1993 Low Rider Sport - refreshment - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson FXR
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
FNG :)

Bear'em wants to know Dino or Syn?
@ classicRider very well said great info!

@ Don Camillo
I have a 93 FXRS low rider convertible with the 11.5 progressive rear shocks looks great rides a bit stiff on bad roads but handles like a dream, even in the "twisties" and long curves. I kept the Stock front air forks just added a different schrader valve when I change the stock bars out to low buckhorn bars, It took a little bit of playing around with psi in the forks to get the perfect combo of handling, ride and anti-dive control for me, do to the fact of not having the air reservoir any more, depending on the temperature outside for me the psi ranges between 5 to 7.5 psi. my only issue was my headlight would call airplanes in to land lol. I had to grind a couple of washers at a taper to shim it down were the beem of light was correct to the road.
Also with the lowered rear the belt would rub every now and then on the belt guard so I deleted it, looks better in my opinion.
I had to tweak the rear brake line a bit also because the way it was routed under one of the saddle bag mounts when I hit a hard bump it cut the line in half, so when I replaced it I turned it in and away from the mount, worked great.

You did a great looking Job on your scoot too!

As a reminder for the rest of the FXRS connoisseurs in case you don't know you should never use an air compressor when airing the front forks even if it has the stock handlebar reservoir, airing up the front suspension with a compressor can and will blow the fork seals, (happened to me like a dummy), Do to the rate of velocity the air is traveling from the compressor. I always use a hand pump (bicycle pump) now.[/COLOR]

@ lowgeartx
I have the same issue so Installed a started solenoid button solved the starting issue, as long as you have power the bike will start off this button, my problem comes and goes and is a pain to try to track down and with this button you will not get stranded. the button runs about $9.00 on eBay
93 FXRS low rider convertible. Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pro Pipe BP, stage 2 Screaming Eagle kit, 45 mm Mikuni carb, 85 cubic inch big bore kit, 3.916 inch bore cylinders, 10.5:1 forged pistons, Andrews EV59 cam, Crane Cams Hi-4 Ignition, Coil and Wire Kit, 11 inch Progressive Suspension in the rear, air ride forks up front Billet, Boys Hand Grips and Early Glide-Style Bars low buckhorn
Bear'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

kimo wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just changed out my air ride front end on my FXRT with:

http://www.racetech.com/ springs and these valves

http://store.ricorshocks.com/product_p/039-20-1001.htm

On the rear I will go with Works Shocks
kimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
I just changed out my air ride front end on my FXRT with:

http://www.racetech.com/ springs and these valves

http://store.ricorshocks.com/product_p/039-20-1001.htm

On the rear I will go with Works Shocks
What the heck is an intiminator? The word doesn't exist.

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
What the heck is an intiminator? The word doesn't exist.

joe
Were did you get that from Homesick?

maybe its a Dale Earnhardt SR. impersonator?

Intimidator Impersonator " Intiminator" lmao JK

A Intiminator fixes ONLY compression damping compromises in the damper rod design. It does not change your spring nor rebound damping in your air forks.
http://www.kientech.com/Intiminator1.JPG
93 FXRS low rider convertible. Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pro Pipe BP, stage 2 Screaming Eagle kit, 45 mm Mikuni carb, 85 cubic inch big bore kit, 3.916 inch bore cylinders, 10.5:1 forged pistons, Andrews EV59 cam, Crane Cams Hi-4 Ignition, Coil and Wire Kit, 11 inch Progressive Suspension in the rear, air ride forks up front Billet, Boys Hand Grips and Early Glide-Style Bars low buckhorn

Last edited by Bear'em; 12-04-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: found photo
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear'em View Post
Were did you get that from Homesick?

maybe its a Dale Earnhardt SR. impersonator?

Intimidator Impersonator " Intiminator" lmao JK

A Intiminator fixes ONLY compression damping compromises in the damper rod design. It does not change your spring nor rebound damping in your air forks.
http://www.kientech.com/Intiminator1.JPG
Imposterator.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Imposterator.

joe
Dunno Never heard that one before either and Google had nothing also.
sorry can't help
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear'em View Post
Dunno Never heard that one before either and Google had nothing also.
sorry can't help
It's ok.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
IronButt

beardo wants to know Dino or Syn?
The company's name is Ricor, and the part you guys are talking about are Intiminator's.

And yes, they work. I've used them myself.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/default.asp
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.