V-Twin Forum banner

Best bags

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  painted 
#1 ·
Looking to add bags to my 05 low rider. Was checking out Fox creek with easy brackets. Want some extra storage but not tons. Easy off but I want the bike to look good without them. Not to keen on throw overs because I don't want risk any paint damage. Any suggestions or advice from anyone?

#5 ·
@gree:

@gree: 100%!!!!

#6 ·
I have a Bad & G Customs bag on my Superglide, and it's worked out great. It uses 3 leather straps to mount it, no brackets, or turn signal relocation required.
One strap mounts the bottom to the belt guard bracket, two at the top. I have one mounts to the frame under the seat and other to my quick detach
sissy bar rail. No worries about paint damage.

#14 ·
Fox creek makes some awesome bags, and the easy brackets are great.
Had them both on the Night Train, but I shopped around and picked everything up on ebay for around $250 I believe.

Not sure how the easy brackets mount on the Dyna, but it was pretty stealth on the softail.

Get some quality bags, and you'll probably never take them off, so i wouldn't sweat the hardware. Added sooo much convenience.
But the quick release is a must have, especially when you end up at a hotel, just pop off the bags and bring them to your room.

#9 · (Edited)
Jafrum Leather

painted, sounds like you're shopping around for quality bags at the best price. This website has very good prices on almost everything they carry: accessories, a few parts, riding gear & apparel, with lotsa other stuff. I get bargain deals from them in my e-mail and almost always open it up to see what's what.

Jafrum (Link--> Harley Saddlebags is what was recommended to me a few years ago by a riding buddy when I bought hard leather bags with Ghost (Edge) detachable Brackets. I like the site since it has DIY videos and instruction sheets for accessories, and often there are links to these on YouTube and other aftermarket sites.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.jafrum.com/Help/all-about-saddlebags

Welcome to The Forum! Have a look around, and don't hesitate to ask questions of the members here. :D

#13 ·
I had Boss bags on my fatboy. Great product, pricy but well worth it. You won't get bags of their quality for $400.

#15 ·
We put Ironbags on my wife's 05 Dyna Superglide Custom. Heavy leather, almost 1/4" thick, quite large and roomy, good looking and solid mounting, which is permanent (3 nuts to remove, comes off pretty easy for tire change, etc). Very happy with them, have had them pretty much since we bought the bike new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.