V-Twin Forum banner

Fatboy owners discussion

642K views 2K replies 545 participants last post by  jimjokjv 
#1 ·
Saw the Deuce thread and thought a Fatboy thread was in need. So, to start off, tell us your thoughts, show us your pictures, tell us about new products, etc. for the Fatboy.

I realize, probably everyone here knows what my bike looks like, so I won't post a pic yet. At least until it's done. ;)

For those who are thinking about getting a Fatboy, get one. It's one of the most versital bikes Harley has ever made.

Another thing, since this is the 15th Anniversary of the Fatboy, what are your thought on the bike? What do you like and dislike about the bike?

Let the discussion begin...

See less See more
#29 ·
petershog said:
Hey there flstflee...

Are those the solid spun aluminum wheels (I think they are) or the chrome ones? My fatty isn't coming until April and I'm thinking to replacing the stock wheels with the spun aluminum ones but I have never seen them look so shiny :rolleyes:

I noticed that the new 15th aniversary edition has the stock looking wheels with a chrome ring, now that is nice!! I wonder if I can get these wheels on my ride or are they are only available for this special edition bike.

Anyone know?...

Cheers,
Peter

they are the stock fatboy wheels..I had them smoothed and chromed

#30 ·
This is my 02 fatty.
I would like to find a set of bags to slip on once in a while just not sure whats the best way to go either way I guess I have to move turn signals.
I bought this used can anybody tell me what kind of pipes these look to be they have baffles but still very loud?

02 Fatboy

#32 ·
Davidms said:
04 Fatboy I am reaching for bars huntching over getting some back and wrist pain on longer rides looking at Wild1 504's suggestions ?
Yep, the wild 1 RKII bars I believe the number is 518. I sure love them, much more comfortable.

#33 ·
jssmith76 said:
I've been wanting a Fat Boy for quite some time. So, after some time about me talking bout them, and showing my wife pisture of them, she finally let me get one. I've only had it for a little over a week, but I thought that I would share a pic of it with ya'll.

It's a '94, fuel injected.

Course, now I gotta start with the upgrades. I've already been "allowed" to get the Stage 1 kit and exhaust. Plus, I'm planning on getting some new rims and maybe some good leather saddle bags.
Did you mean 2004?

#38 ·
Ralston said:
Those are neat bars... I am tryin to mount quick disconnect road king bags!
My brother has a 02 King Classic. Once when he had the bags off I got him to hold em up in the correct position where the bags "would" be mounted so I could get a look at the wouldbe look.
I gotta tell ya, the bags look awesome on the Fat Boy.

Keep us posted as I would love to see a Fat Boy with classic bags mounted.

The mod cant be too hard to make work.

#39 ·
slalomdude said:
Hey Ralston
You have the same build I am looking at.How do you like it, I was also looking to do heads as well. What kind of numbers are you putting out. How do you like those cams, did you go gear drive?
I did not do the heads. 93hp 99.9tq. Yes geardrive. I love this setup. You can check out your plan with Grock,Doc and the guys in Mods. Those folks know this late model stuff!

#41 ·
Davidms said:
04 Fatboy I am reaching for bars huntching over getting some back and wrist pain on longer rides looking at Wild1 504's suggestions ?
I have the 504's on my bike. Thye are allot better ergonomically than stocker's.

Joe

#43 ·
Ralston said:
Joe what kind of tail lite are you runnin? did it bolt on your fatboy fender?
It is a Kuryakyn smoke LED, it just bolts right on!

Joe

#1,321 ·
Joe,

I have a 2004 fat boy. I had the local dealer install quick release bags, and the signal lights had to be removed. They installed a set up, Brake/taillight and signal all in one.

Not happy with it!

I been told many times that when I hit the brake lights, it is very difficult to see the signal lights blinking. I see that you have signals installled under the brake/tail light?

The the bar with the signal lights came as a set with the brake/tail lights?

Can you tell me where you got this set up? perhaps the item number?

Thanks,

Lou2004fatboy

#46 ·
Ralston said:
Joe are the turn indicators part of the lite? Those are really what I was asking about! Are those bolt on Fatboy? thanks Sharp ride!
The turn blinkers are HD from the catalog. My fender is a Heritage fender with 2 depressions in it for the light bar. I don't think it will work on a standard Fatboy fender........Thanks for the compliment!

Joe

#49 ·
:D I have a good computer, and an exotic new digital camera, but don't know how to post pics, so no pics of my "Jolene". . . .one of these days. I'm new to the fatty, moving over from a sporty. Love the Fatboy, feels like I'm in it rather than on it. Got to ride the last two days. . . . . wonderful . . . Mardi Gras party here in St. Louis yesterday. Lots of bikes, lots of pretty young chicks, life is good!

As far as the 15th anniv FB, I've got an '05 and am happy with my purchase @ MSRP for EFI bike. Now have 500 miles, so she's broken in (burned no oil at all!) She's a trip w/o yet paying the Harley tax. Soon I'll get new pipes (still stressing over which), Power Commander and SE AC. Be glad when she doesn't sound like a Volvo station wagon. Will think about 95" kit & cams down the road. Not sure I really even need, except to be macho and thats a lot of dinero for macho. Had the anniv version been out when I bought "Jolene", still would have bought Jolene. I can do with her what I want. And, painted oil tank? I like the chrome one.

Fatboys forever!

Lefty
'05 FLSTFI (Jolene)
chopper blue and brilliant silver