MOCO Friendly : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > Harley-Davidson Owners Group (MOCO Friendly)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

pussywhipped wants to know Dino or Syn?
MOCO Friendly

What does "MOCO Friendly" in the forum name mean? I'm sure it's an acronym for something. Please enlighten me. Wikipedia says it is slang for "when everything becomes clear." How does it relate to the forum. I guess answering peoples questions in the forum could be seen as bringing clarity.
pussywhipped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I think it means this forum isn't intended as a place for bashing HOG but rather it's intended for those who enjoy the camaraderie of it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com App
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pussywhipped View Post
What does "MOCO Friendly" in the forum name mean? I'm sure it's an acronym for something. Please enlighten me. Wikipedia says it is slang for "when everything becomes clear." How does it relate to the forum. I guess answering peoples questions in the forum could be seen as bringing clarity.
MoCo I believe is an acronym for the Harley Davidson Motor Company.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

That sounds like a logical guess. Maybe someone will reply and give us a definitive answer.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
MoCo = Harley Davidson Motor Company. The guys at MoCo even refer to the MoCo ans the MoCo..
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

93Horse wants to know Dino or Syn?
One definition

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_moco_mean
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

yep, it is a slang term for booger in spanish.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
yep, it is a slang term for booger in spanish.
From what I read it is a slang term for bugger in Spanish.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
MoCo = Harley Davidson Motor Company. The guys at MoCo even refer to the MoCo ans the MoCo..
That just doesn't sound plausible or logical to me. First off a MoCo or motor company is too generic a term. It could relate to any business that calls itself a company in their corporate name. If it was HDMoCo I could see where they might use that label. Also, shortening the name from the Harley-Davidson Motor Company to MoCo sounds too much like ghetto slang. I can't imagine the employees coming up with that. I'm thinking now that it was just a typo on the part of someone who helped set up the website. I'm thinking that it refers to generic motorcycles. That they meant to write Moto. There are a lot of motorcycle companies that use the word moto in their name. Especially foreign companies. The words Moto Sport, Moto International, and Moto Guzzi all refer to motorcycles. So, Moto Friendly is obviously meant to be motorcycle friendly. Even our foreign friends will be able to relate to that. Someone just misspelled it. They typed Moco instead of Moto.

Last edited by pussywhipped; 01-16-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
That just doesn't sound plausible or logical to me. First off a MoCo or motor company is too generic a term. It could relate to any business that calls itself a company in their corporate name. If it was HDMoCo I could see where they might use that label. Also, shortening the name from the Harley-Davidson Motor Company to MoCo sounds too much like ghetto slang. I can't imagine the employees coming up with that. I'm thinking now that it was just a typo on the part of someone who helped set up the website. I'm thinking that it refers to generic motorcycles. That they meant to write Moto. There are a lot of motorcycle companies that use the word moto in their name. Especially foreign companies. The words Moto Sport, Moto International, and Moto Guzzi all refer to motorcycles. So, Moto Friendly is obviously meant to be motorcycle friendly. Even our foreign friends will be able to relate to that. Someone just misspelled it. They typed Moco instead of Moto.
Ok, I gave you the answer to your question. You can believe it or not. Either way I'm done with it.

The current number of those who live under bridges hanging out on the forum lately has been rising as of late, and I do not intend to get pulled in a discussion with one, or the familys of them that seems to lurking.

Last edited by Rendell; 01-16-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
merry old soul

Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this? Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
"MoCo" is used often.

Quote:

Was it used in some way here that you do not understand? If so, perhaps quote the statement that you thought was confusing.

rkc
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Don't over think it. Rendell and MP are right.

Right or wrong, regardless of your opinion and conventional logic, on this site moco = harley davidson motor company

Ever ride to that restaurant at the end of Fisherman's Village? I try to make it to that place for a beer on the deck when I'm in the area. Guess I'm a typical tourist.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer45u View Post
Don't over think it. Rendell and MP are right.

Right or wrong, regardless of your opinion and conventional logic, on this site moco = harley davidson motor company

Ever ride to that restaurant at the end of Fisherman's Village? I try to make it to that place for a beer on the deck when I'm in the area. Guess I'm a typical tourist.
Jammer, Thanks for setting me straight on MoCo. Your right I was over thinking it. Harpoon Harry's is a local institution for residents and tourists alike. I have spent many an hour tied up to their dock or parked in their parking lot while sitting at the outside booths overlooking Charlotte Harbor. It's become sort of like AJ's in Destin, Fl. The place to go for live entertainment, a pitcher, reasonably priced food, great view. It's a stop on the circuit of the Cigarette boats too. When they power in the sound is so loud it vibrates the beer in your glass. They don't care if you walk up the steps from your boat with a beer in your hand from your own cooler either. Most of the fishing tournaments take place there as well. They are part of a restaurant group which includes the Captains Table at the same location but second level. Great seafood, great view, great big bill at the end of the meal. Their newest venture is the Laishley Crab House also on the water with great views all around with a guest dock also. The inside decorations at the Crab House are simply incredible and it takes a lot to awe me. Again though, a little pricey. Most of our group really prefer the divey type joints of which there are a ton of. Especially next door in Port Charlotte. And they are all MoCo friendly. I usually just go to the fancier places when entertaining out of town friends or relatives.

Last edited by pussywhipped; 01-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Yeah, Harpoon Harrys! Great place to relax with a cold drink and snack while the wife does her part to stimulate the economy at those shops in the village.

You're in a great area, not many people can make it to Key West quicker on their boat than their bike.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

fafcpa wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just accept it. MoCo is used universally just as H-D is.

Fred
fafcpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.