Beating a dead horse: Elvis FXR parts - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #76 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
Yes I did. My intention was first bring to light Mr. Elvis sales tactic's. And point out that FXR parts are not as hard to find as everyone seams to think. There is a lot of new FXR owners that drop in here. I thought it would just get lost with more interesting threads. And like I said when I first posted. Beating a dead horse. Let talk about what we have done with our bikes. Where we have rode lately. Something. Ken
Ken, my point was to say you started the thread, and just because you and Beardo are bored with it doesn't mean it's going away that easily.

You have been a member since Oct, and I don't know if you were reading this forum before that or not, but the Elvis subject has come up many, many times before. Always with the same opinions about his business practices.

And you are right about the parts not being that hard to find. But does everyone have access to those parts or even know how to find them?

Ebay is a great tool. But it can also be, for lack of a better word, EVIL!

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
IronButt

JamesButler wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXR Nut View Post
I will mention another seller that has followed his lead (onefastfxr) is another ebay seller that was reasonable in the beginning but now has E's price list in hand..
Simple, just don't buy from these retards, it's so easy to beat their prices it's a no brainer..

Now that you mention it, "onefastfxr" is getting to be just as bad as "Elvis", price-wise anyway. Was going to mention it in my first response to this thread but didn't want to detract from the singular focus of "E" bashing.
JamesButler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesButler View Post
Now that you mention it, "onefastfxr" is getting to be just as bad as "Elvis", price-wise anyway. Was going to mention it in my first response to this thread but didn't want to detract from the singular focus of "E" bashing.
There you go, JamesButler! You just answered the people that asked why we have a problem with Elvis' prices, and how does it effect us when we don't have to buy from him.

Like I said before, sellers have know idea what their FXR parts are worth. So they go on ebay to get an idea. They see Elvis' prices...and they now think their parts are gold.

That's why swap meets and the like are such a good place to buy parts. A lot of the sellers don't even know what the part fits. They just know a used seat is worth $50, a narrow glide frontend $150, etc.

I've bought all my FXR parts at the swap meet, and was more then happy with what I paid.

Problem is, a lot of guys don't have a swap meet near them, don't have the time or maybe the knowledge, or even the desire to root through boxes of stuff.

So what other option do you have?

Ebay!

And we all know who has the FXR market on Ebay.

~Pete
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Well, thanks to this thread, I finally registered with ebay. I'll have to figure out how this all works. I tried to register a bid on an fxr luggage rack that was offered at a good price (not from Elvis), but every time I put in a bid that was one dollar higher than the last one I was instantly "outbid". So I've got some work to do.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #80 (permalink)
IronButt

1970pelle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
Ken, my point was to say you started the thread, and just because you and Beardo are bored with it doesn't mean it's going away that easily.

You have been a member since Oct, and I don't know if you were reading this forum before that or not, but the Elvis subject has come up many, many times before. Always with the same opinions about his business practices.

And you are right about the parts not being that hard to find. But does everyone have access to those parts or even know how to find them?

Ebay is a great tool. But it can also be, for lack of a better word, EVIL!

~Pete
Pete I think most of you guys need to chill out a bit. Yea our bikes are cool and all the other stuff. But I would take my Shovel over the FXR everyday of the week. I didn't come here to cause trouble. I don't believe I need to perform a search before I post a topic (within reason). Like the great Steve Martin would say."well excuse me" I loved that. I'm a reasonable guy. I have some worthwhile knowledge left in this damaged brain of mine. Ask me someday to tell about my bike crash in 2006. Yes I saw the way the thread was going and wished I hadn't typed one letter of it. But doggone it,that type of stuff really gets to me. I hate being ripped off and seeing or hearing of someone being ripped of or taken. I didn't get this gray hair for nothing. Ken
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #81 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
Pot...Kettle...Black...
That's all you got? It doesn't even make sense for you. Thanks for trying out, but I'm done with you here.

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #82 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Pete I think most of you guys need to chill out a bit. Yea our bikes are cool and all the other stuff. But I would take my Shovel over the FXR everyday of the week. I didn't come here to cause trouble. I don't believe I need to perform a search before I post a topic (within reason). Like the great Steve Martin would say."well excuse me" I loved that. I'm a reasonable guy. I have some worthwhile knowledge left in this damaged brain of mine. Ask me someday to tell about my bike crash in 2006. Yes I saw the way the thread was going and wished I hadn't typed one letter of it. But doggone it,that type of stuff really gets to me. I hate being ripped off and seeing or hearing of someone being ripped of or taken. I didn't get this gray hair for nothing. Ken
Ken, I wasn't on your ass about anything. The majority of the posts were supporting what you said in your first post. I also didn't say you needed to do a search before posting. I was merely telling you this has been a long sore subject for a lot of people, and it would probably take a while to run it's course whether or not you and Beardo were bored with it or not.

You shouldn't be sorry you started the thread. As you can see, with almost 80 posts, most everyone agrees with you.

And no, you didn't cause any trouble, your posts are as good as the next guys.

~Pete

Last edited by BigPeet; 01-26-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #83 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

springer- is still riding a stock bike springer- is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Well, thanks to this thread, I finally registered with ebay. I'll have to figure out how this all works. I tried to register a bid on an fxr luggage rack that was offered at a good price (not from Elvis), but every time I put in a bid that was one dollar higher than the last one I was instantly "outbid". So I've got some work to do.
It's called proxy bidding. Say the items starting bid is $10 and someone finds the item and decides they want it. They first decide how much they are willing to pay. Say it is worth $50 to them. They bid $50 on the item but the starting bid is only $10. The bid doesn't immediately go to $50 since no one is bidding against them. Then you come along and decide you want the item and you are willing to pay $11 for it. So you bid $11. The first bidder has a proxy bid that can go up to $50 in this example. So as soon as you bid $11, the proxy bidder places a bid on behalf of the first bidder for the next minimum bid amount, in this example that would be $12. If you had bid $25 then the proxy bid would bid $26 and so on until you hit the guy maximum bid of $50. So if you bid say $75 then it would place the bid at $51 and you would then have the proxy bid upto you maximum of $75.

IMO the best way to bid on anything is to use a snipper program and place the maximum bid you are willing to pay in the last 6 seconds of the auction. Then you will either win it or someone else will pay more than you are willing too. This is a lot less stressfull on items you may really want and it keeps the cost down by not promoting bidding.

Check out Ride of the Month

207-621-8089
springer- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #84 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer- View Post
It's called proxy bidding. Say the items starting bid is $10 and someone finds the item and decides they want it. They first decide how much they are willing to pay. Say it is worth $50 to them. They bid $50 on the item but the starting bid is only $10. The bid doesn't immediately go to $50 since no one is bidding against them. Then you come along and decide you want the item and you are willing to pay $11 for it. So you bid $11. The first bidder has a proxy bid that can go up to $50 in this example. So as soon as you bid $11, the proxy bidder places a bid on behalf of the first bidder for the next minimum bid amount, in this example that would be $12. If you had bid $25 then the proxy bid would bid $26 and so on until you hit the guy maximum bid of $50. So if you bid say $75 then it would place the bid at $51 and you would then have the proxy bid upto you maximum of $75.

IMO the best way to bid on anything is to use a snipper program and place the maximum bid you are willing to pay in the last 6 seconds of the auction. Then you will either win it or someone else will pay more than you are willing too. This is a lot less stressfull on items you may really want and it keeps the cost down by not promoting bidding.
It gets kinda fun sometimes too.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #85 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
FWIW, I agree with Pete's post 82.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer- View Post

Thanks for the info. I've learned a lot about how ebay works in the last day. I'll get the hang of it.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #87 (permalink)
IronButt

beardo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
That's all you got? It doesn't even make sense for you. Thanks for trying out, but I'm done with you here.

joe
That's all it took???

I'm one lucky bastard!!!!!!
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #88 (permalink)
FNG :)

Leeh337 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Beating a dead horse: Elvis FXR parts

Elvis is a ****! **** him!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Leeh337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #89 (permalink)
FNG :)

capnfred wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have to agree, as long as it makes the wheels go round, dont care, I have a 3 phase stator and regulator...came off a 00 something...as for elvis, I asked him if was interested in my custom FXR tank, no dings.... no rust...he offered me $70.00, when I told him that he had just sold one like it in worse condition for $600 or so..... he told me that he did not really sell his stuff, just collected in case he needed it for a build....the only scary thing is that eventually he will be the only seller on ebay.... he buys it as soon as a good deal shows up.....then marks it up...... so guess we FXR riders have to be creative... make **** work that isn't FXR specific.....

Capn
capnfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #90 (permalink)
IronButt

JamesButler wants to know Dino or Syn?
Couldn't Resist

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP7114-NEW-H...3fb029&vxp=mtr

Does this come with a quart of oil, so it won't hurt as much going in, or when I sit down?
JamesButler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.