V-Twin Forum banner

Swingarm or single saddle bag needed for Super Glide

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  03wglide 
#1 ·
I have a side mount license plate on the left side of my 2013 Super Glide Anniversary. I am needing some type of bag to carry "stuff". I have a solo seat so I am not able to use a backrest type. I want a nice thick leather one but don't want to spend a fortune. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want one that drags the ground either. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Maybe surf jpcycles.com they definately have a couple of Dyna single bags and swing arm bags. The only thing I'd be concerned is the left mount license plate. FWIW you might also look on there for 'luggage' that could strap straight onto the rear fender type deal, that might still be an option with the solo seat.

#4 ·
I can highly recommend Bad&G solo hard bags on a Dyna. I've had their DR01BL right side hard bag wi 1" extra width on my FXDP for 6 mos and I'm very satisfied. Extremely well made, and the hard bag really holds its shape. Not cheap, but worth every dime! I first had the FXDP cop bags, then went to Saddlemen Drifters, then Bad&G. I'd never go back.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
I have a Lick's Solo bag, mounts on the swing arm, it is low, but doesn't even come close to touching the ground. Though they are kind of pricey, keep an eye on the forum "for sale section", they occasionally show up, found mine used and saved about $75.

Attachments

#11 ·
Yea, it's tight, but straps have to go around the strut. Only the rear strap goes between fender & strut. The front one goes around strut ahead of fender (see thumb, bag @ bottom). Just have to tighten the fender bolts down so it snugs up to the strap. The fender spacer helps hold shape of fender while squeezing strap.

Attachments

#14 ·
Here are some pics of The Bad&G Dyna bag. Just got it today.
IMO it won't get much better than this for a solo bag.

The leather is pretty firm, stitching is nice, belt buckles feel meaty,
straps for mounting are rugged, and beefy enough.
I can hardly wait to strap it on and see how many cold beers fit in there.

I'll probably get the matching one the other side. Enjoy.

Cost $170 ish shipped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.