V-Twin Forum banner

Disappointed in the 2015 line up

5K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  CrazyBlonde 
#1 ·
I just looked at the new Harley 2015 line up, to say I am disappointed is an under statement. I was hopping that they would have a 2015 25th anniversary Fatboy. It seems like the moco has forgotten that it is the 25th year of building their iconic motorcycle.

Tim

#13 ·
I agree for the most part but was attracted to the 2004 Road King and got one (10th anniversary for the RK). I liked the changes that 2004 brought out. It was an excellent bike and I put a lot of miles on it.

When the 2014's came out, I traded the '04 for a new blue & black Road King. Again I liked the changes for the '14 and think this is the best H-D I have had so far.

The '15's are lust like the '14's; maybe in another 9 or 10 years I'll be ready for another.

#12 ·
I usually change up the look of any bike I buy, never been totally happy with the look as stock, I like clean lines and no do-dads and trinkets hanging off. So I don't expect yo see anything I would be totally happy with. I like the Breakout and Deluxe in the softail and the Road King in the touring (always hated the rear signal bar...that would have to go) The Dyna Switch Back would be better without those ugly rims... I don't think they go well with the bike

#15 ·
It's often a lose lose situation from Harley. When the come up with something really new, all I hear is complaining about why they aren't staying with tradition. (The VRod) When they stay with tradition, many complain there is nothing new. When the just come up with new models for one of the lines, I hear complaints that they are just rebadgin stuff using parts from other bikes. Frankly the way I see it, the Rushmore line was a MAJOR leap forward last year. They are simply refining that. I have had 27 Harleys and by far my Rushmore is the best. The infotainment system is quirky but just small annoyances. Lets face it, Harley now sells more touring line bikes in the states than anything else by far.

#17 ·
I just looked at the new Harley 2015 line up, to say I am disappointed is an under statement. I was hopping that they would have a 2015 25th anniversary Fatboy. It seems like the moco has forgotten that it is the 25th year of building their iconic motorcycle.

Tim

So if they put a 25th anniversary decal on the tank of a Fatboy you'd be happy with the Harley 2015 lineup?

Is it me or does that sound lame?

#21 ·
It seems like they even forgot the Fatboy 25th anniversary in there swag too. Oh well. IMO the indians looks like crap. What is it the 4th restart of the company.

Tim

#22 ·
I think it's the 3rd re-start, but it might be the 4th. In any case, Polaris has done it well whether I like the bikes or not, which I really don't. Enough people do for them to prosper with the products. Good for them!

As far as the HD line, I don't understand all the whining among those that whine then buy them anyway. If I don't like a product, I don't buy it. I like HD's bikes and just bought my 4th new one.

#25 ·
The "gold" as far as I'm concerned is that the more new HDs are sold the more most older equivalents depreciate even if they are low-mileage.

If I were buying a first new/new-ish HD today I'd look for a 2014 that a dealer wanted to move out the door, or a low-mileage private party slightly used bike since so many Boomers barely ride what they buy. When any vehicle has been out for a while you aren't a beta-tester for whatever open or concealed changes the factory implemented, and the loot you save can go for custom parts. Once dat MSO turns into a customers title, "new" instantly turns into "used" anyway.

#26 ·
Happy they now have "Low" models on the touring bikes

I have to say that I am so excited that they are now making "Low" models on several of the 2015's. I am on my tip toes on my 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, and it's also a stretch to reach the grips, so it wears me down faster. Especially being as I tend to go 750 to 1000 miles on a ride all the time.
It is an accident waiting to happen for me to even begin to get to the kickstand, it's so hard to reach. If I stop on uneven ground or where the road is banked for runoff, I can only get 1 foot to reach the pavement, and that's leaning way over.
Backing the back is near impossible on tip toes. So the new "Low" models are awesome! I got on a Electra Glide Limited "Low" today, and was Flat footed with even a little bend in my knee. SOOOOOO excited, now I just need to wait for the ridiculous prices to drop. :)
SOME of the features of the new "Low" Electra Glide are:
A seat height of 25.6 inches—1.7 inches lower than the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic model and the lowest of any premium touring motorcycle on the market today—allows more riders to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is stopped. A new low-profile seat reduces the reach to the foot controls. Premium front and rear suspension lowers the bike’s center of gravity and makes it easier to lift the motorcycle off its side stand, yet delivers outstanding comfort and handling.
The width of both the primary drive housing and derby cover has been reduced to further improve leg clearance to the ground.
A new handlebar places the hand controls two inches closer to the rider, putting many riders in a more comfortable position that can reduce back and shoulder strain.
Smaller-diameter hand grips reduce finger reach to the brake and clutch levers.
Assist and Slip hydraulic clutch reduces lever effort, a key benefit in stop-and-go traffic.
A new passenger footboard mount allows the footboards to be folded up out of the way when pushing the motorcycle in a garage or driveway.
A new toe tab extension reduces foot reach required to retract the side stand.
- See more at: http://www.thunderpress.net/motorcy...mited-low/2014/09/08.htm#sthash.xVaPU7wn.dpuf

#29 ·
I have to say that I am so excited that they are now making "Low" models on several of the 2015's.
Yes, because suspension travel is over-rated....

Those Indians sure look like sh!t...

When looking a Victory bikes it's "what were they thinking?"...

It's OK to like what you like and buy what you want, it's your choice. No need to justify your choices. I may prefer Jennifer Aniston to Angelina Jolie, that preference doesn't require me to justify it by claiming that Angie is ugly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.