Elvis' Place : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

cat5752 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up Elvis' Place

I'm new here, so if this belongs someplace else, mods please move it. I just bought an 85 FXRS and found out really quick that finding parts for this bike is not quite as easy as other models. Someone ( I believe on here) suggested Elvis' Place. Did a google search, found the site. Created my account (very easy) and bought my first order- a rear fender, upper belt guard, and a tail light. Closed that transaction, then realized I forgot to order side covers. So about 10 minutes after I placed the order, I sent him an email asking how I could go about getting the side covers. He responded about 10 minutes after that and told me that I could do one of two things - pay the money electronically and he would put the side covers in the box , or complete the transaction, take the shipping and handling charge, and he would still ship in one box and throw in some stuff. I opted for the "stuff". This was last Friday. Today I got my big box! Everything was well wrapped and cushioned. I find an Elvis' Place T-shirt (FXR or Die!) a bandana, a handful of EP decals, a really cool post card signed by him and thanking me (by my name) for the business, a couple of key chains and a business card. All of the parts were better than described, and the extra stuff made it all worth it.
I wrote him back to thank him for the transaction, and we e-mailed back and forth for awhile about my new bike, with him giving me plenty of insight as to what he noticed from the pictures, things to change or upgrade, or just "the way he would do it". I can't say that I am impressed enough, and you can bet when I need anything for my new bike, I know where to go. Looking forward to seeing his new site. Elvis Rocks!
cat5752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

ClassicRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cat5752,

Welcome to the site....and congratulations on your purchase of a 1985 FXRS......
Thanks for sharing the information above it's always great to hear of people's positive experiences....

Regards,

"Classic"
ClassicRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks for the welcome! I came over from the Sportster and Buell Forum and the people here seem a lot "easier" to disagree with, if that makes sense ( my other Harley is a 75 Ironhead Sportster). I buy a lot of stuff on the internet, and without a doubt, Elvis made me feel like I as a customer meant something to his business. If you haven't see his sight, check it out- you won't be disappointed! That guy took about 30 minutes out of his schedule and made my whole day and that is not something that happens all the time....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Kent wants to know Dino or Syn?
I fully agree about Elvis' Place http://www.elvisplace.com/ He has helped me with many parts for my FXRP. It is a great site and he even rates the quality of his used parts from 1 to 10. I always go to him first.
Kent
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

kustom_flames is reading this now saying WTF is this?
With a name like Elvis, it's gotta be good!

I have spoken with them before on eBay - very good customer service. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the 85!
Pat

Sold!
kustom_flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Van_Kerr wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'd luv' to find out how good the parts are ......... he doesn't ship international ..................
Van_Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van_Kerr View Post
I'd luv' to find out how good the parts are ......... he doesn't ship international ..................
From his website, in the Bulletins section
"2008-07-24
Shipping out of the USA?
If you want to grab a few of my parts and you live outside the US and you have a Confirmed Paypal account, then please email me with your address and list of EP part numbers you'd like to own. I don't mind spending an hour dealing with the post office, but am happy to do so for the right customer with the right order. "

Shoot him an email, you might be surprised.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
FNG :)

Elvis' Place wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hello, from Elvis' Place.

I appreciate the kind things I have read above (or below?).... apparently, I did something right for the "right guy". I sure wish I could make everyone that happy

He must have been a "real" customer and serious customer.... AND he owns an FXR. I usually try to go out of my way to make sure FXR owners are happy and want to return to my place, as I collect lots of FXR parts on my shelves for guys like my newest customer in Oregon.

It's the guys that don't want to spend any money or do not know how to talk respectfully to their fellow man that I am known to "blow off" at times. I simply do not have time for unhappy, disrespectful folks.... and let me tell you... they ARE out there.

As for shipping outside the great US of A, I surely do.
I just shipped a package to Australia to a repeat customer, Phil, on Friday. A weeks before that, I shipped to Japan, Germany, England, Norway, France and many other countries upon our little planet Earth.

It can be very expensive, but if the customer is nice and can pay for the service, I'm happy to spend time at the post office. Normally, the customer is getting the item, for less than they can find it in their country.... if they can find it at all.

Yes, I'm new here... it's my first comment to make.
Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone.

Sincerely,
E. of Elvis' Place.
Elvis' Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Naear wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Yes, I'm new here... it's my first comment to make.
Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone.

Sincerely,
E. of Elvis' Place.
Welcome to v-twinforum glad your out there taking care of us Fxr owners.
Naear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

98 FLHX wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naear View Post
Welcome to v-twinforum glad your out there taking care of us Fxr owners.

I second the motion....
Thanks...

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

10:1 JE Pistons
Heads by GMR Performance
Ness Big Sucker
Mikuni HSR 42
V-Thunder 3040 Cam
Dyna 2000 Ignition
Thunderheader

Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
FNG :)

Elvis' Place wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ahhhh, it appears that there are more FXR riders out there. Glad to see it!
Hopefully I'll have something for each of you in stock.... if not now, then in the future. If there are FXR items you guys are looking for and I don't have them, please let me know, so I can keep an eye out for them.

take care,
E.

p.s. today was a funeral from our friend, Old Chicago Bill (many photos of him on my site). He had a good life. I'll miss him.
Elvis' Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

E,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I went and visited a friend of mine this weekend that has brain cancer and is on his way out. I am not looking forward to that day.
Thanks again for taking care of me, and to all reading this "review" I have dealt with Elvis a second time and once again I got a stellar business transaction and some great parts.
Andy in Oregon (SGM Turner)
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Smitty33 wants to know Dino or Syn?
E,
Very sorry to hear of your loss of your friend,thats always very tough.My current ride, a 91 FXR was my Dad's bike.He passed away last Jan. from lukemia so know where your coming from.
I'll drop you an email here in the next couple days on some stuff I'm looking for.
Take care,
Mark
Smitty33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Naear wants to know Dino or Syn?
E
Sorry to hear about your buddy.

Smitty33 sorry to hear you lost your father... lost mine when I was 10 to leukemia.
Naear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

justintyme73 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sorry about your Loss E. I have bought quite a few parts from ya, and even sold a few back through sleezebay, always had great service, very helpful!
justintyme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement