HOG Mileage Program : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > Harley-Davidson Owners Group (MOCO Friendly)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

hdsplace wants to know Dino or Syn?
HOG Mileage Program

bought 2005 FLHTCUI new. have orginal title showing 000015 miles, just clocked 101,865. Will dealer ok the mileage for 100000 mile patch if not previously enrolled.
hdsplace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

huskerbob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsplace View Post
bought 2005 FLHTCUI new. have orginal title showing 000015 miles, just clocked 101,865. Will dealer ok the mileage for 100000 mile patch if not previously enrolled.
here's an idea that's so crazy it just might work.................take your paper work and go ask em

(i gotta pay closer attention......G-Man said so)

"RUBS Forever Forever RUBS"
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
What is the 100,000 patch? I have 99,100 miles on my bike now so I'll soon be passing the 100,000 mile mark. I bought it new from the dealer and the dealer has done all the maintenance on the bike, so they know me and that I rode those miles.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
What is the 100,000 patch? I have 99,100 miles on my bike now so I'll soon be passing the 100,000 mile mark. I bought it new from the dealer and the dealer has done all the maintenance on the bike, so they know me and that I rode those miles.
just a "patch" with HOG Mileage logo, you get banners to go under it at 5K, 10K, 15K....
think I'll ask the dealer in Stateville, they know me also.
The dealer "Carolina" died in bike wreck couple years back, shop out of business now.
thats where I bought this bike.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
just a "patch" with HOG Mileage logo, you get banners to go under it at 5K, 10K, 15K....
think I'll ask the dealer in Stateville, they know me also.
The dealer "Carolina" died in bike wreck couple years back, shop out of business now.
thats where I bought this bike.
OK boys, you're making this too hard for yourselves........... here's the deal. The mileage program is run by H.O.G. Once you're a national H.O.G. member and have enrolled in the mileage program, you get any HD dealer to complete the mileage form you get from H.O.G and fax it in to H.O.G. The will send you the appropriate patch(s) at no charge.

Here's a link to enroll.................http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_CA

If the link doesn't get you there, Google "HOG Mileage Program".

Once you're there just follow the instructions. Remember, you HAVE to be a paid national HOG member to participate.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
OK boys, you're making this too hard for yourselves........... here's the deal. The mileage program is run by H.O.G. Once you're a national H.O.G. member and have enrolled in the mileage program, you get any HD dealer to complete the mileage form you get from H.O.G and fax it in to H.O.G. The will send you the appropriate patch(s) at no charge.

Here's a link to enroll.................http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_CA

If the link doesn't get you there, Google "HOG Mileage Program".

Once you're there just follow the instructions. Remember, you HAVE to be a paid national HOG member to participate.
The important thing is right now you are starting from zero unless you enrolled when you bought back when it showed only 15 miles. If you did not enroll then you won't get the patch and have to start from zero. All that was explained in your H.O.G. membership packet. It has nothing to do with the miles you logged prior to enrolling even if they can be verified. The 101,865 miles you have now will be your starting point and not count as accumulated miles.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

HOG mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
The important thing is right now you are starting from zero unless you enrolled when you bought back when it showed only 15 miles. If you did not enroll then you won't get the patch and have to start from zero. All that was explained in your H.O.G. membership packet. It has nothing to do with the miles you logged prior to enrolling even if they can be verified. The 101,865 miles you have now will be your starting point and not count as accumulated miles.
you know what.............you're exactly right!

what the fugg was i thinkin

Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

HOG miles

You guys are all correct. I checked it out and the dealer said no.
I have the 101K on the 05 and 54K on a 02 fltr, traded in my 96 ultra with 98K on the 05....know what? A patch cannot begin to tell the stories and fun I have had in those miles. ride on forever.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Iron Butt

DAKSY wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hmmm. I never even heard of the mileage program until last year, so I couldn't enroll in something i didn't know about. I got the forms, wrote down the totals from my last three HDs & the dealer submitted the paperwork to National HOG. Got the patches & pins for both the GF & me...

14 Limited Charcoal Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
PGR # 492
PGRNY-5 Ride Captain

DAKSY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I have the 101K on the 05 and 54K on a 02 fltr, traded in my 96 ultra with 98K on the 05....know what? A patch cannot begin to tell the stories and fun I have had in those miles. ride on forever.
Exactly! That is why I have never enrolled. I would be closing in on 80,000 miles if I had. I don't wear a vest or anything with patches on them so it would just be another patch to add to my collection of patches that just sit in my drawer.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 07-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Glad to hear you decided the patch wasn't that important.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Good thing I read all the posts first. I was about to post the exact same reply I already posted. Getting old sure sucks!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

HogDreamer wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Sorry but this is not true, at least not anymore. Can't remember which issue of the HOG magazine addressed this but it did state that IF you bought the bike new and still own the same bike, you can take it to the dealer and have the mileage verified from zero to whatever it currently reads. Yes, I know the mileage application states otherwise but it doesn't matter.

Took my application and bike to the dealer I purchased it at and had the current mileage written down on the application. In my case it was slightly over 60,000 on an 2008 Harley.

I sent the application in to the HOG mileage program and a few weeks later I received all the mileage patches from 1,000 to 60,000. Plus the mileage pins too.

So, yes you can get credit for all the mileage in the HOG mileage program if you still own the bike purchased new. Oh, and the dealership salesman didn't think it would work either but guess what? They don't know everything even though they act like they do!
HogDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDreamer View Post
Sorry but this is not true, at least not anymore. Can't remember which issue of the HOG magazine addressed this but it did state that IF you bought the bike new and still own the same bike, you can take it to the dealer and have the mileage verified from zero to whatever it currently reads. Yes, I know the mileage application states otherwise but it doesn't matter.

Took my application and bike to the dealer I purchased it at and had the current mileage written down on the application. In my case it was slightly over 60,000 on an 2008 Harley.

I sent the application in to the HOG mileage program and a few weeks later I received all the mileage patches from 1,000 to 60,000. Plus the mileage pins too.

So, yes you can get credit for all the mileage in the HOG mileage program if you still own the bike purchased new. Oh, and the dealership salesman didn't think it would work either but guess what? They don't know everything even though they act like they do!
Having not seen the issue you refer to I can only take your word for it. Perhaps the rules have changed or perhaps your dealer bent the rules.

Okay, I just checked on the H.O.G. website. Unless you can show where it says the rules have changed you are wrong. Perhaps your dealer did bend the rules for you. Looking at the website there is no mention of a rule change but there is the following,"Important note: Each motorcycle must be enrolled prior to accumulating miles in the program." Evidently the salesman evidently did know what he was talking about! A log in is required so in addition to posting a link, I have copied and pasted the requirements below.

Your “official H.O.G. miles” will start adding up quickly. Awards begin at just 1,000 miles, with additional awards earned at 5,000 miles, 10,000 miles, and beyond. All just for the fun of riding your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle!

*Participation is offered exclusively to all active H.O.G. members.
*Program covers only Harley-Davidson and Buell® motorcycles.
*Enroll by completing a Mileage Program form available at your local Harley-Davidson dealership, in the My Membership section of members.hog.com, or by calling 1-800-CLUBHOG (1-800-258-2464).
*Your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and current mileage must be on the form.
*All forms must be endorsed by a Harley-Davidson dealer.
*Important note: Each motorcycle must be enrolled prior to accumulating miles in the program.
*Harley-Davidson® Authorized Rentals mileage may be credited by submitting a copy of the contract indicating mileage.

https://members.hog.com/website/take...ge_program.jsp

Last edited by utrvp; 08-31-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Update!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

OneBlackFly wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just: 1) be a HOG member, 2) enroll in mileage program, and 3) certify mileage with dealer (2 and 3 can be done together on same HOG form). Enjoy.
OneBlackFly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.