V-Twin Forum banner

What is the best Chrome Polish

112K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  Atomicboy13 
#1 ·
Looking for the best chrome polish and where to buy it. TKS

#2 ·
You'll probably get as many different answers to this as there are responders, everyone has their own personal preferences. Being as you need to ask in the first place I'm guessing you're not the typical "garage guy" that has a whole cabinet full of different lotions and potions for cleaning, polishing, waxing and lubricating..... so I'll recommend the good and easy solution.

Never Dull cotton wadding can be found at Auto Parts stores as well as Wal Mart, K Mart etc. It comes in a polished aluminum tin with black lettering that contains cotton wadding impregnated with a cleaner/polish/protectant. Works great for polishing chrome and aluminum and leaves some protection. Just rip of a hunk and start rubbing... any black residue that results from polishing aluminum is the crud coming off. Buff the resulting crud or haze with a soft cloth and you're done. Avoid getting the residue on any wrinkled black, it looks like crap and it's difficult to clean off.

There's lots of other solutions for specific applications or problem areas. Good to start with the basic stuff first. Your mileage may vary...

TL

#3 ·
I use this product:

http://www.kustomflames.com/bom.html

I use it on EVERYTHING including windshield...someone on the forum here recommended it and I grabbed some from Pat (KustomFlames)...it made everything on my bike look spanking new...even my leather!

1 bottle will lasta LONG time...and it could not be easier...I had a few tough spots on a tail light from carbon buildup and it would not come off...some of this stuff sprayed on and it was gone.

I have no vested interest in the product or the company...just giving an opinion here....

I used to use Mothers Chrome Polish (Walmart) and it did a good job....but this stuff is easier and much better.

Thats my 2 cents!
Cheers;
jake
:beer:

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks Jake! While not a 'polish' persay, it is a spray detailer and works on all parts of the bike! It will polish chrome just as good as mother's or neverdull, but with lots less work.

I also just bought some metal gloss/seal to try out which was recommended in another discussion. That product is supposed to be good for chrome as well...but I bought it specifically for the AR aluminum mags I have on my 65 Corsa.

If you want quick, easy, and effective - the Captains that Jake spoke of is the ticket...If you want a polish, and don't mind sitting there for a couple of hours working on all your chrome, than any of the products mentioned above will be good!

Pat

#8 ·
I've always been partial to "RainDance" Paste.. (not sure they even still make it :confused: But I bought a good supply when I heard they were only gonna be making a liquid RainDance..

You can put it on & leave it on for minutes/hrs/days/ or years, (if you have stashed goodies) & remove when ready..

Plus when I wash bikes, I never use soap.. It just strips off wax..

For my billet rims I use Mothers Alum polish & the mini-ball..And finish w/Mothers Billet Polish by hand...

#19 ·
Used before

Ive used the MAAS before with very good results. The liquid polishes of several names but all seem to be the same stuff, is a solvent of some sort with jewelers rouge in it. It will polish but not all that easy. Still get the black off of aluminum and its hard to remove.

#24 ·
I don't have much chrome left on my bike but I need to change the subject real quick.. Has anyone heard of using Lemon Pledge on you bike windshield or on your paint?
I heard this the other day and it humored me just a little!

Pledge will work. I like the product originally called the Bom, [see post #3] for all paint, chrome or plastic.
I even use it on my black powder coat engine cases. Works great!
Nice looking ride!

#25 ·
Nev-R-Dull on the chrome, Mothers on the aluminum, Pledge on the paint and plastic...and my bike shines like a nickel in a goat's butt. Until I take her out and ride her a while, then we start all over...thinking of de-chroming. I saw a 2010 Fatboy with "shineless chrome", maybe that's the ticket?

#27 ·
For deep cleaning there someting in a tube that smells like bat guana. Hd Sells it. It will remove everything on chrome and give a mirror polish to aluminum, just keep it off yer bare hands unless you wanta be followed by every horny :hystria:tom cat on the block.

Works great, I forgot the name.

#29 ·
Race Glaze does wonders

#30 ·
This i an old thread but.....as far as chrome polish there is no such thing. You can polish paint but not chrome. Bout the only thing you can do is get it clean. Waxes and sealants will help it from looking dull. If you have pitted chrome then get some S100 polishing soap. It does help hid the rust spots.

#31 · (Edited)
Best Aluminium Polish

You can follow certain techniques to achieve the result that you want. Items made of aluminum can be scratched easily. You need to know the different procedures on how to apply the product before you proceed with the task.

For best result, buy the best aluminum polish. It is also available in a kit that includes the polish, microfiber cloth and a variety of buffer pieces. This will make your job easier since you have everything.

The kits price depends on the number of pieces included in the package. Also included in the kit are the instructions on how to use the polish correctly. The manufacturer of the aluminum polish gives recommendations and tips to complete the job fast.

The most popular way of applying the aluminum polish is by the use of a microfiber cloth. An alternative way is by the use of a buffer brush that you can buy at hardware stores. Before applying the polish you need to clean the surface first.

#32 ·
You can follow certain techniques to achieve the result that you want. Items made of aluminum can be scratched easily. You need to know the different procedures on how to apply the product before you proceed with the task.

For best result, buy the best aluminum polish. It is also available in a kit that includes the polish, microfiber cloth and a variety of buffer pieces. This will make your job easier since you have everything.

The kits price depends on the number of pieces included in the package. Also included in the kit are the instructions on how to use the polish correctly. The manufacturer of the aluminum polish gives recommendations and tips to complete the job fast.

The most popular way of applying the aluminum polish is by the use of a microfiber cloth. An alternative way is by the use of a buffer brush that you can buy at hardware stores. Before applying the polish you need to clean the surface first.
Clara this is an old thread, but interesting reading still. Thank you for bringing it back. By the way girls can't even play t-ball ya think.lol.

#33 ·
Anybody ever use Flitz? I've used it on a few different things and seems to work really decent. As for chrome cleaner I prefer White Diamond Multipurpose Metal polish and sealant. For aluminium I use Mothers or White Diamond. Everybody will have their preference and I'm always open to try new stuff. I find that White Diamond seals very well on pipes and my triple tree/forks. Bugs don't stick much and water beads very well. Seems to last a decent amount of time to as I use Meguire's spray detailer in between washes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.