Ultima Programmable Ignition Kit? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

98 FLHX wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ultima Programmable Ignition Kit?

Hey all,
Wondering if anyone had info on these. Found this @ Jireh's site.
Their part number is 53-644. Comes with Module and a coil. The coil looks just like a Crane. Jireh's price is $109.95.
I've got a few Ultima parts, and they have all been of good or better quality. Wondering if anyone had any luck (or not) with this. It's priced very competitive.
Your thoughts?
Thanks.

'93
98 FLHX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Ultima Programmable Single Fire Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FXR View Post
Hey all,
Wondering if anyone had info on these. Found this @ Jireh's site.
Their part number is 53-644. Comes with Module and a coil. The coil looks just like a Crane. Jireh's price is $109.95.
I've got a few Ultima parts, and they have all been of good or better quality. Wondering if anyone had any luck (or not) with this. It's priced very competitive.
Your thoughts?
Thanks.

'93
OK....Done a little more digging on this, and from what I've found online, two different companies have told me that this is manufactured by Dynatek. It's the same system that Ultima puts in their El Bruto motors.

Does anyone have a Dynatek (Dyna?) ignition system on there machine?
What type of single fire do you have?

Thanks,

'93

Last edited by 98 FLHX; 11-26-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

pwmorris wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've run their 2000i single fire with no problems. If it really is the same mfg, with NO changes, I would go for it.
MULTI HARLEY RACE WINNER
3 X BEST OF SHOW
pwmorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwmorris View Post
I've run their 2000i single fire with no problems. If it really is the same mfg, with NO changes, I would go for it.
Thanks much for your input....
I really appreciate it. I'll do a little more digging and see what I can find out. I'm new to single fire, so I want to make a good decision, and your thoughts really help. Thanks again, pw....

Old 11-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

fxr4mikey wants to know where he is and how he got here
I've never heard of them, but that means NOTHING !

I've heard of DyanTek ....

The thing that I'd do is RESEARCH ALL THAT I COULD.

I always wonder how one manufacture can build equal quality parts as the other manufactures but under sale them by almost 50% ...... always makes me wonder.

If you look at the cost of Compu-Fire, Dynatek, Crane and the other top brand names. You see that they are all more expensive than the item you're looking at. And most of them are pretty cost competivie with one another. Does that make them better than the one you're looking at..... I'm not the one to say. It just ALWAYS makes me wonder and worries me when the brand has no recognition, or very little of it.

Ask the fourms if they have any experience with Crane, Compu-Fire or Dynatek ..... you'll get a lot more responses

Me, I don't like paying the higher cost, but my peace of mind usually takes me with the better brand names of products.

Best of Luck to you in your decision !
fxr4mikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
I've never heard of them, but that means NOTHING !

I've heard of DyanTek ....

The thing that I'd do is RESEARCH ALL THAT I COULD.

I always wonder how one manufacture can build equal quality parts as the other manufactures but under sale them by almost 50% ...... always makes me wonder.

If you look at the cost of Compu-Fire, Dynatek, Crane and the other top brand names. You see that they are all more expensive than the item you're looking at. And most of them are pretty cost competivie with one another. Does that make them better than the one you're looking at..... I'm not the one to say. It just ALWAYS makes me wonder and worries me when the brand has no recognition, or very little of it.

Ask the fourms if they have any experience with Crane, Compu-Fire or Dynatek ..... you'll get a lot more responses

Me, I don't like paying the higher cost, but my peace of mind usually takes me with the better brand names of products.

Best of Luck to you in your decision !
Thanks...I do appreciate the input....
As far as research goes...here is what I've found:

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...dson/dyna_2ki/

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/programmableignition.html

Looking at the specs, they are almost identicle....

Don't know how they would offer the same product at about half the price...but it got my attention, for sure. I like to save a buck when I can as well, and Ive heard good things about all the other systems you mentioned..then looking at these specs, kinda makes me want to just pull the trigger on this set up, and see what happens. As you, I usually like to stay with the names which are industry standards...however, this looks like it may be one which I take a chance on...
If so, I'll update everyone as to my findings.
Thanks again for the input.

'93
Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FXR View Post
Thanks...I do appreciate the input....
As far as research goes...here is what I've found:

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...dson/dyna_2ki/

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/programmableignition.html

Looking at the specs, they are almost identicle....

Don't know how they would offer the same product at about half the price...but it got my attention, for sure. I like to save a buck when I can as well, and Ive heard good things about all the other systems you mentioned..then looking at these specs, kinda makes me want to just pull the trigger on this set up, and see what happens. As you, I usually like to stay with the names which are industry standards...however, this looks like it may be one which I take a chance on...
If so, I'll update everyone as to my findings.
Thanks again for the input.

'93
Check out this posting in Ebay for this same system I'm speaking of...
As I said, this is what got my attention.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Kinda hard to ignore....not to mention that I'm close enough that I can get it direct for $149.95........

'93
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Van_Kerr wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've been looking at this ignition for a while, unfortunatly the company selling them want $180.00 to ship to UK.

If it's fitted to their engines I can't see a problem, maybe any warranty issues would be with Ultima and not Dynatek ?
Van_Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
FNG :)

nieves101 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have a Ultima ignition and they are having a problem with module overheating. My ignition is dropping #1 cylinder and pulled it out found the insulation for #1 melting out of the pick up. Have seen this on other chats, was told cheap ignition go for a crane
nieves101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.