02 Fxdl : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2002, 01:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Flash wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking 02 Fxdl

Hey Everyone!
I just bought an '02 FXDL (Vivid Black). I lucked out and bought it off the showroom floor, no ordering or waiting. The weather here in N. Illinois has sucked since I got the bike home, so I haven't been able to put even 5 miles on it!
I installed a Short Rail sissy bar and backrest on it already (the old lady would kick my ass if I dumped her off the ass end), and am planning on putting on a windshield (detachable). Any suggestions for the windshield?
I was wondering how many others have Dyna Low Riders out there, and how you like them? Any complaints?
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2002, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ridge Rider

Dawg wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've had mine since September. I love it. Put your hand on your wallet, it's going to get a lot thinner. Enjoy. I like your choice of colors. Here's a pic of mine.......

Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2002, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

diverduck1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am still waiting on mine... should be here at the end of April.. I can't stand it...
but congrats on the new Lowrider.... :p mine will be here before I know it..
Old 03-05-2002, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

slamin sammy wants to know Dino or Syn?
congrats on the DYNA

hey flash good job on the new bike as for the wind shield,harley makes good one and they fit. get a detachable one saves a lot of time cleaning.
slamin sammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2002, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Dawg,
Good loking scoot! Tell me about your windshield - that seems to be about what I am looking for.
Also, my dad lives just north of you in Chattanooga. I'm thinking about maybe going to visit in April. He just picked up an 81 Sportster. Pretty cool for a man who is 66 yrs. old!
Old 03-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ridge Rider

The Windshield is a Memphis Shades Del Ray. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the next size up which they call the Del Rio. The one I have is just a tad too short. The wind hits just at the top of my helmet which causes a little buffeting at higher speeds. I'm also not crazy about the mount. It is polished aluminum and not very polished at that. It is very sturdy and is detachable but it just a'int shiny enough for me. I covered it with some chrome tape but I'm going to try some heavier stainless steel tape later on. Here's a link to their site.
http://www.memphis-shades.com/memphis-shades/hd.html

I work in Chattanooga but live in Chickamauga. If you get down this way send me an e-mail. I know of a few good waterin' holes.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

electrified wants to know Dino or Syn?
falsh...congats on the new dyna!!.........

dawg: that IS a nice windshield...I just picked up a 98 fxdl w/drag bars and have been looking "all over" for the right type of windshields...i saw the memphis site but must have gone past the del-rio. After seeing yours i'm gonna check the sits again....
electrified is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2002, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

After weighing my options, I went with a Windvest detachable windshield. It took 5 minutes to install, is adjustable (I got the 16" or tall model, which can be adjusted down to 14"), and detaches easily by removing 2 allen bolts. I also did not have to purchase any additional hardware. I paid $269.99 for it.
It looks great! I got in about 20 miles with it yesterday. I still need to make a small adjustment on the angle, but I am Very satisfied!
Old 03-13-2002, 07:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ridge Rider

Can you post a picture? I considered that one also.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dawg,
I don't have the technology (yet) to post pictures.
Looking at the picture of your scoot again, I was wondering: on your fork brace, are those mini driving/fog lamps? If so, where did you get them? They look pretty cool.
By the way, I don't know when I'll make it down to Chattanooga, but I'll let you know & maybe we can hook up.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ridge Rider

The lights are Kurykan's. In the Technical Forum I've posted ad-nauseum about them. If you get to the Chatttanooga/North Georgia area give a holler. It really is a great place to ride.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Flash.
Just wondering how the new ride is doing.. and how do you like the windshield... Thanks
Old 06-03-2002, 01:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

BlackOak wants to know Dino or Syn?
Smile

I picked up my new 2002 dyna FXDL on May. Its been fun so I enclosed a pic of it. I put on a detachable windshield, short sissy with pad, and a luggage rack.
BlackOak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2002, 07:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Here is the first pic of my Lowrider as I am about to ride away from the dealer..
Old 06-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Boismier

Great color scheme!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.