FDL Switchback : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

benzrod wants to know Dino or Syn?
FDL Switchback

Pore prison minister needs advice on improving performance on the stock 103. Will the Nightstick muffler and Ventilator breather be a good choice to get mods started? Being an ex v-rod owner is going to cost me some money trying to recapture that rush that a Vee delivers when you twist on it!
benzrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

1HD1C wants to know Dino or Syn?
NO... you need a full exhaust to go along with the ventilator because the FLDs head pipe has the cat in it.. if you remove the cat then you can make the nightstick work
but not as well as a full system

you will also need a good sert along with a shop that can dyno tune it for optimum power

we have guys on the switchback owners only site that made some changes , 1 getting 89 hp and 104tq with SE255 cams and above parts..
and another getting 96 HP, 110 TQ using T-Man TR-555 perf cams, D & D Fat Cat, SE Breather and SE Race Tuner

in all not a great deal of money for what they have attained..

Last edited by 1HD1C; 11-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.
1HD1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

benzrod wants to know Dino or Syn?
thanks for the reply, will definetly consider the mods, just got a set of 255 cams from my brother's SE 110 Dyna Custom, he says the vance and hines big radius 2 into one is the way to go. He went to 259 cams and is well pleased. One again, thanks, you have any other tips feel free to pass them on!
benzrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

1HD1C wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzrod View Post
thanks for the reply, will definetly consider the mods, just got a set of 255 cams from my brother's SE 110 Dyna Custom, he says the vance and hines big radius 2 into one is the way to go. He went to 259 cams and is well pleased. One again, thanks, you have any other tips feel free to pass them on!
only other tip i can offer is be sure the pipes you go with fit the FLD, just because its a dyna doesnt mean all dyna pipes will fit
due to the floorboards
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lugoffscfld wants to know Dino or Syn?
Did you figure out what pipes to go with? I contacted Rinehart Racing and have a set of 2006-2012 DYNA RINEHART 2-2 FLUSH CHROME DUAL O2 PORT on the way to me. The way the forward pipe sits it curves prior to it coming in contact with the boards at least that is what I am thinking. I will let you know in about a week or so. Got mine ordered and on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Lugoffscfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement