v-rod vs dyna - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Dyna
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Premium Member

midnight sporty wants to know Dino or Syn?
yeah its got a air shifter, man i was way off..
midnight sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
FNG :)

ffpierce wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just traded my 06 Nightrod for an 09 Fatbob and this is what I have found. The Nightrod was faster, but the Fatbob handles better in the corners.
ffpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #63 (permalink)

AndyV wants to know Dino or Syn?
I own one each .. an '00 98" Super Glide and an '07 vrod .. the vrod is a fast, powerful, high revving race/drag bike, the super glide is a torquey roadster/cruiser; both very fun, both very different other than both are v-twins and weigh about the same .. oh, and the super glide gets way better gas mileage!!

btw ~ super glide is not at all stock, the vrod has only after market pipes, with a fuelpak, and the vrod is way faster ~ period, end of story. For commuting, I take my v-rod, for road trips, my super glide, and I flip a coin for day trips.

Last edited by AndyV; 11-22-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: clarify there is only one mod on the vrod
AndyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #64 (permalink)

bowtech wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have an 08 dx and the only thing that came close was a victory 8 ball but at the 8th mark he just didnt have enough to keep up with the 9000 rev of the v-rod i have a cfr pipe and stage 1 air cleaner and dont forget you lose like 60 lbs when u dump the stock pipes
bowtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
IronButt

raycwheeler wants to know Dino or Syn?
9 what? mph? 60" times? got any time slips to share?

ray usa
raycwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #66 (permalink)

morvegil wants to know Dino or Syn?
This is funny. A Dyna has no chance against a Vrod with equal riders. Okay, lets talk mods...ill give you 2k to my bike and 2k to yours, YOU WILL LOSE!

I will race for pinks.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #67 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
morve, what color is your vrod? you cool with 1/8 mile?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
" WFFW "

zukeeper wants to know Dino or Syn?
1/8 mile or not, if a V rod loses to a dyna, its because the driver dont know how to ride a V rod. you can't ride them like a regular harley , ride one yourself and you will see lol..........crack her back to where you think she is gonna blow , get a tight grip , and then really twist on her...........those mo fo's scream
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Premium Member

OldMike wants to know Dino or Syn?
V rod is like a japanese bike, why would you even waste gas on it.
OldMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #70 (permalink)
IronButt

FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this? FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukeeper View Post
1/8 mile or not, if a V rod loses to a dyna, its because the driver dont know how to ride a V rod. you can't ride them like a regular harley , ride one yourself and you will see lol..........crack her back to where you think she is gonna blow , get a tight grip , and then really twist on her...........those mo fo's scream
Not going to argue with you about relative merits of vrod vs dyna but IMO it's like comparing dynos or builds at the bar with a bunch of talkers.

It's seldom even up and the rider makes a big difference. I've spanked a couple vrods and gotten spanked by one too. So what?

If we rolled up on a light together and set to run, you'd be in for a rude awakening if you thought I'd be sitting there waiting to roll over because you have a faster bike.

You could be in for another rude awakening if you didn't hook and run hard.
S&S stuff.
Baisley Pro Street heads
+ Level 2 Mojo.
Badass pipe.
Torq Monster Motorworks
spec'd & built, extra "Special Sauce."
142HP - 148TQ SAE / 145/151 STD. More there.
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.
FXDRYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #71 (permalink)
IronButt

VRSCR wants to know Dino or Syn?
Where's my popcorn?

NOTICE: Info I post may be correct and relevant to threads posted in. Yet I may have learned this info else were and am just sharing it in a public forum for other members benefit. I am not responsible for any tantrums or fits you may have because it was read else were on the world wide web!

HIGH SPEED, LOW DRAG MOTHER *UCKER
VRSCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #72 (permalink)
Premium Member

BadTwin wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just pull out my VMax when it's time to lay the smack down on any "power" cruisers.. lol
Old 03-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #73 (permalink)

Bama Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

This is too funny!! Some of you are talking about getting passed at 85mph. What happened, did the v-rod let you start before he put the key in? 85mph is second gear in a v-rod!! I had the 03 rod and on a slight down hill grade have seen 145. You go find me a stock dyna that will do that and I will kiss your butt on the court house steps and give you two weeks to draw a crowd. Not only will you lose a drag race you will look like a fool to boot. The only way a stock dyna will ever beat a stock v-rod is if the throttle cable on the rod is broke. This is a silly no brainer conversation if you think otherwise.
Bama Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement