Big decision to make...need some advice from the FXR guys - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Wow again! Pretend you are standing in front of dozens of bikers and spouting your nonsense instead of sitting behind the computer, because they're all laughin' at you!

125mph on your shovel. You know that because at that speed you looked over at your buddies speedometer? Was that when you were racing the LTD?

Yea, and my FXR is black with a windshield just like that Hemi Challenger and Lamborghini.

We figured out the ADIOS MF thing ourselves...you might have to help me with the small block chevy clone comment.

It's always good to hit the Preview Post button and reread your posts. Because once you hit that Submit Reply button it's there for hundreds to see.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

chilsam wants to know Dino or Syn?
I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
Wow again! Pretend you are standing in front of dozens of bikers and spouting your nonsense instead of sitting behind the computer, because they're all laughin' at you!

125mph on your shovel. You know that because at that speed you looked over at your buddies speedometer? Was that when you were racing the LTD?

Yea, and my FXR is black with a windshield just like that Hemi Challenger and Lamborghini.

We figured out the ADIOS MF thing ourselves...you might have to help me with the small block chevy clone comment.

It's always good to hit the Preview Post button and reread your posts. Because once you hit that Submit Reply button it's there for hundreds to see.

~Pete
..what I'm saying and you THINK your one? "WANNABE" maybe as MIRACULOUS MUTHA would say GOOGLE that! I'm NOT saying ANYTHING here that I wouldn't say in front of YOU or anybody else I'm just stating FACTS that happened if you don't BELIEVE them I could CARE less.ADDRESS what I said about the mechanical similarities in the engines GOOGLE that! GOOGLE CLONE! :coffee :I did the whole CLUB seen until our PREZ was tied up and plastic bag put over his head and SHOT in the head with 2 diff guns all over DOPE territory. I said PHYK that CH*T and GREW UP!
chilsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

I know...

Quote:

~Pete
..what I'm saying and you THINK your one? "WANNABE" maybe as MIRACULOUS MUTHA would say GOOGLE that! I'm NOT saying ANYTHING here that I wouldn't say in front of YOU or anybody else I'm just stating FACTS that happened if you don't BELIEVE them I could CARE less.ADDRESS what I said about the mechanical similarities in the engines GOOGLE that! GOOGLE CLONE! I did the whole CLUB seen until our PREZ was tied up and plastic bag put over his head and SHOT in the head with 2 diff guns all over DOPE territory. I said PHYK that CH*T and GREW UP!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
IronButt

Uh Oh! You already forgot to hit the Preview Post button.

The more you post, the sillier you look.

~Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

springer- is still riding a stock bike springer- is still riding a stock bike
It is time to get back on topic. Leave the personal attacks out of it.
springer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer- View Post
10-4 Big Daddy! I apologize. I'll zip it!

~Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #67 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Point made springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer- View Post
I equate debating him to counting the wrinkles on my dogs NUTSAK ....POINTLESS .I just prefer the SHOVEL FXR of which mine has been VERY VERY GOOD TO ME!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Believe it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilsam View Post
back in 85 broke my speedo "85mph" looked over at his said 120 to 125 mph.I havent been able to get the cable to not BIND at the speedo because of gas tank on mine BUUT I do KNOW my feet want to come off the forward control pegs and front end gets light before I say F it and STILL have about a 1/4 to 1/3 of throttle left OOO and stripped down Road Kings are NO problem.I've outgrown that tho and am LOOKING for some FXRT clamshells and mounts .....ANY out there????
The 2nd time I went to San Diego I KNEW the signs in UTAH on 70 meant what they said one mileage sign said SALINAS 101 miles NO services and they MEAN it only RANCH EXITS.I pulled into there 56 minutes later as you come into town there is a guardrail separating the east west lanes and a pretty STEEP grade I passed a trooper as I was going down west "IN" and he was heading east "UP" I thought NOTHING of it and kept going "GUARDRAIL" well he got turned around and CAUGHT me at the 1st gas station I had stopped at and wrote me a ticket for doing 80 in a 55 he said "I KNOW" you were going faster but the guardrail messed his radar signal up??? I promised to mail the fine and he let me go with a SLOW THE HELL DOWN!....I did mail it in I had to go back that way in 2 weeks....KARMA!LUV DAT SHOVEL!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #69 (permalink)
IronButt

ALAY191 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
The 2nd time I went to San Diego I KNEW the signs in UTAH on 70 meant what they said one mileage sign said SALINAS 101 miles NO services and they MEAN it only RANCH EXITS.I pulled into there 56 minutes later as you come into town there is a guardrail separating the east west lanes and a pretty STEEP grade I passed a trooper as I was going down west "IN" and he was heading east "UP" I thought NOTHING of it and kept going "GUARDRAIL" well he got turned around and CAUGHT me at the 1st gas station I had stopped at and wrote me a ticket for doing 80 in a 55 he said "I KNOW" you were going faster but the guardrail messed his radar signal up??? I promised to mail the fine and he let me go with a SLOW THE HELL DOWN!....I did mail it in I had to go back that way in 2 weeks....KARMA!LUV DAT SHOVEL!
my reading comprehension sucks ... are you saying you did 101 miles in 56 minutes on your Shovel?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
That's impressive. My calculator says you averaged 108.21mph at almost 5000rpm for 56 minutes. I always said those 'ol Shovelheads were tough!

~Pete

P.S. I believe you and I'm trying to be nice...so please don't reply with a negative post.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #71 (permalink)
IronButt

Are you steppin' on my toes again Al?

~Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #72 (permalink)
IronButt

ALAY191 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Are you steppin' on my toes again Al?

~Pete
not my fault you got big flippers
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #73 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAY191 View Post
my reading comprehension sucks ... are you saying you did 101 miles in 56 minutes on your Shovel?
Did you forget? ...... it's a hemi-head!
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Motorhead

Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this? Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Lets change the subject for just a moment.

You all do know that hemi chambers suck? Right?
Takes dual plugs to make em burn right on a shovel. Or you can cut a big ole fire slot across the piston dome.

Chrysler hemi's make power because of the ports and valve angles, not the chambers. And they knew it at the time. But the only way they could make the big valves and ports work was with hemi chambers. Casting techniques with iron were not what they are today with aluminum. Ford ran into the same issues and ended up with hemi chambers. GM managed to actually make the next step, but it took them several tries to get it right with the mk4's.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #75 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodyne View Post
Lets change the subject for just a moment.

You all do know that hemi chambers suck? Right?
Takes dual plugs to make em burn right on a shovel. Or you can cut a big ole fire slot across the piston dome.

Chrysler hemi's make power because of the ports and valve angles, not the chambers. And they knew it at the time. But the only way they could make the big valves and ports work was with hemi chambers. Casting techniques with iron were not what they are today with aluminum. Ford ran into the same issues and ended up with hemi chambers. GM managed to actually make the next step, but it took them several tries to get it right with the mk4's.
Yep, I did know that. Hemi heads were around since before the first Harley. 1900 or 1901 I think. Lots of European cars used them long before the 426ci Hemi. They were never known as a performance motor until then. In fact the old 392ci Hemi was never much of a performance engine. Engines have come a long way since the '60's muscle cars. The new Chevy 6.2 SC puts out 580hp and gets 19mpg hwy. And that's with a warrantee!

In fact I've never heard of the Shovehead being a performance motor because of the hemi-heads. But I have heard of the dual plug heads to wake up their potential.

~Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement