Softail Deluxe discussion : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Softail
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Amused wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up Softail Deluxe discussion

Cool, we got a sticky.

How about pictures of the birth of My Deluxe?

Of course, as soon as she was born she was ripped from my hands to add a stage II big bore with cams and chrome her up. I get her in a week or two.
"An individualist is a man who says: "I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself."

Last edited by Amused; 02-08-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Amused is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
10X
Seasoned Rider

10X wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking

Why not? Though we are few and far between, the bike has plenty to talk about!

Rides better to me than the Fat Boy (which I almost got) due to the ergonomics. And IMHO, the retro styling is first rate.

Now if we could only get some slip-ons to give it better sound and keep the styling......
10X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

FATVETTE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sure, why not...

2002 FLSTF - Jade Sunglow Green
2009 FLHTCU - Red Hot Sunglow\Smokey Gold
FATVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

FLHRSIjimi wants to know Dino or Syn?
I went in to buy a Fat Boy, fell in love with the ST Deluxe, gave myself some time to reflect, and ended up ordering a Road King Custom for the long, long rides I plan to do. I still think the ST Deluxe is the coolest looking stock bike out there right now.
FLHRSIjimi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wicked!

Carrie wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10X
Why not? Though we are few and far between, the bike has plenty to talk about!
Any of you Deluxe owners gonna post some pictures with that post?
Old 02-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

simmz wants to know where he is and how he got here
I just picked up my Deluxe on Jan. 20th and even though I have only had a few chances to ride it, when I have got a chance to ride it I really have enjoyed it, it rides like a dream, especially compared to my Sporty.
I will try and post a picture but bear with me I'm kinda new to this stuff.

simmz
simmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
FNG :)

leeseats@adelph wants to know Dino or Syn?
Smile Deluxe

Have had mine since September---oooh how fun!!! We put true duals on it, and ordered vintage bags. A vintage bagger!!!
leeseats@adelph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Restless

timbo wants to know Dino or Syn?
This is my wifes Deluxe. Definitely a chicks bike with the lowered stance, pullback risers and extreme ease of handling. I get caught riding it every now and then. I think it's the best handling bike HD has out right now.

If you want to see even more Deluxes there is a Softail Deluxe forum over on delphiforums.com. Most all the owners are ladies. But they are very cool. Harley is even making a ladies purse now that fits the windshield. Thankfully the wife is a minimalist.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Amused wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo
This is my wifes Deluxe. Definitely a chicks bike with the lowered stance, pullback risers and extreme ease of handling. I get caught riding it every now and then. I think it's the best handling bike HD has out right now.

If you want to see even more Deluxes there is a Softail Deluxe forum over on delphiforums.com. Most all the owners are ladies. But they are very cool. Harley is even making a ladies purse now that fits the windshield. Thankfully the wife is a minimalist.
The Delphi Forum is dominated by women because it was started by women. :p

The Deluxe is no more a "chick's bike" than a Sportster is a "chick's bike."

Oh, and the handbag specifically says it is NOT compatible with the Nostalgic Windshields. Though it will fit, it doesn't fit well because of the curved support on the windshield.

Fits '94-later FLHR and '00-later FLSTC with Original Equipment King-Size windshields. Also fits all King-Sized Windshields (except Nostalgic Windshields P/N's 57243-05, 57140-05, 57181-05, 57141-05) and Compact Windshields (except FXSTD) installed on models without handle-mounted gauges.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
"An individualist is a man who says: "I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself."
Amused is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

sft-tale wants to know Dino or Syn?
My new Deluxe

I only got about 100 miles on her before I had to store her for the winter. I put on some detachable bags (Boss Bags) and sissy bar. Here are a few pics with the bags on and off. I couldn't even get a jacket in the HD lockable bags. These are detachable and cost the same as the HD's. I had the SE1 kit installed and put in a 48 low jet. Currently, I just have the entire baffle removed from the stock pipes. I am waiting to see what pipes eventually will hit the market for this bike. I want to keep the original looks, so probably will go with some slip ons. If I remember right--the cross over is actually on the header part of the pipe and not the muffler part. I think I should be able to put on a slip on, and still keep the cross over?? Maybe someone can enlighten me on this----I'm too lazy to go out in garage and uncover the bike to check it out.
Rick

Last edited by sft-tale; 01-14-2006 at 05:33 PM.
sft-tale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
I am waiting to see what pipes eventually will hit the market for this bike.
I believe D and D Exhaust, and Cycle Shack both have a Slip-On available for the Deluxe.

simmz
Old 02-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

[QUOTE=simmz]I believe D and D Exhaust, and Cycle Shack both have a Slip-On available for the Deluxe.

How would the D&D compare to the cycle shack as far loudness? I really don't want super loud pipes.

Rick
Old 02-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

[QUOTE=sft-tale]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmz
I believe D and D Exhaust, and Cycle Shack both have a Slip-On available for the Deluxe.

How would the D&D compare to the cycle shack as far loudness? I really don't want super loud pipes.

Rick
To tell the truth Rick I haven't heard any of the D and D pipes before, but the Cycle Shacks are fairly loud, louder than the SE-II's IMHO.

simmz
Old 02-09-2005, 03:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Topshelf22 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeseats@adelph
Have had mine since September---oooh how fun!!! We put true duals on it, and ordered vintage bags. A vintage bagger!!!

Which true duals did you go with? And also what Mufflers? I want to go with Duals, but figuring out what fits is hard since it is a new model (apparently built and marketed for "chicks").
Topshelf22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

I still haven't found any pipes---will probably see what comes out this spring.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.