Differences between Fatboy and Deluxe Fender : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Softail
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Bigkahuna327 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Differences between Fatboy and Deluxe Fender

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Fatboy and Deluxe fenders on an 02 bike? I'm wanting to switch to a deluxe fender with a luggae rack and want to know what might be involved in the switch between the two and if I have to modify my fatboy fender.
Bigkahuna327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vagrant

HD-LUX wants to know Dino or Syn?
From what I've been able to see, the FLSTN rear fender has 3 extra holes drilled for the stock luggage rack and seat, it has two extra dimples next to the tail light for the stock fender-mounted turn signals, it has a large depression for the tombstone tail light, it has an additional under plate for the 2 seat thumb screws (to protect the wiring too) and it has holes drilled for the chrome end cap. What did I miss?

Are you a Ducking Foof?
HD-LUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

OddN wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey, you just answered a question I had, before I even got to ask

In other words you can not just mount the toombstone taillight on a Fatboy fender? Or did I miss something...

Sorry for interrupting the thread
OddN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vagrant

They make nice aftermarket tombstone tail lights that will fit a fatty just fine, you don't have to go to a Deluxe or a Springer Classic fender to get it. Much cheaper and easier too. Kury makes one for $100 bones.

http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?mo...tone_Taillight

PS: Correction, 4 extra holes, 2 for the rack and two for the seat.

Are you a Ducking Foof?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

I can see the extra holes for the luggage rack, but where does the extra seat hole come into play at and where is it located??? Could you simply drill the holes and mount the seat. Would these holes be hid if another type of seat such as a badlander or stock fatboy seat were on the bike?

HD-Lux, you never did tell me how much on the setup you have.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkahuna327
...Could you simply drill the holes and mount the seat. Would these holes be hid if another type of seat such as a badlander or stock fatboy seat were on the bike?...HD-Lux, you never did tell me how much on the setup you have.
I can't imagine you couldn't just drill and go. But the two holes for the solo seat part, the thumb screw holes, can be seen when most solo seats are used. I have a stock Heritage Classic seat and those two holes are visible. You'll see below in the big (sorry) top picture below that the slightly longer Corbin Solo almost covers the two extra seat holes (they are the two black plugs just after the Corbin seat ends). As for the price, I haven't thought about what it's worth. PM me any reasonable offer.

Are you a Ducking Foof?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

OddN wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-LUX
They make nice aftermarket tombstone tail lights that will fit a fatty just fine, you don't have to go to a Deluxe or a Springer Classic fender to get it. Much cheaper and easier too. Kury makes one for $100 bones.

http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?mo...tone_Taillight

PS: Correction, 4 extra holes, 2 for the rack and two for the seat.

Ok, thanks. I know about the Kury one, but began to worry if i had to dent the fender to fit one.
OddN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

HD-Lux, I'm really interested in getting the seat from you. I'll think it over and send you an offer in a few days. Just curious, why did yo change to the quick disconnect luggage rack? do you like it better?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blah

Jetwrench wants to know Dino or Syn?
Does that Kury tombstone bolt up to a 04 Fatboy fender? It says in the description that extensive sheetmetal modification is necessary.
Advertisement