memphis shades batwing on streetbob : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

wide glide ed wants to know Dino or Syn?
memphis shades batwing on streetbob

just wondering ,,,looking for feed back from anyone that is or has used the bat wing!!!do they work? tired of the bug ib the face and wind fatigue
wide glide ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

scowell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just test rode a Street Glide (man, 20K is bux)... very nice. One of the favorite things was the batwing fairing... I'm not a windshield guy, and that thing had just about the right amount of wind hitting me. I'll be looking into the fairing you've described; I assume it's in J&P or something like that.
scowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

fxglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
You can pick up the Memphis Shades batwing most anywhere that sells Memphis Shades parts n pieces. If you can find a used one off a V Star 650, they will work. In most cases you have to manufacture your own mounts, but its not too difficult.

I run a National Cycle shield. It blocks nearly as well as the batwing, and is a quick release. Plus it locks up to the bike. If I can find a batwing cheap enough I might esperiment with it, but am not going to spend the $200 plus for the bw and the hardware.
fxglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

king dawg wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the Memphis Shade batwing fairing on my Road Kind and it works great.

King Dawg
2004 FLHRSI
2007 XL1200C numbered paint set 95/150
king dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

RA51 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I talked with Memphis Shades at bike week an they do not have a bat wing for dyna yet. I have a 09 Dyna an was looking to buy one. They have a new model out for the softail which I ordered but not yet recieved.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/IMG_0018.jpg
RA51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

nj larry wants to know Dino or Syn?
ed,
you don't necessarily need a batwing. any decent size shield will keep the bugs off ya and cut down significantly on the wind blast. i've got an hd low profile quick detatch shield on my superglide and i can ride for hours on the interstate without fatigue.
nj larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

calidude_dyna wants to know Dino or Syn?
they make the batwing for all dynas..I just got one for my 98 FXD from motorcycle superstore... mounts, windshield, fairing, and blades for fairing.... 480 done

nice looking product i just need to get narrower bars.. mine are 38" span the wing is like 361/2".. i will post some pics for ya.. may chg headlight to a bigger one to fill thehole...
calidude_dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
WideGlide Rider

Scotykid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidude_dyna View Post
they make the batwing for all dynas..I just got one for my 98 FXD from motorcycle superstore... mounts, windshield, fairing, and blades for fairing.... 480 done

nice looking product i just need to get narrower bars.. mine are 38" span the wing is like 361/2".. i will post some pics for ya.. may chg headlight to a bigger one to fill thehole...
Hey Calidude, did you ever get a chance to snap some pics of the batwing on your Dyna?

Sometimes there's Justice...
and sometimes, there's Just Us!
Scotykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

BisbeeDyna wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotykid View Post
Hey Calidude, did you ever get a chance to snap some pics of the batwing on your Dyna?
I have an older batwing on my '02 FXD. Here are some pics of it and the mounts I fabbed.

BisbeeDyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement