreds if not thousands of mods you can make. Just depends on your riding style and personal preference.

Check out the site below, I've purchased quite a few parts from them in the past.

http://www.jpcycles.com/harley-sport...200r/exact-fit
DonH_247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement