V-Twin Forum banner

Push start without keyfob?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RustyG 
#1 · (Edited)
'09 FXDC SuperGlide

I've started my bike many times and then ran in the house to get something I forgot (with my key and fob in my pocket), and the bike stays running... so I know all the keyfob security does is prevent the bike from starting unless I have the keyfob near the bike.... it can run without the fob. I never thought about it before, but the thought just occurred to me... does that mean that my bike can be push started without a key or fob?

The reason I ask is that sometimes when I park the bike, I just turn it off and leave it without locking the forks or the ignition. Now I think someone could simply steal it by push starting it. Is that true?

#2 ·
You have the button-less FOB so it will not start without the FOB in proximity to the bike.
My 2007 V-Rod's security system sets automatically whenever I turn the ignition off. Yours probably does also but in both cases the alarm will not activate if the bike is disturbed and the FOB is close by.
Give it a try. Turn bike off then walk away with the fob. PLace the fob some distance from the bike (100 feet). Then try to mount and start the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.