Sneak peak at my new pipe from Steve's Performance Fabrication (SPF) - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsch58 View Post
These guys make a nice pipe for FXR's $399.00

http://holeshotchoppers.com/pipes/
http://www.pbmotorsports.com/CoatingPrices.htm

Add another $155 for super ceramic coating and you have $554 in a pipe that I think looks better than a ThunderHeader and has the dyno chart to show it performs better.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
IronButt

Krowbar wants to know Dino or Syn?
Really not a fan of that hole shot one honestly. Looks kind of like a baseball bat. To each their own. Super stoked on the pipe when it get's here. Looks super stealth mode. It will be a great convo piece in my opinion too. Especially when so many people in my area rock Thunderheaders. Will hopefully get it in the mail and installed later this week or early next week to show it off. Not sure if I have a camera that will capture the sound of it well. I have heard sound clips of it with a decent camera, and it truly does sound a little more burly than a TH.

1985 FXRS: Dyna 2000 ICM, Twin Tec II Single Fire, Mikuni HSR 42mm carb, S&S intake, Progressive 11.5" rear springs, progressive front sprigs, SPF Lightningheader exhaust and bars, rebuilt front forks with brace (lowered back to 25.5"), Arlen Ness fairing, all new electrical, shyt-ton of powder coating etc. etc.
Krowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
IronButt

Throttle_Jockey wants to know Dino or Syn?
How about you throw up a pic of the bike now

Throttle_Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #64 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle_Jockey View Post
How about you throw up a pic of the bike now
Haven't received it yet, brother. Should be here later this week and will take pics as soon as I get it.

1985 FXRS: Dyna 2000 ICM, Twin Tec II Single Fire, Mikuni HSR 42mm carb, S&S intake, Progressive 11.5" rear springs, progressive front sprigs, SPF Lightningheader exhaust and bars, rebuilt front forks with brace (lowered back to 25.5"), Arlen Ness fairing, all new electrical, shyt-ton of powder coating etc. etc.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #65 (permalink)
IronButt

That's cool I was just wondering how much it has changed since your sig pic

Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
IronButt

Any updated pics with the new pipe?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
IronButt

1970pelle wants to know Dino or Syn?
I keep checking on this new pipe. Has anyone heard from Mr. Krowbar? Is he allright ? Ken
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #68 (permalink)
IronButt

I was wondering the same thing?

Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #69 (permalink)
IronButt

tonyrader wants to know Dino or Syn?
ya I have been sitting reading for a while.. it's been a month... I was wondering what happend to this thread..
'V-CHARGER' High Performance Air Intake
NGK BPR5EIX11 Iridium Spark Plug.
tonyrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
IronButt

Sorry Gents. Been busy. My focus went to guns the past month with the whole BS scare thing going on. Pays to know how to build an AR in a couple hours time... haha

I have the exhaust on for the most part, but the guy who built it built it on an 89 FXR and the mount needed to be a little bit different He took car of me and Now I just have to put the bracket on and find where I put those little springs. Bike is still not buttoned up as you can see. But here is a quick glance of it mounted for the most part.

Let me know what you think? I will work on getting it buttoned up here soon and try to get some sound clips and maybe some dyno runs with it too.

Thank you!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
IronButt

Throttle Jockey, how the hell did you mount the front 1/4 fairing on your bike? I bought the Arlen Ness relocation bracket and it is a complete POS. I can;'t figure out how it works for one, secondly, it doesn't look like it will put it up far enough or far enough forward to fit in the fairing's hole correctly even if I could get it to mount to the brow correctly, too.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
IronButt

1970pelle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Man.Take a hour and clean your work area up. Your poor bikes having to live in such conditions. Shame on you. Pipe is looking good. Need to hear it. Record it while riding. KA
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #73 (permalink)
IronButt

Don't worry about my work space in environment. It's my grandfather's old ass garage my folks let go. I live in an apartment and we're doing a lot to 3 different bikes. After I button this bike up were totally re-doing the garage to accommodate gun builds and bike builds. haha

Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
IronButt

beardo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
Man.Take a hour and clean your work area up. Your poor bikes having to live in such conditions. Shame on you. Pipe is looking good. Need to hear it. Record it while riding. KA
Get real man! Worry about your own space!! Jagoff.....
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #75 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowbar View Post
Throttle Jockey, how the hell did you mount the front 1/4 fairing on your bike? I bought the Arlen Ness relocation bracket and it is a complete POS. I can;'t figure out how it works for one, secondly, it doesn't look like it will put it up far enough or far enough forward to fit in the fairing's hole correctly even if I could get it to mount to the brow correctly, too.
I had to build a custom mount for mine. When I get in from work I'll get some pics for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement