Forward controls for a Fat Boy? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Softail
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Octain wants to know Dino or Syn?
Forward controls for a Fat Boy?

I wanna dump the boards and install a set of forward controls on my 04.
Does anyone know what, if any from other Softails will bolt up without a buncha mods? I.E. Duece, Standard ect??
Dont wann do the fancy aftermarket due to the cost.

Thanks dudes!!
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2004, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

nodoze wants to know Dino or Syn?
I put on a set of HD chrome forward control brackets on my 03. The description says that they fit '00+ FX Softails & I didn't have to do a whole heck of a lot to put them on my fatboy.
nodoze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

lead wrist wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks, I would like to get a Springer Classic but don't want to keep the boards either.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

fourhour wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lead wrist
Thanks, I would like to get a Springer Classic but don't want to keep the boards either.
Never thought about removing the floor boards! Maybe I'll go revisit that Softail Deluxe afterall!ennis
"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice, American actress and singer (1891-1951)
fourhour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2004, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
FNG :)

bigmac wants to know Dino or Syn?
I put the Ness extensions on my "04 Night Train
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

mattib wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wanted the boards to keep in line with the look. I went to Bubba's Brakes extended boards. The boards are moved forward 2" and the brake pedal and shift lever are extended. The are awesome.
Matt
mattib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattib
I wanted the boards to keep in line with the look. I went to Bubba's Brakes extended boards. The boards are moved forward 2" and the brake pedal and shift lever are extended. The are awesome.
Matt

There again the cost factor falls into play on thise dude.
I just need something so I can make the curves in the north Ga mountains without fear.
How much do the ext. raise the boards as compared to stock??
Old 10-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

NEILB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hi,

I have a 2004 fatboy and have the same problems as you. I have done some research and the Kuryakyn Floorboard Eliminator Kit seems like a good and reasonable cheap option. visit this website for more info
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com

The kit retails for $560 not cheap but other companies with similar items cost over $1000. The added advantage is that it is also 3 inches future forward than Harleys forward controls so gives you a bit more room to stretch.

Cheers,

Neilb
NEILB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

thetowman wants to know Dino or Syn?
fatboy brake and shifter controls

does anybody have floor boards,brake and shifter controls fit 92 fatboy i bought one with forward controls and my legs are short
thetowman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Nytmare wants to know Dino or Syn?
Octain-
It's a Softail. The frames are the same between FX and FL(except Deuce). Get the controls from a Standard or Night Train.
If you need it extended (you better have more than a 34" inseam) controls, Ness and others make a kit to extend them 3 inches further.
Think eBay...
Nytmare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Holy smokes this is an old thread. I didnt even remember posting it till I got a PM measage in my mail box.

I picked up a set off ebay on the cheap a long time ago. direct bolt on and I love em!

Het The Townman, check ebay, see em on there quite often. I still have the board assembly that I removed from mine but Im gonna hold on to em.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

pensacolaharley wants to know Dino or Syn?
They look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattib View Post
Matt
But can you get them, or anything like them, any cheaper anywhere else? They're out of stock right now but hopefully they will contact me when they've received some more? Anyway, they have the price at, depending on style, somewhere between $400 and $700 ???
pensacolaharley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

The Notch wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetowman View Post
does anybody have floor boards,brake and shifter controls fit 92 fatboy i bought one with forward controls and my legs are short
I have a set from an 05 Fatboy, left over from when I put a set of Jaybrake forwards on. I'm too lazy (and at work) to research applications. If you find they work, drop me a line and we'll see what we can do.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.