FXDWG vs FXDWGI : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2004, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
JRA
IronButt

JRA wants to know Dino or Syn?
FXDWG vs FXDWGI

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, my name is Joel. I have owned a Sportster for the last five years, I haven't looked at or shopped around for a new bike until now. I don't ride with a group or hang out with other bikers because I have been to damn busy working my ass off making a living. Finally all my hard work has paid off and I can now afford a new bike. I want the Wide Glide, the local dealer has none in stock but has one coming in at the end of the month. I have checked out the Harley web site and it list the FXDWG and FXDWGI, it doesn't explain if there is any difference, so I am asking you all. BTW the dealer quoted me a price of $16,910 for the lava red.

Thanks
JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2004, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

GrayRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
The FXDWG has a carb and the FXDWGI is fuel injected. Only difference.
GrayRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
FXDWG

njmako wants to know Dino or Syn?
The fxdwg is a regular CV carb. The fxdwgi is fuel injection other than that there is not too much different even the preformance is about the same. I opted for the CV carb. But either is great. Good luck. I believe i paid 20k with V&H Straitshot pipes, rejetting the carb and SE air setup. I did that before i picked it up.
2004 FXDWG Stage 1, V&H Staggered Straitshots, 14" Buffalo Bars, Iso Grips, Ness Rad II Mirrors, Mustang Studded Wide Solo/w Backrest, Informer L.E.D. guages, Steel Braided cabling, V-Shield Horn Cover, Removable Saddle bags, ISO-Stirrups with Dually Pegs.
njmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
JRA
IronButt

Thanks for the info guys, the sales rep mentioned it was a carb set-up. He also mentioned the 05's are coming out in July, now I'm wondering if I should wait.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Cryptoboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
I haven't heard of any real changes in the Wide Glide between the model years (other than the fuel injection that came out with the 04 models on the Dyna's), so waiting probably won't make a difference, unless you want a different color.

Make sure to find out the OTD price (Out the Door), as that is where you can find out how good your dealer is.

GO NOLES!!!!!
Cryptoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
JRA
IronButt

Cryptoboy, thanks for the reply. tell me more about the OTD price; he quoted me a price for the bike, what else is there? I know I have tax, registration, and interest associated with financing.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Cryptoboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Depends on the dealer really. Just check the fine print in the paperwork, and see if they add any 'service' fees and such, or if they overcharge for processing fees or something. Also, I think they still offer low interest rates thru HD credit if you buy the extended service plans and warranties through them, they definately try to inflate those prices too (if you choose to get something like that, I personally did for peace of mind).

Just keep your eyes open and you shouldn't have any problems. The MSRP of a Lava Red WG should be $16,235. Add $275 to that for the security system, and the $215 freight charge and it comes out to about $16,725, so see where the other $200 is going. You should probably figure about 19k at least when all is said and done I would think.

Good luck!

GO NOLES!!!!!
Cryptoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bank Robber

Fangar wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoboy
Depends on the dealer really. Just check the fine print in the paperwork, and see if they add any 'service' fees and such, or if they overcharge for processing fees or something. Also, I think they still offer low interest rates thru HD credit if you buy the extended service plans and warranties through them, they definately try to inflate those prices too (if you choose to get something like that, I personally did for peace of mind).

Just keep your eyes open and you shouldn't have any problems. The MSRP of a Lava Red WG should be $16,235. Add $275 to that for the security system, and the $215 freight charge and it comes out to about $16,725, so see where the other $200 is going. You should probably figure about 19k at least when all is said and done I would think.

Good luck!
Sometimes a dealer will charge for setup also. California emissions is 290.00 too which sucks, cause we all rip it off anyway. =)

Fangar
Fangar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement