Vance and Hines FP3 FuelPak install : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Model Specific Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

tberry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Vance and Hines FP3 FuelPak install

Finally installed the FP3 I got back in December on the Fatbob and man what a difference.She's fat and happy now.Used one of V&H canned maps and it runs great.No more decel poping great throttle response as well.Will try the auto tuning when it warms up some more.They say thats the best route to take above there dynoed maps.One word of caution though you can get in alot of different parameters like timing,injector pulse and so on meaning you could cause terminal damage to your engine if you dont know what your doing.Really surprised V&H would even let you be able to access those settings but for a tuner thats a good thing.You can also monitor live on your phone things like o2 sensor voltage,engine temp,rpm,speed,fuel milage and quite a bit more.Just wanted to let some people know in case theywere looking at buying one.I dont have any experience with harleys tuners but im sure there maps are epa compliant meaning lean as hell like the factory one.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ibew 236 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I cannot wait to install mine. I am sitting here looking at about 12" of snow outside and have a new heavy breather kit and and a V&H FP3 waiting to be installed on my 2017 Street Glide Special. I would have installed them already, but I am waiting for warm weather so I could do some before and after rides to see if their is a noticeable difference in the way she runs,
ibew 236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

tberry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Youll notice it right away as I did about 5 sec after I fired it up I could tell in the way it was idling like it should nice and fat not a lean tinny sound from the engine and exhaust.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

Dyna FXDB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good deal. I recently installed one on my 16 SB. Huge difference. Have ridden for over 500 miles. No auto tune yet. Will do that soon. Very satisfied.

Congrats on the install.
Dyna FXDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

sthill wants to know Dino or Syn?
The best thing I bought for my street bob

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
sthill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

robertomendo wants to know Dino or Syn?
My Switchback was instantly transformed. No more decel popping and smoother faster throttle response. I saw no reason to tune any more than I got using the canned map they suggested I use. Eventually I just removed the fp3 and it now sits on a shelf.
robertomendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

dklozik wants to know Dino or Syn?
Can you do speedometer corrections with the FP3? Im going to change front/rear sprockets and needs something that can do the correction.
dklozik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gearhead

2wheelrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklozik View Post
Can you do speedometer corrections with the FP3? Im going to change front/rear sprockets and needs something that can do the correction.
This is from another site Hope it helps::

Good Evening,
We just rolled out 2.9.4 enabling the 2016 Support and Speedo Calibration. Below is an explanation of the Speedometer Calibration feature.

Introduction
The FP3 is constantly improving and offering new features. The latest is the Speedometer Calibration. This allows user's to precisely calibrate the speedometer for stock bikes or aftermarket wheels and tire sizes. This speedometer calibration is different because it utilizes your smartphone's GPS to accurately and automatically adjust your speedometer without the use of calculators or sophisticated charts. All you have to do is connect to your FP3, run the speedometer calibration in specified MPH/KMH range, hit calibrate, and flash the changes into your bike!

How it works:

A factory HD bike uses a calculation of transmission speed and wheel diameter to determine speed. This calculation is no longer correct when riders change wheel size, tire size etc. The FP3 utilizes the smart device's GPS to get a true rate of speed. Once a rider is up to 60mph(97kmh) the FP3 samples the indicated speed on the bike (wheel speed) and calculates the difference as compared to the GPS speed. This will give us a calculation to flash into the bike to correct the indicated speed(pulses).

How to Use It:

First and foremost, be safe and be smart. It is best to find a straight open highway that allows legal speeds up to and over 60mph(97kmh). Start the bike and connect to the FP3 on the bike using your smart device (must have GPS capability). Once connected, go to View/Edit maps and select the blue highlighted map (current ECM calibration). Then go to General and select Speedometer Calibration. Click calibrate and begin your ride cycle. The bike must reach and maintain 60mph(97kmh) steadily for at least 60-90 seconds (preferably 5th or 6th gear). Do not shift or pull the clutch in during this time. Once the process is complete a pop-up will appear "Calculation Complete". Make sure the bike is at a complete stop before operating the device. This will show the difference and allow users to either apply or cancel. Hit apply and then shutdown the engine with the handlebar run switch (bike still powered up). Changes cannot be flashed while the bike is running. Once the bike is no longer running but powered up (ignition switch on and handlebar run switch in the on position) then you can proceed in the flashing process.

http://matthias-trier.de/HD_MOTOR_in_Betrieb.gif
2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

dklozik wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thats kinda badass. Thanks for the reply too.
dklozik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Jay Dogg wants to know Dino or Syn?
I had a fuel pack 3 on my previous bike so when i got a new bike i got a new fp3 and my smart phone automatically downloaded the new fp3 to my old bike so now i have a big problem
Jay Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

1HD1C wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
I had a fuel pack 3 on my previous bike so when i got a new bike i got a new fp3 and my smart phone automatically downloaded the new fp3 to my old bike so now i have a big problem
that makes no sense ---- since it is based off of VIN# and the unit is locked to the bike I don't see how it is possible... did you contact V&H?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/222510704871627/

1HD1C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.