Not Braggin JUST AMPED! - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson CVO
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

mevman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Horse View Post
Hey sixpak

Several tour pac relocation kits on the market. Believe HD make one also. Moves the tour pas back a couple of inches.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id50.html

google "harley tour pac relocation"
Have used George Anderson's kit on both my '04 and on my '12 FLHTCU.

Excellent product.
mevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

sixpak wants to know Dino or Syn?
93Horse,
Thanks for the info. I located a few conversion plates and a drawing to make one. I didn't find any that addressed the issue of moving cables. A couple of the cables on the CVO are too short to allow moving the TP back.
I'll keep looking and let you know the results. Also my dealer is trying to relocate the TP on someone else's bike to see if it can be done. We'll see how that goes.
Best regards,
sixpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

aldean wants to know Dino or Syn?
Congrats Fred on the new bike!

Dave......must be nice to have 2 sweet bikes. I luv the King!

aldean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

FLSTFI Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldean View Post
Congrats Fred on the new bike!

Dave......must be nice to have 2 sweet bikes. I luv the King!
Thanks. Pretty much spend all my money on Bikes.

I put 22,035 on the CVO Road glide in the one year of ownership.

I put 2505 miles on the CVO King in 3 weeks. Now the King is torn down. New 259E cams are in, the woods directional lifters are in. Throttle body is at HPI having the electrics put on a 55mm Throttle body with a 58mm intake. Heads are off to Dewey to be ported and CC for a 10.8:1 compression.

13 CVO Road King Anniversary, #162
12 CVO Road Glide, White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black
03 FLSTFI Silver and Black, now has real fire radical paint set. 95", S&S 570G cams, V&H Big Shot Longs
11 FLHX Street Glide, Purple and black, wifes ride
09 FLSTC Heritage Teal and Antique White, wifes ride
FLSTFI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

fredflhtk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hello sixpak, My wife also noticed less room on the cvo than our 10 limited had, I made certain tourpak mounted back as far as it can be with stock mounts (it was) and adjusted backrest up so it hits the small of her back correctly and backed off the lumbar support My brother in law has a 11 cvo and my sister had same issue on theirs when new after a bit it broke in but I believe you are right that extra padding and the seat itself gives the passenger less room, I had put a similir seat on the 10 limited that gave me more room but took space from the wife so I suspect it a combination of both giving the ladies less room You can also raise your backrest that gives them better leg room so might want to try that trick also Sorry for th edelay been busy with holidays first time back on site in awhile...
fredflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alremc wants to know Dino or Syn?
George Anderson the way to go!! easy to install and great quality!
alremc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

alremc & fredflhtk,
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll look into the Anderson plate and adjust the lumbar support.
alremc, what did you do about the cables? Did you have to add length or could you pull the cables far enough backward to reach the tour pak?
Thanks,
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

sire86 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflhtk View Post
Got word last week My 2013 CVO Ultra Anniv is in!!! Did a drive by Saturday to see it, Taking wife up to seee it tonight after work Hop eto have it garaged by the weekend. # 311 of 1100 will be ours... Really like the paint Only draw back i sth eMres said no new scooters for a few years Think I can live within that...
Congrats on the new bike the anniversary models are beauties and yea hard to argue with the wife,this time...
sire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

rltessiCVO wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just joined the forum. Love my 2013 RoadKing CVO 110th Ann. bike. A little over 1000 miles on it. Great machine. In the shop currently getting the latest stage 3 kit install, having heads ported and polished. Vance & Hines Power duals - sweet ride. Love the agitator wheels and diamond dust paint scheme.
rltessiCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

FLSTFI Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltessiCVO View Post
I just joined the forum. Love my 2013 RoadKing CVO 110th Ann. bike. A little over 1000 miles on it. Great machine. In the shop currently getting the latest stage 3 kit install, having heads ported and polished. Vance & Hines Power duals - sweet ride. Love the agitator wheels and diamond dust paint scheme.
Congratulations on the new King. Should run good with the motor mods.

13 CVO Road King Anniversary, #162
12 CVO Road Glide, White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black
03 FLSTFI Silver and Black, now has real fire radical paint set. 95", S&S 570G cams, V&H Big Shot Longs
11 FLHX Street Glide, Purple and black, wifes ride
09 FLSTC Heritage Teal and Antique White, wifes ride
FLSTFI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpak View Post
alremc & fredflhtk,
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll look into the Anderson plate and adjust the lumbar support.
alremc, what did you do about the cables? Did you have to add length or could you pull the cables far enough backward to reach the tour pak?
Thanks,
Just a quick update: My dealer said the Kuryakyn relocation plate works and moves the Tour Pak back 2 inches without moving the amplifier. They also said you can pull the existing cables back the 2inches so you don't have to add any additional cable and connectors. I will try this later, but in the meantime, I'll remove the rider backrest when my lady's on board. I'll also check out the Anderson plate. I'll update if I learn any more.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

rockie wants to know Dino or Syn?
best of luck to all you cvo owners.they are a work of art.i have a 2011 ultra cvo and love it.i am thinking of buying another and having it triked.any advice.if i buy a tri glide and start to add on,i could spend a lot of money and syill not come close to a cvo.has anyone got the garage opener on a 2011 model?
rockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

INSTG8ER wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bad ass bike bro!
INSTG8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement