So you want a deal on an FXR - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowbar View Post
That Elvis guy is absurd!

I just sold him some chrome rear struts for $90. off of E-bay, saw him re-post them for $169.

I hate dealing with him....

What's sad is that I bought a fuel sending unit for him ....
I believe it's called the 'free enterprise system' ....

We all have choices .....
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

ALAY191 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
I doubt he will get even $500 for it. The value is in the title and frame and the motor is probably only good for parts. He'll be very lucky to find someone close by who wants it. My guess is he will hold out for awhile and then it will probably end up in some salvage yard.
take a look at these motors sell for

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

and frames

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_adv=..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

Last edited by ALAY191; 11-16-2012 at 01:25 PM.
ALAY191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Motorhead

Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this? Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsch58 View Post
+1! A little soap and water goes a long way. But 2300 bucks??
I did look close. Me thinks that he just chucked the motor and tranny case up in the frame. No primary visible. The upper mount is not on it and it appears that the rear rocker box might be ajar. At any rate, it it has been sitting as long as it looks too, and open to the air and cold, it is probable little more than a core. In this part of the county things don't store well unless they are somewhere heated. Judging from the tire, that thing has been sitting for a long time.

Nasty looking non running 74 inch shovel motors were bringing $500 at Carlisle last summer. People were buying em to polish up and use as displays. One guy was selling nice polished wooden stands to set them on. If my back hadn't been hurting so bad, I might have bought one. I think it would look cool in the man cave.

Clean titled frames were $600-1000. Must have been 50 of em there that I saw. I looked at a fair looking titled 84 frame for $400 back in August. I didn't buy it, I just don't see much call for FXR frames.

I also think that if this guy had a title, he would have said so in the ad.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

Krowbar wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post

I wasn't saying it was illegal. I just know he has to eat a lot of money with ebay listing money because I see hundreds of his adds not sell. he has a lot of stuff, but Pinwall (?) has a lot of OEM parts for cheap on there.

I got my FXR for $4150 shipped from AZ to Southern Oregon.

1985 FXRS: Dyna 2000 ICM, Twin Tec II Single Fire, Mikuni HSR 42mm carb, S&S intake, Progressive 11.5" rear springs, progressive front sprigs, SPF Lightningheader exhaust and bars, rebuilt front forks with brace (lowered back to 25.5"), Arlen Ness fairing, all new electrical, shyt-ton of powder coating etc. etc.
Krowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAY191 View Post
Only things missing are oil line to rockers $30 and pushrods with tubes. thats another 200 if you had to buy solid lifter kit, pushrods and covers. I can sell that motor for 1500 if it turns over and has good numbers.
ever look to see what harley titled frames bring these days? why spend 2k on Chopper Guys frame and still have to title it ASPT when you can build harley titled bike. That frame will bring easy 1200 in todays market.
rear wheel with rotor and caliper? I can use one right now and thats another 100 or 2 depending on condition.
Hmmm...you got me thinking, Al. I've got $3100 invested in my bike. If tear it all down into little pieces, scrub them clean of course, sell them all seperately, I should have enough to buy the one owner, low mileage, never been in the rain or in a pursuit FXRP that I have been dreaming of...and still have money left over for the Super Buffet! Oh, maybe that's what the King does (except for that scrubbing them clean part).

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
Hmmm...you got me thinking, Al. I've got $3100 invested in my bike. If tear it all down into little pieces, scrub them clean of course, sell them all seperately, I should have enough to buy the one owner, low mileage, never been in the rain or in a pursuit FXRP that I have been dreaming of...and still have money left over for the Super Buffet! Oh, maybe that's what the King does (except for that scrubbing them clean part).

~Pete
ever notice how much FXRP stuff Elvis is selling? I bet he goes to every police auction in the Western states.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodyne View Post
I did look close. Me thinks that he just chucked the motor and tranny case up in the frame. No primary visible. The upper mount is not on it and it appears that the rear rocker box might be ajar. At any rate, it it has been sitting as long as it looks too, and open to the air and cold, it is probable little more than a core. In this part of the county things don't store well unless they are somewhere heated. Judging from the tire, that thing has been sitting for a long time.

Nasty looking non running 74 inch shovel motors were bringing $500 at Carlisle last summer. People were buying em to polish up and use as displays. One guy was selling nice polished wooden stands to set them on. If my back hadn't been hurting so bad, I might have bought one. I think it would look cool in the man cave.

Clean titled frames were $600-1000. Must have been 50 of em there that I saw. I looked at a fair looking titled 84 frame for $400 back in August. I didn't buy it, I just don't see much call for FXR frames.

I also think that if this guy had a title, he would have said so in the ad.
I need to come up to Carlisle. Those prices are 1/2 of what I see in FL and 1/3 of SoCal.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Motorhead

Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this? Thermodyne is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Carlisle has big event's, lots of stuff, lot of people. People in the area scrounge up stuff just to sell there. Some of it's high end, and some not. And some of it's actually in the parking lot. People bring stuff to trade and late in the day you can walk the lot and get some deals.

There's an Antique scooter swap meet just up the road in Harrisburg this Sunday. I might go take a look and see what they have.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Carlisle has big event's, lots of stuff, lot of people. People in the area scrounge up stuff just to sell there. Some of it's high end, and some not. And some of it's actually in the parking lot. People bring stuff to trade and late in the day you can walk the lot and get some deals.

There's an Antique scooter swap meet just up the road in Harrisburg this Sunday. I might go take a look and see what they have.
I had no idea ...
where in Carlisle is it? I used to drive thru that area a lot.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Motorhead

Quote:
I had no idea ...
where in Carlisle is it? I used to drive thru that area a lot.
North east side of town, K street or something like that. All you need to do is come in on 11 and then follow the signs. It's like exit 34 off I81. If you can find Carlisle, then you can't miss the expo center or fairgrounds.

If you ride your scooter, be sure to run north on 74, over the first two ridges. It's about a 40 minute run each way. You'll know if your scooter is handling/braking well by the time you get back.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
North east side of town, K street or something like that. All you need to do is come in on 11 and then follow the signs. It's like exit 34 off I81. If you can find Carlisle, then you can't miss the expo center or fairgrounds.

If you ride your scooter, be sure to run north on 74, over the first two ridges. It's about a 40 minute run each way. You'll know if your scooter is handling/braking well by the time you get back.
I like PA. Lots of good riding roads and I've done a bunch all around Allegheny when I lived up North.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Motorhead

Here around where I live the north south roads are more or less straight. But go east or west and a town 5 miles away requires 15 miles of travel. And you have to love the Stop signs. Stop except right turn.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this? Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post

You're right. And I don't like him either.

joe
Dispenser and Guardian of Same

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
So I guess that bike more value than I thought, particularly in the frame.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Premium member of life

Dave_89FXRT wants to know Dino or Syn?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...item3f1f08d086

Id rather pay 1500 for that...than 502 for that headache. These old *** bikes are why the FXR exists right? =D smooth and fast....my dad had one...got hit on it...broke lots of stuff...walked around with a golf club for a cane for awhile...never played golf...I know...It's a Honda...It never got a chance to be stripped down into a pile of scrap...love my fxr...but damn that CB looks like a neat bike for the money...i like all bikes of all makes...more so...I like good deals...that boat anchor. and that place by elvis...RAW DEALS.
Dave_89FXRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement