FXR t-shirts - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

76_iron wants to know Dino or Syn?
I like 1 the best.
76_iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

1970pelle wants to know Dino or Syn?
I take what ever is decided on. Waiting on check out instructions. Good job Monkey Boy!! Ken
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

monkeyboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
That IS better.

Are you taking orders here, or just scouting things out?

joe
You're right, it looks a lot better. Props to ALAY191 for the initial suggestion and the suggestion for revising it. I'd be a lot poorer as a graphic designer. I will be taking orders soon, just not sure when but, I'll let everyone know. With Xmas around the corner and bills piling in, and t-shirt weather really isn't for a few more months for a lot of us, it may be late Jan. or early Feb. unless I get some more takers. I really don't want to do one or two at a time.

Michael, I know what you mean about having too many t-shirts but, I think I can squeeze one or two more in.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
You're right, it looks a lot better. Props to ALAY191 for the initial suggestion and the suggestion for revising it. I'd be a lot poorer as a graphic designer. I will be taking orders soon, just not sure when but, I'll let everyone know. With Xmas around the corner and bills piling in, and t-shirt weather really isn't for a few more months for a lot of us, it may be late Jan. or early Feb. unless I get some more takers. I really don't want to do one or two at a time.

Michael, I know what you mean about having too many t-shirts but, I think I can squeeze one or two more in.
I don't blame you. Don't let us turn you into a cat herder. At least, not without a surcharge.

Are you gonna make everyone boil it down to a single style? Or do 3 of these, 4 of those, etc?

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Are you gonna make everyone boil it down to a single style? Or do 3 of these, 4 of those, etc?

joe
I'm going to narrow it down to one style or logo and either with or without a pocket. It's too expensive to do individual logos. I couldn't find the font that Gretsch wanted but, I did come up with another one you all might recognize.

Of course I'd have to double the price!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TSHIRT LOGOElvis.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	75105  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm not convinced embroidery is the way to go. My experience with embroidery on a t-shirt has been less then desireable. It's hard to get the detail you'd get with a screen print or DTG print, especially being small. It usually puckers (even with the backing) with the t-shirt being so thin. And how many washings will it hold up to?

A heavy patch for a jacket or vest would hold up better in my opinion.

I'm out of town for the next day or two, but when I get back I'll post a picture of the shirt I had made. It's picture #1, 14" wide, on the front of an ash grey t-shirt.

It was done at Big Frog's on a DTG (direct to garment) printer. I've had a number of shirts done the DTG method. The print is softer and holds up better then screen printing. But the best part is there is no set-up fee and you only have to buy one. The store near me doesn't do black shirts, but a lot of the stores do. s-xl is $15.99. larger sizes are $18.99, with an extra 5 bucks for printing on both sides. The more you buy, the cheaper they get.

~Pete

Last edited by BigPeet; 12-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I'm going to narrow it down to one style or logo and either with or without a pocket. It's too expensive to do individual logos. I couldn't find the font that Gretsch wanted but, I did come up with another one you all might recognize.

Of course I'd have to double the price!
That's an instant classic. Triple it!

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
I'm not convinced embroidery is the way to go. My experience with embroidery on a t-shirt has been less then desireable. It's hard to get the detail you'd get with a screen print or DTG print, especially being small. It usually puckers (even with the backing) with the t-shirt being so thin. And how many washings will it hold up to?

A heavy patch for a jacket or vest would hold up better in my opinion.

I'm out of town for the next day or two, but when I get back I'll post a picture of the shirt I had made. It's picture #1, 14" wide, on the front of an ash grey t-shirt.

It was done at Big Frog's on a DTG (direct to garment) printer. I've had a number of shirts done the DTG method. The print is softer and holds up better then screen printing. But the best part is there is no set-up fee and you only have to buy one. The store near me doesn't do black shirts, but a lot of the stores do. s-xl is $15.99. larger sizes are $18.99, with an extra 5 bucks for printing on both sides. The more you buy, the cheaper they get.

~Pete
Now there's some worthwhile input.

I'm still really wanting a patch.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
FNG :)

Ozoneye wants to know Dino or Syn?
hey I like #1 but the bar/shield fxr-cult is really cool. if you go ahead I'll be in but you have to get to make trip to post office (i'v heard thats dicey in the states).
Ozoneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

tussuck wants to know Dino or Syn?
Put me down for whatever you decide! I'm subscribed now!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
D.L.R.A #1174
tussuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

I think at this point I'm going to hold off until we hear from BigPeet. It was his idea originally and he seems to have a better source for printing options. I'll agree that embroidery is probably not the way to go on t-shirts. Patches yes, shirts maybe not. I am going to contact a guy that does some work for us about stickers so keep that in mind. Until we hear from BigPeet my end of this project is on hold.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Sounds good. We'll be here.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Motorhead

Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this? Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm right there with BigPete. Embroidered T-shirts don't hold up well. The more detail in the threads the worse it weathers. I have a really nice button up shirt that had some stuff stitched across the shoulders, it held up well because of the weave of the material. Same stitching on a polo shirt made of T type material was a disaster. So if you really want embroidered shirts, we need to upgrade the shirt.

I'm thinking silk screened is the way to go with the T's and save the embroidery for patches.

With that said, I would screen #1 across the back and then use #2 just above the pocket/pocket area.

If nothing else, it's good to keep refining the logo's. We really need to set up a data store where we can put the tiff files and save this stuff where people can get to it. You artistic types are working with tiff quality files, not the jpegs we see on the forum?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Swas wants to know Dino or Syn?
Will these be available for the U.K,if yes I'll be in for a couple,would have a hoody aswell if theyre done aswell.
Swas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I should have a picture of mine on here by tommorow.

IMO the bar and sheild take-off has been overdone. You see that on everything.

For anyone that doesn't know, #2 & 3 are a take-off's of the name tag on the fork cover of some FXR's. I just thought it would be kind of a cool inside thing that only FXR guys would know. Oh yea, I have a bumper sticker of #2.

And we haven't decided yet...I'm sure there are some more good ideas still out there.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement