2009 XL 1200 which Wal-Mart oil filter? - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Sportster
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

Greg MacD wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ban the TROLL.....come on, first post and this person hits the most controversial subject on the forum.......BAN HiM!

2003 Ford SD 7.3L Diesel
Greg MacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

benford46 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Purolator L10241 is what I use since Walmart quit carrying supertech.
benford46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #33 (permalink)
FNG :)

gaspasser wants to know Dino or Syn?
alrighty then.....wal mart oil filters....are the chrome ones better at filtering than the black ones.....i always preferred the orange Phram ones....but clash with my pants.

seriously.....oil filters???? chinese or otherwise??? do you realize how much crap in the Harley showroom is made overseas....parts included????
gaspasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

aklim wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspasser View Post
alrighty then.....wal mart oil filters....are the chrome ones better at filtering than the black ones.....i always preferred the orange Phram ones....but clash with my pants.

seriously.....oil filters???? chinese or otherwise??? do you realize how much crap in the Harley showroom is made overseas....parts included????
IMO, where it is made is irrelevant. Chinese can make what you want and to whatever spec you want. IMO, the spec is what matters. IF you tell them to make it to a low spec, which you can do by telling them to make it to lower specs or accepting lower spec products, regardless of where it is made, it is going to be crap.
aklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
FNG :)

gaspasser wants to know Dino or Syn?
and the american auto industry is in the state its in cause of the so called high quality american made CRAP they put out
gaspasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Danglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
Considering how much even an expensive oil filter costs, I think the debate would be about buying a HD and shopping for parts at Wal-Mart (or even going to a Wal-Mart but I digress).
+2! I never go to wal-mart.sure as hell wouldn't go there to get parts for my bikes! especially something as crucial as lubrication related.

2002 Superglide
2012 Road glide Ultra T-header,T-max,Tuned Induction
Danglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglide View Post
+2! I never go to wal-mart.sure as hell wouldn't go there to get parts for my bikes! especially something as crucial as lubrication related.
Do you believe the Mobil 1 you get from Wal*Mart is any different from what you get somewhere else? What about their Fram or AC Delco or Ford filters? Are they any different?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Do you believe the Mobil 1 you get from Wal*Mart is any different from what you get somewhere else? What about their Fram or AC Delco or Ford filters? Are they any different?
I don't use Mobil one....since the court decision that determined "synthetic" was a marketing term,and could be applied to highly refined conventional oil as well,but that's a subject for another thread.

I have a problem with Wal-mart.I believe they are in a large part responsible for the current state of our economy.Again,a subject for another thread.

plus,I can usually get better prices elsewhere.

2002 Superglide
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Do you people really think HD makes there own filters? Or oil for that matter
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
And did you guys know the touring baike starter is a replacement for a toyota corolla? just sayin
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglide View Post
I don't use Mobil one....since the court decision that determined "synthetic" was a marketing term,and could be applied to highly refined conventional oil as well,but that's a subject for another thread.

I have a problem with Wal-mart.I believe they are in a large part responsible for the current state of our economy.Again,a subject for another thread.

plus,I can usually get better prices elsewhere.
I was just using Mobil 1 as an example but what I am saying is that if you stick to branded merchandise, I doubt it is different because it is bought at Wal*Mart vs some shop down the road.

You probably should be having a problem with people since they are responsible, in fact, more responsible for the economy. If you insist on having a triple hot fudge sundae to accompany every meal, it isn't the ice-cream manufacturer's fault that you are obese. We told them what to sell and they listened. Besides, you didn't think we were going to be manufacturing kings in the world till the world ends, did you?

From what I have seen, sometimes but sometimes not. You have to be careful when shopping. On a side note, if you are going to shop price and would not be willing to pay substantially more for a product at a chosen store, you wouldn't be really showing loyalty to the store. As such, does business owe you anything?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I was just using Mobil 1 as an example but what I am saying is that if you stick to branded merchandise, I doubt it is different because it is bought at Wal*Mart vs some shop down the road.

You probably should be having a problem with people since they are responsible, in fact, more responsible for the economy. If you insist on having a triple hot fudge sundae to accompany every meal, it isn't the ice-cream manufacturer's fault that you are obese. We told them what to sell and they listened. Besides, you didn't think we were going to be manufacturing kings in the world till the world ends, did you?

From what I have seen, sometimes but sometimes not. You have to be careful when shopping. On a side note, if you are going to shop price and would not be willing to pay substantially more for a product at a chosen store, you wouldn't be really showing loyalty to the store. As such, does business owe you anything?
Yes,I do have a problem with the people flocking like lemmings to their local Wal-mart,choosing low-quality short lived items instead of paying a bit more for items that will last longer.
I can only control my own actions,not what others do,and so I choose not to go to Wal-mart.

No,I don't beleive a business owes me anything other than good service if they want my money.

I don't want to hijack this thread any more then we already have by getting into a discussion of the unfair practices,corporate ownership of the gov't,etc.

Have you ever seen "the high cost of low prices"? I would recommend it if you haven't.

2002 Superglide
Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
IronButt

RKC-Charlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am very happy that Wally stopped selling their SuperTech oil filters. Because people were buying them to save cash, but the filters are JUNK.. as is the reason they pulled them and stopped selling.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
IronButt

pigrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by symore View Post
Yes I hate going to wal-mart but i have one two-minutes from me verse 30 miles to the closest dealer. The super-tech 3614 filter was great and american made by Champion Labs. Champion was under bid to another company. Thats why Wal-mart no longer stocks them. I am hoping they win the contract back.
http://www.b4usa.com/champion-laboratories-inc/
The way to fix that is take a nice 30 mile ride to the dealer, pick up 2 o 3 filters and when you get home you're oil will be good and hot ready to change, and you got a filter or 2 left for you're next oil change.
pigrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Playback1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg MacD View Post
Ban the TROLL.....come on, first post and this person hits the most controversial subject on the forum.......BAN HiM!
I agree. Never have I read such inane drivel as I've found in this thread. Everyone is going to use what they feel comfortable with and that's the bottom line.
Playback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement